Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

joined Jul 26, 2019

Risako is often in the background when she is in the class with reicchi she says nothing, she is the only one of the 3 girlfriends to arrive last and as luck would have it in her absence her baby talk, her presence with reicchi in front of kaoru, that she brings the cell phone to the Hospital and gives it a uta,or the little discussion full of tenderness or she says mischievously that she will take care of kaoru ... to finally get to the fall or it will come to light with its real face. Its already starting with the phone shot and its going to continue because risako wants to have an appointment with her.

Once again, all of that suggests (as opposed to proves) that there’s something suspicious about Risako. Taken as a whole, the details (including Reiichi’s behavior) suggest that Risako and Reiichi are (or were) having an affair.

None of that proves for certain what Risako has done in the past or is doing now, or what her motivations might be, or what she plans to do in the future in regard to Kaoru, Reiichi, or the relationship between the two.

We agree that nothing proves but the author does not have fun giving lots of small clues, to make appear characters in the background who like risako seem to be quite normal.
For example why did risako not give the kaoru laptop to reiichi and want to bring it back itself? it really seems that she wants to talk one way or another a kaoru .. Is she in love with kaoru? I do not think because risako seems to have the character necessary to confess his feelings a kaoru has less than as usual kaoru did the one that did not notice anything as with uta ...
In short yes are assumptions but the goal of the author is to give clues, there is no chance that risako and reiichi do not cheat together or so we reach the 5th dimension.
We can still say certain things without making mistakes, the author clearly shows that kaoru is trying to maintain a couple that is ghostly.
We talk about it in one or two chapters but hey if we can not imagine anything with so many incices and details I think we must stop reading manga ^^

And I don't say anything I suppose, but with what the author gives us, it's still realistic.

joined Jul 26, 2019

I think that Risako and Reiichi had an "affair" ever since high-school. As in, they were and still are sex-friends.

Why Reiichi would cave in and go out and even marry Kaoru (even though I don't think he ever loved her) is still unexplained, but I'm starting to feel that he did it at the instigation of Risako, or at least with her blessing.

I imagine and I press well on the verb imagine, that risako and reicchi cheated in secret from school, it seems obvious. Rei broke several times with kaoru, and they did not find themselves by miracle on a square and decided to deceive kaoru.
Kaoru says in the last chapter that risako is the best liar she knows and therefore she has already suspected her and seen her work.
I imagine lol that kaoru by risako or by reii will learn everything, that it has been doing for years that its hard and there, I can't even imagine the shock it will take!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

None of that proves for certain what Risako has done in the past or is doing now, or what her motivations might be, or what she plans to do in the future in regard to Kaoru, Reiichi, or the relationship between the two.

We agree that nothing proves but the author does not have fun giving lots of small clues, to make appear characters in the background who like risako seem to be quite normal.

If you're enjoying how this story works, more power to you--you're obviously not the only one.

It's theoretically possible that all the uncertainty and open questions about the characters, their past history, and their motivations is part of a cunning master plan on the part of the author which shall, sooner or later, be revealed.

I, however, have never gotten the impression that readers are in the hands of a master craftsperson of narrative who is both withholding information and placing subtle clues in order to create mystery and suspense about the emotional lives of the characters--quite the opposite, in fact.

I'll return to an incident/connection that I previously mentioned but that no one else has remarked upon yet:

In the most recent chapter, Risako tells Kaoru that she has not seen Reiichi since their wedding.

But after Kaoru's fall down the steps, Risako returns Kaoru's cellphone to Uta while explaining that she was at the scene of the accident. As Risako must have known would happen, Uta immediately told Kaoru that Risako had returned the phone and Kaoru (at that point still suffering from short-term memory loss) realizes that Reiichi and Risako were together.

So did the author simply forget that Kaoru would have every reason to know that Risako and Reiichi were together when she had her accident?

If not, what possible reason would Risako have for lying now about something that, at the time she assumed everybody already knew? (She says to Uta, "Didn't you hear from Reiichi? I was there when Kaoru injured herself.")

Even if Reiichi told Risako that Kaoru didn't remember anything about the accident itself (and therefore hoped to avoid explaining what they were doing together that day), she already had told Uta directly that she was there.

That's just the most obvious example of why I think this author is not carefully controlling the flow of information to readers to achieve an overall effect, but is just winging it, and not very smoothly, either.

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 1:31PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I think that Risako and Reiichi had an "affair" ever since high-school. As in, they were and still are sex-friends.

Why Reiichi would cave in and go out and even marry Kaoru (even though I don't think he ever loved her) is still unexplained, but I'm starting to feel that he did it at the instigation of Risako, or at least with her blessing.

I think it's fairly obviously motivated by guilt. If Risako gave her blessing it only implies she actually cares about Kaoru.

Kaoru says in the last chapter that risako is the best liar she knows and therefore she has already suspected her and seen her work.

The reason she says that is directly tied to the high-school flashback, Risako lied about not dating Reiichi back then, but Kaoru found out anyway and was devastated.
It makes you wonder why she would hide it, if not to spare Kaoru. Risako can't be so stupid that she thought Kaoru wouldn't find out. Unless she really just didn't want the hassle of dealing with that whole situation.

But after Kaoru's fall down the steps, Risako returns Kaoru's cellphone to Uta while explaining that she was at the scene of the accident. As Risako must have known would happen, Uta immediately told Kaoru that Risako had returned the phone and Kaoru (at that point still suffering from short-term memory loss) realizes that Reiichi and Risako were together.

So did the author simply forget that Kaoru would have every reason to know that Risako and Reiichi were together when she had her accident?

What you are forgetting is the line Kaoru said right after receiving that message from Uta.
"So I was with Risako back then..."
Kaoru pretends that she doesn't remember and instead thought she had been out with Risako. I don't remember any scene where Reiichi or anyone else mentioned that he was actually there during the accident. Kaoru cut him off before he could say it. And afterwards he made a call to someone (which I assume was Risako), so that's how she could have found out that Kaoru doesn't remember any details of the accident, including who was there.

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 1:35PM

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Reicchi just doesn't play the super friend anymore but not the kaoru lover very far from there, the kisses he keeps them for

Yet another example of how difficult it is for readers to separate out:

• ThIngs that we can definitely infer from the text

• Things it is reasonable to infer from the text

• Things it is possible to hypothesize from the text

• Things that are definitely supported by unequivocal specific evidence from the text itself

NOT included in the last category: that Reiichi is having a sexual affair with Risako

We know from the text that Reiichi was with Risako when Kaoru had her accident, and we know Reiichi was lying about being out of town on business at the time. We know Risako also lied about not seeing Reiichi since the wedding.

Indeed, we don't have any proof Reiichi is cheating. We know both he and Risako are lying, and we know Kaoru knows they are lying. If he's not cheating there is still something they are hiding. It's pretty clear that this happened before in the past, when they were in high school.

joined Aug 26, 2018

Kaoru was never self-aware of such feelings. The first chapters actually prove that more . Her complete obliviousness towards how strange and misleading her actions with Uta were is only more proof that she never saw Uta that way. After Uta confessed she had a strong kneejerk reaction, because she does genuinly love Reiichi (I really don't understand how anyone can question that she at least did initially. Whether she is falling out of love or whatever doesn't really matter).
Let's not forget that Kaoru and Reiichi were already together before Uta moved in with them and she didn't seem to have issues back then.

You've got the point there!

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

Having just re-read this, the pace strikes me as not slow at all - the side character stories took up about a volume, but the main story pretty much goes from one thing to another. It just seems slow because we're reading it as it comes out.

yeah! i recently re-read the whole story and it was a lot less slow and painful as I remember it being! it also cleared up a lot for me as well so i definitely recommend that people re-read this work. like, it's still a shit show in terms of unanswered questions, but after a quick re-read, it all makes a bit more sense. to me at least

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Stannis posted:

I imagine and I press well on the verb imagine, that risako and reicchi cheated in secret from school, it seems obvious. Rei broke several times with kaoru, and they did not find themselves by miracle on a square and decided to deceive kaoru.

Reiichi didn't break up "several times" with Kaoru. I seem to remember someone mention it was mistranslated.

Actually, he rejected her several times, but finally caved in and eventually married her, for unknown reasons. I suspect Risako pushed him to.

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 3:27PM

joined Jul 26, 2019

If you're enjoying how this story works, more power to you--you're obviously not the only one.

It's theoretically possible that all the uncertainty and open questions about the characters, their past history, and their motivations is part of a cunning master plan on the part of the author which shall, sooner or later, be revealed.

I, however, have never gotten the impression that readers are in the hands of a master craftsperson of narrative who is both withholding information and placing subtle clues in order to create mystery and suspense about the emotional lives of the characters--quite the opposite, in fact.

I'll return to an incident/connection that I previously mentioned but that no one else has remarked upon yet:

In the most recent chapter, Risako tells Kaoru that she has not seen Reiichi since their wedding.

If not, what possible reason would Risako have for lying now about something that, at the time she assumed everybody already knew? (She says to Uta, "Didn't you hear from Reiichi? I was there when Kaoru injured herself.")

Even if Reiichi told Risako that Kaoru didn't remember anything about the accident itself (and therefore hoped to avoid explaining what they were doing together that day), she already had told Uta directly that she was there.

That's just the most obvious example of why I think this author is not carefully controlling the flow of information to readers to achieve an overall effect, but is just winging it, and not very smoothly, either.

Precisely I rebound on what you say risako knows very well all that, but she doesn't say the word too much by letting her interlocutor give her the information that allows her to lie better.
Of course she knows that kaoru fell when she saw them, she is not as naive as reiichi, of course she knows that kaoru does not say what she thinks. When she talks with uta of course she knows she has to go to her mother's house but she is so strong in lying that she is mistaken for a naive woman when all the information proves that she is manipulative and that since school.
There too when she calls kaoru she knows very well that she has been in a weak position since uta's departure (besides uta tells her when they meet her that kaoru is not as strong as she looks, risako answers with a little smile, I know you worry, I will take care of her lol).
and then the beginning of the other or at the time the dialogue seemed completely banal but today when you read between the lines and guess that risako lies as she breathes it is even more obvious

And then the author makes it appear at the end of the chapter as the fall https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch24#28
and then the beginning of the other or at the time the dialogue seemed completely banal but today when you read between the lines and guess that risako lies as she breathes it is even more obvious https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch25#9

Also when reicchi has to leave suddenly for a long business trip....
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch07#8
for finally https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch10#28
I believe that we can no longer talk about doubt but certainty, the only missing element are the details of this deception and how close risako and reicchi are.

No no no its not your faults risako … https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch11#14 Because she is the one who asked reiichi to join her....see you soon https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch11#15
which means that reicchi tries to see her as often as possible and despite this serious accident of kaoru…
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch11#17 Kaoru was never an amnesiac she lied. Her tremors prove it.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch11#20 And all this passage shows that she would see herself as uta's sister, she likes her and alludes to another chapter...

All that to say that I'm not far from the truth and that the turning point of the series is now.

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 4:58PM

joined Jul 26, 2019

Stannis posted:

Reiichi didn't break up "several times" with Kaoru. I seem to remember someone mention it was mistranslated.

Actually, he rejected her several times, but finally caved in and eventually married her, for unknown reasons. I suspect Risako pushed him to.

Thanks for the explanation but in the end it doesn't change anything, reiichi rejected it because it was certainly with risako but risako for some reason did not want it to be known... we will need to know the details but the author probably planned to talk about this part of the story between risako and reicchi from school until now.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Headcanon—it’s a hell of a drug.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Risako actually is shooting for Kaoru

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Risako actually is shooting for Kaoru

RisakoxKaoru endgame FO SHO

ReiichixTruck-kun

last edited at Oct 2, 2019 11:39PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Risako never gave Uta her name and is a complete stranger to her. Why would Risako have a strong reason to believe that Uta not only figured out who she was, but then also informed Kaoru of her identity and presence at the accident?

It is pretty much a given that Reiichi and Risako would have talked to each other about getting their stories strait after finding out Kaoru had short term memory loss from her concussion. I really don't see why Risako wouldn't have a pretty good reason to simply lie about seeing Reiichi given the situation.

joined Sep 6, 2018
  1. Don’t go talk shit to the author what is wrong with you! ( that person who did it) it’s the same that happend to WDTFS .. started telling her that she should be grateful someone is translating her work illegally.. SMH! You should never ever tell the author that their work is bad or to hurry the fuck up. As he/she said in the introductions this is their first long manga? Or maybe the first ever and he/she wanted to make this a good one, and motivation was something he/she wasn’t good at i think. So when people tell them shit like that we won’t get much more in the end. Think of about the consequences.

2. My Opinion is that i think overall this story is going good so far, we can’t get what we want it’s for the author to decide, we can talk this out and make theory’s, but i whatever the author decides is up to them. As long as i get to see the progress i’m happy and i still have something to read i’m good!

3. People who keeps saying i have no hope in this, and dropped it.... why are you making people triggered? If you dropped it you are welcome to comment, but i hope you read it least to come and make hell in the comment section.

4. The author is not slow, good stuff takes time in my opinion, have most of the people here even tried drawing different expressions and positions and so on? It’s fucking difficult! I know this all to well. Not only do you have to think about story, but placements and where to put the writing. Then it’s needless negative people who’s sending feedback about not liking it and don’t like how it progressed and so on.. and the can feel down about such feedbacks, and lose all motivation! Like i said at first.. think about the consequences.....

Ummm... you realize you’re commenting on a website which posts illegal translations (without author’s consent) that has taken months or years after their publication date?

There is no incentive to send such constructive criticism back to the author because:
1. Website receives cease-and-desist letters from angry authors. Aaaand,
2. Commenting here is like a post-post-post game comment to an athlete or stating something to author who doesn’t need comments that are not remotely close to what they’re working on now.

Blastaar chuckled at your comment because you haven’t realized the separation from reality on this website (I must admit, it took me a while to realize this too). What you say only pertains to just the readers on this site, no one else. It’s like you farting in the wind and the mangakas are all up-wind but us readers are down-wind from you... so please, limit your exhortations to modify our behavior, because we all know that these uploaded translations are meant for us, who don’t know the languages these mangas were originally published.

last edited at Oct 3, 2019 7:35AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Risako never gave Uta her name and is a complete stranger to her. Why would Risako have a strong reason to believe that Uta not only figured out who she was, but then also informed Kaoru of her identity and presence at the accident?

This makes no sense—there’s no reason Uta would have play detective to “figure out who she was.” Risako explicitly says that she knows Reiichi. If Risako had been interested in hiding her identity, she could have simply given the phone to Reiichi and have him say that he picked it up.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Geez, fuck this manga, this has the worst drama I've ever seen.

joined Oct 4, 2019

××××× RAGE QUIT ×××××

Ugh! enough with this drama. I'm quit. This manga make me annoyed. I'll wait for tMnR to write ErixUmi doujins only! His/her original manga is not good for me.

××××× RAGE QUIT ×××××

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

yall gonna come crawling back once we get the good yuri going i still have faith in this story

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

yall gonna come crawling back once we get the good yuri going i still have faith in this story

I'm not dropping the story, but I don't think I have much faith in it. Yuri or no yuri, it's gonna be, to paraphrase Jabzy, kinda crap.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

This makes no sense—there’s no reason Uta would have play detective to “figure out who she was.” Risako explicitly says that she knows Reiichi. If Risako had been interested in hiding her identity, she could have simply given the phone to Reiichi and have him say that he picked it up.

It makes perfect sense.

Risako was not aware that Kaoru had suffered memory loss of the incident at the point where she handed over the phone. Of course she wouldn't have tried to hide her tracks at the time if she believed Kaoru strait up saw her.

She only bothered to try to lie about it after finding out she could because Kaoru didn't remember anything about what happened and the girl she gave the phone to has never met her before and has no idea who she is other than the fact she is one of any number of females acquaintances Kaoru has made.

There is nothing even remotely unrealistic about her course of action. She didn't try to hide it at first because she presumed she couldn't given that Kaoru saw her before falling.

The author even went out of her way to drive the point home at the time that Uta never got her name and didn't know who she was by having Uta outright state it in her conversation with Kaoru afterwards.

last edited at Oct 4, 2019 11:41PM

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

I feel like Reiichi is gonna straight up be like "uh wat? Nah lol, you're probably just feeling lonely 'cuz Uta left, we don't need a kid" and that's what's probably gonna open up Kaoru's eyes a bit. At least I hope it is, I hate the "having a baby with a dude" obstacle for lesbian fiction, it is so overdone sometimes, specially in books, and also because it's just so unnecessary for it to actually show a couple has problems and it's so awkward and uncomfortable.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Things are finally accelerating and my predictions on the evolution of situations are good ^^
kaoru really starts to understand the real situation of his couple, risako really becomes an important and decisive character, and kaoru is indeed a character as important as uta in the manga with already 2 chapters entirely focused on her

If it continues as I thought it would, kaoru will question his feelings, to absolutely want to remain in the normality of a male and female couple, of a family. And to think more and more about what is the case in the last 2 chapters=

My prediction for the furur is that she will part from reiichi, that risako will have to confess, moreover risako is a rather mysterious character it seems that she hides something deeper, is she in love with kaoru? that she will want uta to come back but it will not be as easy to convince her because uta no longer wants to be just a mouth hole

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

and kaoru is indeed a character as important as uta in the manga with already 2 chapters entirely focused on her

???? Yeah no shit Sherlock she is suposs be the second main character, of course she is an important character.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Risako stole Reiichi because she wanted Kaoru to divorce, so she can have her.

Where did I read something like that? Oh right, in some Kodama Naoko.

To reply you must either login or sign up.