Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Pyoro posted:

Truth be told, I have a real soft spot for stories about families of choice, having fallen into a wonderful one myself.

That's fitting, 'cause one of my pet peeves in stories is when protagonists are unable to let go of their families and no matter what must somehow forgive them; ie in LGBT novels heroine that were sexually abused by their father or kicked out of the family after coming out and then somehow reconciling while (for example) one party is one the death bed.

I totally agree. I do understand the "same blood" etc. thing, but at some point you have to ask yourself. How much of terrible human being one needs to become so "but we're still a family" doesn't work anymore? I always felt that amout of bias and overlooking bad things, because someone is part of family, was very hypocritical, when compared to treatment of someone outside of it. You can be literal Hitler, but your mom will still love you, because you're her child.

Not saying that can't or shouldn't happen, but I'd like to see more "I got a new family, piss off" moments. cough

If I ever learn how to draw, that's exactly something I have in mind.

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

LOOKATMEMIDORI

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ I haven't been laughing this much in such a normal manner since RSSlav deleted his channel.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

LOOKATMEMIDORI

oh my god im in tears

last edited at Oct 11, 2019 8:40PM by Nezchan

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

I thought Midori is some shy and purr girl, no one tell me she is such a smooth killer

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

despite the serious subject matter within this story i can't even with these memes

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

LOOKATMEMIDORI

xD. Lol.

Bitter_Yuri_Reader
B54b9b73acf116a04cdf291380171b8e
joined May 2, 2018

LOOKATMEMIDORI

I WAS LITERALLY JUST THINKING ABOUT HOW FITTING THIS MEME WAS HAH I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!

joined Feb 23, 2016

LOOKATMEMIDORI

Hahah wtf! This is pure gold!(≧∇≦)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So I guess this is how Haru got her name.

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

^ If the only question Midori answered was her favorite color, Haru would be named something like: Akane, Aoi, or Kurokawa.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

^ If the only question Midori answered was her favorite color, Haru would be named something like: Akane, Aoi, or Kurokawa.

Or if she answered the favorite food question, Meatba.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I guess she said something amounting to "Haru wa suki", with the double entendre between the firstname and the season.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I guess she said something amounting to "Haru wa suki", with the double entendre between the firstname and the season.

If she had said this to Haru. But seeing that she's still in school herself here, it must be her mother instead.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

luinthoron posted:

If she had said this to Haru. But seeing that she's still in school herself here, it must be her mother instead.

Oh right. Then it suggests Tsugumi named her daughter Haru because of this.

Or it's foreshadowing.

last edited at Oct 11, 2019 4:49PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Oh right. Then it suggests Tsugumi named her daughter Haru because of this.

Or it's foreshadowing.

The boring truth: anon on /u/ was just like "lol put this as a TN" and typesetter was like "okay" and I was like "why you do dis"

You don't even need to link it to Haru. Spring's a pretty central season for Midori regardless.

last edited at Oct 11, 2019 4:54PM

joined Sep 13, 2018

im gonna call it out right now , probably tsugumi and her husband got divorced because she was in love with midori since the school days but midori was kinda dumb to notice.

Midori's life circled around tsugumi , and the same goes for the other girl doing everything around her only real friend.

I guess near the end this would hit hard if it goes like that

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

anybody know how much of this is out in japanese? is it still running, or has it been completed?

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

anybody know how much of this is out in japanese? is it still running, or has it been completed?

I think we are on par with the ongoing release? maybe one chapter behind? I am not quite sure, but yes, it still ongoing

last edited at Nov 22, 2019 8:08PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

It's up to date.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Interesting the very jealous classmate does anything with haru at school. Haru also repackages it sever ^^
And haru who understands at the end that Midori was in love with her mother....
We may learn more soon and it will be very intense emotionally compared to tsugami....

joined May 7, 2017

Dang it, took me 5 pages to realize that blonde girl at the beginning was not Haru because they were drew so similar ...

Img_20190418_023052-min
joined Mar 16, 2019

I never get the "not doing something because the other might catch the cold" but live/do other things in the same building with them anyway. Come on, it's a virus, just do whatever you want, damnit.

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

This is making me cry and it's midnight

joined Sep 6, 2018

The sound effect of Haru doing something with the bitch in the hallway has gotta be a “kabedon”. Kinda shitty when classmates pile on her after she lost her mother. I wonder how Midori will take the news about her charge, Haru, getting flak at school during some parent/teacher conference... on second thought, Midori isn’t capable of going that far of caring for Haru (she missed that previous one). Looks like Haru is taking it by herself at school... a fist fight and repercussions would be interesting.

last edited at Nov 22, 2019 10:39PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.