Forum › A Story About Doing XX to Girls From Different Species discussion

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

New chapters are always a good way for me to pass 5 minutes.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Awkward confession time! I think doll joints are kinda hot. I blame Rozen Maiden (also partly to blame for making me fond of big frilly bloomers)

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Huh. If the japanese phrase translates to "The scales have fallen (from my eyes)," why not use that? It seems closer to the original meaning and preserves the snake pun.

Severa%20icon
joined Sep 3, 2016

Lmao yall translated it to blood echoes. So very bloodborne of you

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Aww, I wanted to see more of doll-chan.

joined May 23, 2015

Huh. If the japanese phrase translates to "The scales have fallen (from my eyes)," why not use that? It seems closer to the original meaning and preserves the snake pun.

I've never actually seen that phrase used in English and wasn't really sure how well its meaning would come across. I was completely unaware it even existed in English.

Lmao yall translated it to blood echoes. So very bloodborne of you

The phrase used there is the Japanese term for Bloodborne's blood echoes. It is a unique phrase in Japanese, so it's specifically meant to be that. Because she's the doll, you see.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

No wonder that she didn't see those things coming. I loved that pun. Amazing.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

I've never actually seen that phrase used in English and wasn't really sure how well its meaning would come across. I was completely unaware it even existed in English.

It's very common in English--biblical, even.

joined Jul 26, 2016

^And as tends to happen with Biblical proverbs (and names for that matter) there's a suitably localised rendition in probably pretty much every European language - can confirm Finnish, personally.

Probably doesn't hurt that the inspiration wasn't too hard for any random peasant to witness firsthand...

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

"Blood echoes" huh? I see this author is a person of culture.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

"Your nipples are too hard!" I see what you did here.

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Ball joints ARE erotic.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

"Blood echoes" huh? I see this author is a person of culture.

I was hoping she would call her "good hunter"

joined May 23, 2015

I have learned something.

Although it's apparently not common enough for anyone else working on the chapter to catch, or for anyone on any other site to have commented on.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I have learned something.

Although it's apparently not common enough for anyone else working on the chapter to catch, or for anyone on any other site to have commented on.

Heathens!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

MZH posted:

It's not terribly common at all. It's valid, yes. But it's quite uncommon.

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

god damn it. now i need to lend a ps4 again and play bloodborne.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I can see the light!

Cxpifenweaaqcl21
joined Nov 24, 2016

I lost it at Blood Echoes.

549487_1
joined May 10, 2018

Good as always.

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

Loving this more with each chapter.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

I love the Human x Fallen Angel ship.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

If you're bookish you will be quite familiar with the expression, although this discussion makes me feel old, as does the Japanese I read now, so that makes the translation even more apt, in a way.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I love the Human x Fallen Angel ship.

Ditto! From white to black wings (angel of death), that’s hilarious. The allergies is funny, too. Can the human get the angel’s frequent flyer miles?

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

A perverted, to the point of fallen, angel and a pure demon. Because of course.

To reply you must either login or sign up.