Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

You know that nothing good will come by provoking . The conversation need to stop because there no point to continue it.

I'm no BugDevil, I know when to hold em' and fold em'. Wait...did I just engage in provocation??

On a serious note, why aren't they having more sex?? Kase acts out the way she does mostly because she's sexually frustrated, or at least that's how it's played. She'd be a lot more tame if she were getting some on a regular basis. At one point, I half expected in this chapter for Kase to take Yamada in an ally somewhere. More proof that Hiromi does not know how young adults actually work, which is weird, considering how I presume that she was one at one point? Further evidenced by the fact that Yamada still gets really anxious when Kase even attempts to touch her. I thought we were passed this, but clearly we aren't if ole' girl can't even put a band-aid on Yamada without her having a heart attack. Where is the love...or rather, the sex?? I need it and Kase DAMN sure needs it.

last edited at Oct 5, 2019 4:00PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

On a serious note, why aren't they having more sex??

Because they have college ? Kase is always at her dorms and Yamada has her own appartement, i guess they don't have the opportunity to have much intimate moment.

Kase acts out the way she does mostly because she's sexually frustrated

To be fair, Kase seem always sexually frustrated.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

You know that nothing good will come by provoking . The conversation need to stop because there no point to continue it.

I'm no BugDevil, I know when to hold em' and fold em'. Wait...did I just engage in provocation??

On a serious note, why aren't they having more sex?? Kase acts out the way she does mostly because she's sexually frustrated, or at least that's how it's played. She'd be a lot more tame if she were getting some on a regular basis. At one point, I half expected in this chapter for Kase to take Yamada in ally somewhere. More proof that Hiromi does not know how young adults actually work, which is weird, considering how I presume that she was one at one point? Further evidenced by the fact that Yamada still gets really anxious when Kase even attempts to touch her. I thought we were passed this, but clearly we aren't if ole' girl can't even put a band-aid on Yamada without her having a heart attack. Where is the love...or rather, the sex?? I need it and Kase DAMN sure needs it at this point.

It feels like it's part of the general "Yamada is functionally a child" thing Hiromi has going on.

Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

On a serious note, why aren't they having more sex??

Because they have college ? Kase is always at her dorms and Yamada has her own appartement, i guess they don't have the opportunity to have much intimate moment.

Kase acts out the way she does mostly because she's sexually frustrated

To be fair, Kase seem always sexually frustrated.

Lol, do you know how young adults work?? When has college, work, or life ever stopped anyone in the history of shipping from getting it in, especially young people-who have their own place. Speaking for myself, rabbits had nothing on me in my college heyday. Maybe it's just a subconscious reflection of Japan's culture, where such intimacy really isn't a priority, but as we can see it's beginning to have profound consequences on this girl's mental state.

last edited at Oct 5, 2019 2:21PM

Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

On a serious note, why aren't they having more sex?? Kase acts out the way she does mostly because she's sexually frustrated, or at least that's how it's played. She'd be a lot more tame if she were getting some on a regular basis. At one point, I half expected in this chapter for Kase to take Yamada in ally somewhere. More proof that Hiromi does not know how young adults actually work, which is weird, considering how I presume that she was one at one point? Further evidenced by the fact that Yamada still gets really anxious when Kase even attempts to touch her. I thought we were passed this, but clearly we aren't if ole' girl can't even put a band-aid on Yamada without her having a heart attack. Where is the love...or rather, the sex?? I need it and Kase DAMN sure needs it at this point.

It feels like it's part of the general "Yamada is functionally a child" thing Hiromi has going on.

Which at this point is problematic. THEY ARE HAVING SEX (I presume what we saw at the end of the first series wasn't a one time fluke??) and they are still having intimacy issues, be it name calling or casual touching. Make it make sense.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Like majere said, i think it's more of a Yamada problem on that side. I think Kase don't want to force Yamada to have sex so she restrain herself, well barely but still.

Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

Like majere said, i think it's more of a Yamada problem on that side. I think Kase don't want to force Yamada to have sex so she restrain herself, well barely but still.

Hmm...by your logic what we saw WAS a one time fluke, and they're not having sex, which actually makes sense as to why Kase is sooo frustrated...man, that's depressing.

last edited at Oct 5, 2019 2:29PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This sums up Yamada.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Hmm...by your logic what we saw WAS a one time fluke, and they're not having sex, which actually makes sense as to why Kase is sooo frustrated...man, that's depressing.

It's not because they had sex once that suddendly they want to do it all the time. Like i said they might not have that much together and they prefer to have date rather than just fuck like animals when they can see each other. Not all relations are about having sex each time you see your partner. They're young girls who start their relation,give them time to get confortable with that.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

majere posted:

Kase is a tomboy.

It's clearly mimicking a het relatioship.

Dropped.

/s

You kid but it does feel like this story leans hard into the "but who's the guy" mentality people often apply to sapphic relationships.

Even lesbians have integrated these roles. Butch/Femme, Neko/Tachi, Breadwinner/Housewife whatever...

Some other lesbians hate this kind of dynamics, because it's associated with the oppression of the patriarchy. But it doesn't make it invalid. It's an association fallacy.

It's okay for two women in a relationship to have one who takes charge and one who's pampered. As long as they are comfortable and happy with it, why is it bothering you?

last edited at Oct 5, 2019 2:41PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

majere posted:

Kase is a tomboy.

Dropped.

/s

You kid but it does feel like this story leans hard into the "but who's the guy" mentality people often apply to sapphic relationships.

Even lesbians have integrated these roles. Butch/Femme, Neko/Tachi, Breadwinner/Housewife whatever...

Some other lesbians hate this kind of dynamics, because it's associated with the oppression of the patriarchy. But it doesn't make it invalid. It's an association fallacy.

It's okay for two women in a relationship to have one who takes charge and one who's pampered. As long as they are comfortable and happy with it, why is it bothering you?

Well first thing, butch and femme do not denote what heteronormative gender role a person fulfills in their relationships that's exactly the kind of misconception I'm talking about. Butches aren't play acting as men. Secondly, Yamada never actually agreed to this dynamic Kase just appointed herself the protector without any actual discussion of the subject. Heck she actively pushed back against it only for Kase to ignore her.

Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

It's not because they had sex once that suddendly they want to do it all the time. Like i said they might not have that much together and they prefer to have date rather than just fuck like animals when they can see each other. Not all relations are about having sex each time you see your partner. They're young girls who start their relation,give them time to get confortable with that.

Meh, perhaps if we were dealing with an asexual couple I could buy that, not two healthy, young adults in their sexual prime; and from what we've seen there is nothing remotely asexual about either of them. We also haven't seen any hints of past sexual intimacy linked to trauma of any sort, so, I genuinely don't understand the hesitation as it pertains to the intimate aspects of their relationship. And, if relationships are about give and take, then Kase clearly needs more giving from her partner, and one could argue that this deficit is quite (subconsciously or not) selfish on Yamada's part.

But if you want to dismiss it as her innocence and child like nature then okay, you win. Ultimately, it boils down to the author's inability or unwillingness to flesh out these characters, which leaves us scratching our heads as to what the true motivation is that guides their behavior. I'm done speculating on what poorly written fictional characters are thinking and feeling. Still love and support the series tho ;)

last edited at Oct 5, 2019 4:40PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I doubt there are many couples out there, het or otherwise, who discuss their "power dynamics" and decide who's going to fulfill which role. It just evolves along the relationship. From flirting to settling in, each person finds their marks and adjusts their behavior and expectations along the way. If it doesn't work for either one for some reason, it leads to a break up or a divorce. That these roles mimic the established man/woman roles or not is irrelevant.

Now, there are abusive relationships, with controlling partners, everywhere in the world, with men or women who can't bring themselves to leave and rationalize it.

But it's not exclusive to het relationships.

Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

majere posted:

Kase is a tomboy.

Dropped.

/s

Well first thing, butch and femme do not denote what heteronormative gender role a person fulfills in their relationships that's exactly the kind of misconception I'm talking about. Butches aren't play acting as men. Secondly, Yamada never actually agreed to this dynamic Kase just appointed herself the protector without any actual discussion of the subject. Heck she actively pushed back against it only for Kase to ignore her.

Damn, Nya-chan said it before I could.

Valid points, but isn't that kinda reflective of how it goes irl?? Honestly, who's ever sat down with their partner and had a full conversation on what norms they agree to abide by? No, it just an unspoken agreement, which tends to be a lot more fluid in lesbian relationships. Truth be told, it would be much more unsettling and not at all believable if Yamada actually turned to Kase and said "you're supposed to be wearing the pants dammit, protect my innocence at all costs."

last edited at Oct 5, 2019 4:39PM

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

YESSS There’s a update!!! I’ve bee waiting for so long!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

1000 comments! And they've all got me wondering if I'm reading the same story, or even genre, as everyone else.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

1000 comments! And they've all got me wondering if I'm reading the same story, or even genre, as everyone else.

Concepts such as “genre” are irrelevant—these are test-case hypothetical models of real-life behavior to be compared to contemporary psychological and universally-true social best-practices, and then either approved or (in most cases) found wanting.

Or so it seems.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Now now Blastaar, as you yourself pointed out not long ago, people - some people, anyway - are quite capable of viewing a story both as a piece of fiction and as a hypothetical relationship model as you put it. One can feel strongly about the negative side of Kase's behavior while still simultaneously keeping in mind genre conventions and authorial intent.

Though I will say that I think that cases like Kase or Bloom Into You, which ARE for the most part positive and fairly "realesque" (as opposed to "realistic") models of the growth of a WLW relationship, are more prone to be under such scrutiny as case studies, and under more pressure by their audiences to attain and maintain ever greater perfection in that role. Needless to say, it is much easier to enjoy, for example, Mochi Au Lait or Kodama Naoko's works purely as entertainment. It's a consequence that good authors writing good and believable relationships bring on themselves through their own skillfulness.

last edited at Oct 5, 2019 9:05PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Actually, my point was more that quite a few people seem to either be unaware of the distinction between characters as elements of narrative works of art and as hypothetical beings who exist in the real world, or else they are incapable of cognitively sustaining their understanding of that difference for very long when discussing stories.

While it’s sometimes fun as a sort of parlor game to slip into the mindset of the characters in a story and to discuss them as real people, ultimately I care about storytelling, not moralizing, and I see no point in scolding imaginary persons for their failures to live up to my, or anyone else’s, conception of proper behavior.

last edited at Oct 5, 2019 9:20PM

joined May 1, 2013

I have no idea what point you're actually trying to make.

This I believe.

Given your premises about “creepiness” and your assumptions about the author’s intentions and what the author “should” be doing, it’s clear that the more I attempt to make the point, the less intelligible it will be.

I’d say “enjoy,” but . . .

Why didn't you clarify? There were some pretty specific things I asked about that I didn't understand. How was this response meant to be helpful?

While it’s sometimes fun as a sort of parlor game to slip into the mindset of the characters in a story and to discuss them as real people, ultimately I care about storytelling, not moralizing, and I see no point in scolding imaginary persons for their failures to live up to my, or anyone else’s, conception of proper behavior.

....no one's doing this, tho? I, for one, am criticizing the AUTHOR for the themes, not the characters as if they were real.

last edited at Oct 6, 2019 12:12AM

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

me finishing this chapter

Awww... that was a cute chapter! The art and facial expressions are always so soft, and I love how the author consistently shows that the two are sexually interested in one another. You don't see that too often in manga. It makes me sad that Kase and Yamada are always apart now that they're in college. Hopefully they can live together someday like Kase suggested that one time.
Alright, now let's see what other people thought of it!

checks the discussion

Um...... the hell did I just walk in on?

joined Sep 6, 2018

Kase-San... the last, great yuri manga on this site being translated and posted. May this series be a never-ending story, for I can’t find any newer mangas worthy of following.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Clueless1 posted:

Kase-San... the last, great yuri manga on this site being translated and posted. May this series be a never-ending story, for I can’t find any newer mangas worthy of following.

Try one piece

ShoujoCent posted:

me finishing this chapter

Awww... that was a cute chapter! The art and facial expressions are always so soft, and I love how the author consistently shows that the two are sexually interested in one another. You don't see that too often in manga. It makes me sad that Kase and Yamada are always apart now that they're in college. Hopefully they can live together someday like Kase suggested that one time.
Alright, now let's see what other people thought of it!

checks the discussion

Um...... the hell did I just walk in on?

Better to ignore it, is a discussion where no one is willing to understand the other and some even like to feint ignorance to the parts they can't discuss xD so yeah, its stuck.

NOW BACK TO Kase and Yamada, I wonder if the author has an ending in mind (like moving in together) or if we will have Kase and Yamada manga for years to come, where they live together, get married, they get jobs or better live their dreams and struggle and who knows they might even have kids... Because right now we're in a point where it could end in the next chapter and there wouldn't be loose ends or it might continue like this indefinitely

last edited at Oct 6, 2019 2:15AM

joined Sep 6, 2018

Looking up “One Piece”... wow. It’s like the “Lord of the Rings” for manga. Impressive... at 94 volumes, that’s too much for me, and I’m more interested in yuri. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Lis%20pricefield%205
joined Jun 13, 2019

Damn, I love those subtle ogling and glacing that Kase gave Yamada.

To reply you must either login or sign up.