Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well, no, yes, I know she said she was unstable. lol But I reckon I just find myself considering if that instability pushed her to either A or B in my question, or if it's kind of an 'All of the Above" sort of answer.

More like an "I'm gonna try something stupid" sort of answer I'd say...

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I don't have much of an opinion on Reichi yet. His cheating has yet to be confirmed. He looks stuck in a bad marriage, which he certainly has part in agreeing to in the frist place.

Kaoru is extremely insecure. She doesn't own her emotional responses. Whether or not Reichi is cheating, she's culpable in the lack of positive development in her life. (If she's being cheated on that's terrible, but she's just sticking her head in the sand.) They're both complacent in their marriage. As far as I'm concerned, Risako is just a physical manifestation of the insecurities Kaoru needs to face.

I hope the baby "threat" is a breaking point for Reichi. Something or someone needs to force her to be decisive for once. She needs a reality check.

I don't see the point in driving home Kaoru's insecurity anymore. Do we need to see how much more her life can fall into ruin? How much more she can make a fool of herself?

The baby can't happen because that would be unfair to the child that would come of it. Uta hasn't even been gone that long; of all the poor reactions...

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 3:08PM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

so are we all saying yes to Reiichi and Risako having an affair? I swear the background behind Risako when she was talking to Kaoru on the phone was their apartment

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, no, yes, I know she said she was unstable. lol But I reckon I just find myself considering if that instability pushed her to either A or B in my question, or if it's kind of an 'All of the Above" sort of answer.

More like an "I'm gonna try something stupid" sort of answer I'd say...

Yeah, “I’m especially emotionally unstable today—I’m going for it!”

Of course, with Reiichi, the response to “I think I’m ready to have a baby,” is likely to be, “You know, on second thought, since my feet are now bigger than my head I’m probably going to need some new shoes—I’m going out for a while. We’ll talk later—like next week. Or month.”

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch26#30

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 3:11PM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

My god. This makes me feel angry.

I say it again: Reiichi can go eat bags of dicks and Risako can go to hell.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

so are we all saying yes to Reiichi and Risako having an affair? I swear the background behind Risako when she was talking to Kaoru on the phone was their apartment

I think the fact that he's blown off important dates with his wife to be with Risako/has lied about being away for business while in fact he was with Risako, and the fact that Risako lays out a Big Fat Lie when asked directly about the last time she'd seen Reiichi is a pretty big confirmation that there are shenanigans afoot.

Also, I went back and looked more closely: Risako isn't in Kaoru's apartment. Both locations seem to have that recessed lighting situation going on in the ceiling, but the couch at Kaoru's place is up against a wall and also looks different than what Risako is sitting on. And also Kaoru's couche has her lump of fuck husband sprawled all over it, lol.

I know a lot of people are really super hating on Kaoru's character, but I can't bring myself to hate her. I know what it's like to be in a situation of "this is not emotionally healthy but it's all I know to do to get by", since I was more or less "married" to the same lump of fuck man for 13 years before I finally said enough and left him to go prancing down the rainbow road. ;)

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 3:40PM

D8nmo9pwwaaygjd
joined Sep 3, 2019

oh wow. here's to hoping that the mangaka isn't as stupid as this buildup is starting to lead me to believe. after this chapter i'm starting to wonder if the conclusion will just be another derivative of the melodramatic "to you in 15 years" bittersweet endings.

but then again, we've seen kaoru's indecisiveness and unwillingness to actually talk things out many a time before this chapter, so this probably isn't the last nail in the coffin. uta's absence is already bringing out a change in kaoru's thinking and way of processing emotions. maybe next chapter she'll get the push she needs to finally make a change in her life (possibly in the middle of a 7-page long sequence of having sex with reiichi... yuck..)

either way, i don't think we're ever going to see uta and kaoru ever truly happy with each other, but here's to hoping we at least get some form of resolution in her shitty married life!

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

After reading so many comments here i decide, that i dont follow this series anymore. Nobody is hoping anything good from this Manga like me. 99% of u are angry like me. So i dont follow this series anymore.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

After reading so many comments here i decide, that i dont follow this series anymore. Nobody is hoping anything good from this Manga like me. 99% of u are angry like me. So i dont follow this series anymore.

Well if it gives you any peace, I'm not angry. I actually find it quite hilarious.
And pacing aside, I think there is a lot of good here. The side-pairing, the build up in the early chapters, the genuine heartwrenching moments (for example when Uta finally confessed).
Although I have little faith in a good ending (read believable), I still wanna see where it goes. The author clearly has a plan and knows what they are doing. They are just doing way too slow haha

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Not angry either. I'm with BugDevil on the "too slow".

I'm fine with slow burn, but clearly a lot of people are frustrated with various aspects of the story, and I think a significant development in Kaoru's situation would bring the most relief. Kaoru's the feature character right now for some purpose. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 4:04PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BugDevil posted:

and knows what they are doing.

As was argued before. There's difference between slow burn and being incompetent. Also I dropped it ages ago, because of poor story telling and wasted opportunities. I'm not angry. I'm disappointed.

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 4:04PM

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

My English is not the Yellow from the Egg so i think i wrote not detailed enough what i wanted to say. I try it again.

FOR ME:
I absolutly dont like the pasting of this Manga. Way to slow, to much useless chapter with no Progress.
The timting for the Side character is horrible.
The decisions that Kaoru made are so duuumb. If she really love her Dude and the Marriage is important for her she would have confroted him directly. Personally if I would be scared that my Wife would cheat on me i would confront her and ask her directly. I could not handle to life a Marriage in fear.

So my Rating for this Manga is 3/10. 3 Points only because i like Uta. This Storytelling sucks so hard. To many dumb decisions.

EDIT: Because of that i think many People here think the same as I.

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 4:05PM

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

My English is not the Yellow from the Egg so i think i wrote not detailed enough what i wanted to say. I try it again.

FOR ME:
I absolutly dont like the pasting of this Manga. Way to slow, to much useless chapter with no Progress.
The timting for the Side character is horrible.
The decisions that Kaoru made are so duuumb. If she really love her Dude and the Marriage is important for her she would have confroted him directly. Personally if I would be scared that my Wife would cheat on me i would confront her and ask her directly. I could not handle to life a Marriage in fear.

So my Rating for this Manga is 3/10. 3 Points only because i like Uta. This Storytelling sucks so hard. To many dumb decisions.

EDIT: Because of that i think many People here think the same as I.

human beings always make dumb decisions how is that unbelievable

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

BugDevil posted:

and knows what they are doing.

Doubt

As was argued before. There's difference between slow burn and being incompetent. Also I dropped it ages ago, because of poor story telling and wasted opportunities. I'm not angry. I'm disappointed.

Well believe what you want, but the writing has actually never been incompetent. The only serious complaint anyone here can make is that too much information is hidden and things barely move forward. Those are not at all proof for incompetence. Whenever a plot point gets delivered it's done quite effectively, which speaks more of rough talent than lucky shot to me.

Also if you dropped it, what are you doing here? Enjoying the show? lol

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 4:11PM

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

What!? NO!!! DONT GO HAVING A KID WITH THE FUCKER WHILE YOU STILL THINK HE'S CHEATING. STOP! BEING! A DOORMAT!!! Seriously, what does she see in this guy, what did she ever see? He gives off nothing but blank face protag vibes.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BugDevil posted:

Also if you dropped it, what are you doing here? Enjoying the show? lol

Nah. I just sometimes randomly check comments, especially if it's series I used to read or I'm interested in reading. New chapter dropped so I checked comments out of curiosity, to see if people still complain about the same stuff. They do, which make me feel like dropping it was the right call.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Nah. I just sometimes randomly check comments, especially if it's series I used to read or I'm interested in reading. New chapter dropped so I checked comments out of curiosity, to see if people still complain about the same stuff. They do, which make me feel like dropping it was the right call.

You have some fun hobbies.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BugDevil posted:

That's what forum is for, isn't it?

joined Mar 21, 2017

BugDevil posted:

I do the same with WDTFS, its probably more common than one would think.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I do the same with WDTFS, its probably more common than one would think.

My condolences. I don't know what's worse, that manhwa or its comments section.

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 4:48PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't think the pace is slow, just people wanting to see the resolution already. I'd think this was slow if this chapter was a filler and didn't move the plot forward. We needed to see how Kaoru reacts right after Uta leaving.

I remember a comment saying that while Uta was with them, Kaoru thought she was actually getting what she needed all from Reiichi. And seems like that's what the author wants to convey too, since there was that scene with Kaoru and her friends right after the wedding, asking her why she loved Reiichi and she couldn't pinpoint the reasons.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I don't think the pace is slow, just people wanting to see the resolution already. I'd think this was slow if this chapter was a filler and didn't move the plot forward. We needed to see how Kaoru reacts right after Uta leaving.

I remember a comment saying that while Uta was with them, Kaoru thought she was actually getting what she needed all from Reiichi. And seems like that's what the author wants to convey too, since there was that scene with Kaoru and her friends right after the wedding, asking her why she loved Reiichi and she couldn't pinpoint the reasons.

Yeah. Like I mentioned a tad earlier, now that Uta is gone from her household and out of her everyday life for the first time in a long time, if not for the first time entirely, Kaoru is faced with having to unpack a LOT of feelings that she apparently hid away either consciously, or subconsciously (or both). Having to dissect Uta from being a part of Reiichi's identity to her seems to have really, really pushed over that first domino in a row of a lot of other potentially explosive dominoes.

Also, I can't remember exactly, but wasn't there some sort of "incident" between Kaoru's family and Reiichi and Uta's family that was never explained, just kind of alluded to? Or am I mis-remembering (again)? It feels like I made a mental note a while back that there seemed to be a lot of guilt over Something Bad that was keeping them all together, but I could be mixing it up with another manga (I have gotten this one and "My Brother's Wife" jumbled in my head before).

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

What!? NO!!! DONT GO HAVING A KID WITH THE FUCKER WHILE YOU STILL THINK HE'S CHEATING. STOP! BEING! A DOORMAT!!! Seriously, what does she see in this guy, what did she ever see? He gives off nothing but blank face protag vibes.

Calm down. She's just panicking.

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 5:10PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

shadesofgreymoon posted:

wasn't there some sort of "incident" between Kaoru's family and Reiichi and Uta's family that was never explained, just kind of alluded to?

There was. I think it was explained, or at least we got more details when mom showed up, but I don't remember it well.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Calm down. She's just panicking.

To reply you must either login or sign up.