Forum › Yumeguri Yurimeguri discussion

Img_20191002_184339
joined Sep 14, 2019

Super positive? More like, super gay haha

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

and super awkward

joined May 1, 2015

Hiyori wa like: Calm down Miss, I am not gay...yet.
Lets soak up at an onsen to change all that.

Blyat
joined Sep 12, 2012

Thought that was Namori at first, complete with the naming scheme.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Hotspring club is next huh? Is mountain climbing not cool anymore?

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

Thought that was Namori at first, complete with the naming scheme.

lol same here! was getting some serious yuru yuri vibes from the art style haha

and as for this series, seems ok. im just peeved by their entire interaction XD like, i was that quiet kid that used to just sit alone and draw and be content doing so, but when people were really loud and pushy asking questions ESPECIALLY "hey, what are you drawing?" I would just sit there and scream internally thinking of ways to get out of the situation XD it was bothersome but looking back on it now, I wish I would have been less scared.. could have made some good friends maybe lol..

but anyway, lets see where this goes! im interested to see how the shy girl evolves and how the loud girl pushes her buttons

Cx1o7fdveaadzpu.jpg%20large
joined Apr 24, 2017

I love the description

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So how do you read the title - yuri hot-spring tour?

I wonder if Hiyori is also in highschool- she kinda looked like an adult?

One minor complaint in the tn - I would have proffered the Hiyori kanji in the back of the art book left in, with an English subscript - because how it was made it look a bit silly and didnt give a good impression of how it was meant to be assertive.

English letters / words dont lend themselves to being drawn big and bold - a single Kanji can be drawn as a work of art- but not really the Latin alphabet. Nobody would write their name that big in English.

I'm interested to see more tho!

last edited at Sep 21, 2019 9:09AM

joined Jan 6, 2017

English letters / words dont lend themselves to being drawn big and bold - a single Kanji can be drawn as a work of art- but not the Latin alphabet. Nobody would write their name that big in English.

Just use a big italic pen and it'll look great. English calligraphy can look just as beautiful as shodo.
Then there's also this style.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Drawing a big english letter with an italic pen hardly compares to drawing a kanji with a brush by a skilled practitioner- and it wasnt made to match that in the manga anyway which is what i was referring to- its just a big bold regular font that looks kinda naff.. If you wanted to emulate the effect you'd need a very fancy artistic, hand painted looking font at the least. I'd also like to have seen the kanji anyways to see the reading.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

This girl is pushier than Lion from Hina Logi, I thought that was impossible. I wonder if she'll also get to first base in less than a year.

joined Jan 6, 2017

^Drawing a big english letter with an italic pen hardly compares to drawing a kanji with a brush by a skilled practitioner- and it wasnt made to match that in the manga anyway which is what i was referring to- its just a big bold regular font that looks kinda naff.. If you wanted to emulate the effect you'd need a very fancy artistic, hand painted looking font at the least. I'd also like to have seen the kanji anyways to see the reading.

And doing just a big bold kanji character with no variation usually looks as weird as a Latin letter. And there are some extremely wonderful ways to do Latin characters with italic pens that easily rival shodo (i.e. Turkish calligraphy).
I'm not saying that what the manga had looked good, rather I wanted to point out that English calligraphy can look very good.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Woah, I'm excited! New author on Dynasty Scans, new work! Hazuki-sensei, I'll be waiting for new chapters.
Hazuki seems to have an art style inspired by Namori, and that makes me happy.
Loved the protagonist, ultra gay and oblivious.

joined Feb 15, 2019

I am officially hooked after the first chapter.
Yuri and hot springs?? Yes, please!! Love the characters, too!

joined Jan 10, 2017

I'm sorry even if they actually exist in Japan, open air foot baths outside the train station break my suspension of disbelief.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Well, she said it like it IS unusual - and it is an onsen tourist type town apparently . And I think they do exist- at least I recall seeing public footbaths in a couple of other manga/anime before. Not out front of a train station tho.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Super positive? More like, super gay haha

LOL.

this looks like it will be pretty cute. im excited for more.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Oh, boy, another airhead. This will be fun.

Also, suggesting "getting close by hanging out naked" usually gets you in more trouble than that.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

MoAR PwEASe

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

Oh, boy, another airhead. This will be fun.

Also, suggesting "getting close by hanging out naked" usually gets you in more trouble than that.

Get nude to become closer well I could say that it work but that another kind of plot.

joined May 25, 2017

English letters / words dont lend themselves to being drawn big and bold - a single Kanji can be drawn as a work of art- but not the Latin alphabet. Nobody would write their name that big in English.

Just use a big italic pen and it'll look great. English calligraphy can look just as beautiful as shodo.
Then there's also this style.

i have no thoughts on the font size or style but i was just summoned by viet calligraphy

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

"Hey, what are you drawing?"

"A comic where a loud, pushy, nosy jerk who barges in to ask what I'm drawing gets run over by a truck."

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Uh, girl. That's not the power of onsen.

You're just hella gay.

joined Oct 3, 2016

Damn. No brakes at all! Pfft!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Hiyori was like: Calm down Miss, I am not gay... yet.
Lets soak up at an onsen to change all that.

"But soaking up at an onsen won't make me gay! It'll just make me wet!
... Oh."

To reply you must either login or sign up.