Forum › BADLAND discussion

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

This was interesting but the ending was just too abrupt and kinda ruined what could've been good

Just a bit meh on the twist because I mean they both die anyway sooo

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It's interesting that I actually suspected GT-2 being a human at first, but she did such a good job with the intentionally bad seduction that I was surprised by the twist in both cases anyway.

Also, that Sunami Yuuko advertising. :D

joined Oct 27, 2018

Well, that was dumb.

C1147d3190ae4c0815cc862bce35952975d3857e072e7b6bef6e34b56d95dd83
joined Nov 12, 2017

everyone’s hating on this, but i rly enjoyed this short & it’s tragic ending
yeah, it was rly abrupt, but i feel like that lends itself well to the dehumanization & chaos of war

Screenshot_2020-01-20%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20there's%20weird%20voices%20coming%20from%20the%20room%20next%20door%20ch01
joined Sep 23, 2013

what a rollercoaster! loved it!

joined Feb 23, 2016

Damn( ˊ̱˂˃ˋ̱ )

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

What's the SFX on the last panel?

Img_os7f7k
joined Oct 6, 2018

Double twist

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

What's the SFX on the last panel?

"TAAAAN", it's aforementioned bomb exploding. Or the final shot echoing. But I think it's the bomb. Either way, they dead.

last edited at Sep 11, 2019 10:39AM

joined Aug 1, 2019

Honestly, this needs to be longer. It has the makings of a rather interesting sci-fi thriller.

There are so many things we don't know that you could use for this story. Like what's that android act? Why are there bots attacking them? Who do they work for? What about the real Alicia?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yea, it could work as a longer story in that setting, but imo for what this one-shot set to do it was good. There's obviously a lot information that will be hand-waved for the sake of keeping it focus, which longer series could go more into depth. I can see the final conclusion being different in longer series, but as a ending for a one-shot I think it works just fine. It being kinda shitty was the whole point. Also didn't see that double twist coming, which was great, because it was a good one. That's how you should do them.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

There are so many things we don't know that you could use for this story. Like what's that android act? Why are there bots attacking them? Who do they work for? What about the real Alicia?

I feel like most of this stuff is either explained clearly enough or doesn't really need dwelling on since it's not the main focus. It's kinda how like if we're shown someone eating a delicious bento, we don't need a five page flashback of the Mom getting up at 5am to make the thing.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

The pacing just felt really off, especially with the whole “I had to fake my ID to register as an Android” thing.

Yes, that and the "I'm a princess on the run, lets get frisky Ms Robot!" thing too... stuck out like a sore thumb although it kind of made sense eventually.

What would work better for me would be One is a straight-up robot (The Princess) and the other an android with metal parts covered by human flesh, that'd still be cool, and make for a more 'realistic' story than a human pretending to be a robot and somehow getting away with it... seriously, no one noticed her eating food, drinking water, going pee or whatnot? That's just silly.

Still a terrific story, lots of potential there.

last edited at Sep 11, 2019 1:17PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I think it would probably have been better if it had ended on the two of them deciding to get as far as they can together, rather than ending it with them dying

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That was a dumb way to die.

"Reinforcements are coming! Let's stay and chat in plain view so they can have a clear shot at us..."

joined Jan 8, 2016

Oof. Honestly, great twist, and I guess for a short story, I can't be too mad that they went for an "impactful" ending, but blah, they deserved to get away.

joined Aug 1, 2019

Yea, it could work as a longer story in that setting, but imo for what this one-shot set to do it was good. There's obviously a lot information that will be hand-waved for the sake of keeping it focus, which longer series could go more into depth. I can see the final conclusion being different in longer series, but as a ending for a one-shot I think it works just fine. It being kinda shitty was the whole point. Also didn't see that double twist coming, which was great, because it was a good one. That's how you should do them.

I suppose... I guess I'm just disappointed. A military sci-fi yuri where the main protagonist has to actually use her brain to solve problems is something I've wanted to see since forever.

Download
joined May 10, 2016

Great but sad story

joined Jan 10, 2017

So a young girl soldier is somehow already a hardened soldier with no other prospects before a previous technological revolution happened, and now presumably some time later still a young girl... who hasn't aged and never planned to age... and somehow gets around all that programming and maintenance and robot speed and strength stuff...

I'm sorry, you can't throw all that at me and then immediately drop some tragedy and expect me to feel much about it. I was still trying to reconcile the human pretending to be android thing.

joined Dec 4, 2017

wtf honestly im pretty shocked

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

I think it would probably have been better if it had ended on the two of them deciding to get as far as they can together, rather than ending it with them dying

^THIS-
I mean, we know that sooner or later they would be catched and killed, so no need to "Kaboom" them in that way...

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

wow, very good. And saya's artstyle a always was top notch. This one will go straight to my favourites

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I suck. I always say I don't get the whole robots/ai learning to love thing and why stories insist on it being a thing but read every single damn story that includes it(not that this got too far with it) Could blame what seems to be a low amount of scifi yuri. maybe?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

You guys forgot the most important part

BADLANDS, YOU GOTTA LIVE IT EVERYDAY!!
LET THE BROKEN HEARTS STAND
AS THE PRICE YOU'VE GOTTA PAY
WE'LL KEEP PUSHIN' TILL IT'S UNDERSTOOD
AND THE BADLANDS START TREATING US GOOOD!! WOUGH WOUGH WOUGH!!!

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

So she was able to pass herself off as an android and no one noticed?
Damn, she's badass!

Also that ending T_T

To reply you must either login or sign up.