Forum › Lily Marble discussion

joined May 7, 2017

so they are dating again? Not very clear

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Also I wonder if Aya is gay or bi. I'd say gay cause she has to try and be with a guy, but not sure. We need to know her story with her ex husband too and how she broke up with Risa.

I'm not sure but I think it was mentioned in an earlier chapter that she's bi?

Nah, the only character who has explicitly said something is Risa. Then Moe and Hikari obviously bi cause they had bfs but didn't seem to struggle about it like Aya with her husband.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

No, this chapter was a flashback. You can tell because

1) Aya has short hair in this chapter while she has long hair in the present time.
2) Aya and Risa are still in college here while they have long graduated in the present.
3) Aya has a very innocent dream of getting married in this chapter while in the present time she's divorced and shaded.

So basically this whole chapter happens before they broke up.

last edited at Sep 1, 2019 2:26PM

joined Jun 7, 2019

legalize the damn same-sex marriage in Japan
It's so sad
they can't be so fucking attached to their traditions forever

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Also an interesting aspect of Aya and Risa's dynamic is that, considering Aya's personality, I think she wouldn't date a woman on her own initiate.

Aya could be a poster girl for Tsunderes Anonymous.

Except that would make her not so anonymous anymore, so it prolly won't happen.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Oh no, they seemed to be good together :(

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's so sad

They’ve made a pretty damned good try of it, though . . .

joined Jul 26, 2016

Yeah but Moe was talking about dating specifically. Even if they had noticed the tension between them, they probably wouldn't be talking about dating. Moe would say something like "hey, you think Risa fancies Aya" or something. Just like right before that, Moe said that about Miyu liking the kick boxing instructor "this way".
But I mean, this is what makes the most sense imo. They could still be over right after college, then Risa and Aya being just fwb during gym, then Aya getting married etc.

Recall that these are rumours, and being passed 'round by two bored twentysomethings at that. If you look at the whole business - the particular personalities involved, them being old acquaintances presumably being common enough knowledge, their charged interactions, the juiciness of the whole scenario - if anything it's slightly amazing the story making rounds hasn't already grown into something more colourful and outré than just them possibly dating...

It's so sad

Japan: hold my sake

No but seriously, that's one's enough of an uphill struggle already in "the West" where the real and figurative Middle Ages ended a bit earlier than mere ~150 years ago and there isn't a deeply ingrained cultural fetish for conformism and Confucian paternalism. And last I heard Japan is still ways ahead of mainland Asia in such matters, which probably has something to do with having been (with a certain degree of coercion) obliged to jettison a decent chunk of burdensome structural institutions and reinvent itself as something at least passing for an open-society Rechtsstaat after 1945... (S Korea and Taiwan only stopped being outright military dictatorships - a type of regime never noted for social, or any other, progressivism anywhere ever - in mid-late Eighties which AFAIK kinda shows and most of the rest of the Far East is even worse off.)

joined May 7, 2017

No, this chapter was a flashback. You can tell because

1) Aya has short hair in this chapter while she has long hair in the present time.
2) Aya and Risa are still in college here while they have long graduated in the present.
3) Aya has a very innocent dream of getting married in this chapter while in the present time she's divorced and shaded.

So basically this whole chapter happens before they broke up.

Yup, correct, really could not tell because it's been ages since their last appearance so I let slide the fact she has long hair now. Thanks for the heads up

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

Re: ch24... author needs to be more optimistic. Saying gay marriage can never happen in Japan, or not letting the characters even considering marrying somewhere else, is kind of silly honestly at this point.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

This was so beautiful, I'm melting and also sad.
JAPAN WHY???

joined Jul 26, 2016

Re: ch24... author needs to be more optimistic. Saying gay marriage can never happen in Japan, or not letting the characters even considering marrying somewhere else, is kind of silly honestly at this point.

In-universe perception is a thing you know.

Guardian of the Lilies
Img_0004
joined Mar 15, 2016

For some reason, It feels like chapter 24 is the last chapter of the series.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Wholesome gym girls

Hope this gets an anime eventually

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Wholesome gym girls

Hope this gets an anime eventually

My depression would be temporarily cured if that happened wow xD
But it's pretty explicit which Japs don't usually like (unless they specifically want echii which Lilt Marble isn't), and it jumps from one story to another. Also not popular enough.

I was actually thinking the other day that Hana ni Arashi is a good candidate for anime adaptation. It has everything they like in a Yuri manga. A more safe story, with school girls and quite popular.

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Awww

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I'm still convinced that this manga is: Virgins' Empire - The Adult Years

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

wholesome chapter

Good
joined Jun 14, 2016

Tears are streaming down my face as i think of this amazing couple

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Will prefer this was animated instead of Danberu kilos, even is just fews minutes anime.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

God I kinda despise Moe and Hikaru, but it's not really them. More accurately it's what they reflect of compulsory heterosexuality and how bi women are made complicit in enforcing it. It's really frustrating. As a bi disaster myself, it sucks seeing your own kin do that to themselves (again assuming they actually are wlw). One of the reasons I couldn't stand virgins empire too was all the "it's just playing around". Their awakening/aha moment needs to have a big acknowledgement of how screwed up their whole pretending and "eww two women at a hotel" stuff was.

last edited at Sep 5, 2019 9:43PM

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Chapter 24 has me so emo omg makes me glad I live in a place where I can actually get married to a woman if I want

joined Jun 21, 2018

Good, I know finally Iwashita doesn't mind Tsubasa's gender.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was sweet. :D

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

aahhh Tsubasa and Iwashita, my favorite pairing of all the yuri manga I'm currently reading. it's been so long! See you again next year I guess

last edited at Sep 23, 2019 7:39PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.