Forum › Shabon discussion

Screen%20shot%202019-06-20%20at%206.20.42%20am
joined May 6, 2017

Cute and simple. Just how I like it.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

The black border all through the story makes me a little uncomfortable, and the dialogue on eg. page 139 doesn't help.

Anyway thanks so much for picking these up again for translation!

last edited at Aug 21, 2019 2:06AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

16! I totally thought they were adults living together. Thats what happens when you don't read the tags I guess!

Very cute though

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

How are those two related to the rest of shoujo squared?

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Probably my favorite thing this artist's done.

Img_1096
joined Sep 29, 2018

The black border all through the story makes me a little uncomfortable, and the dialogue on eg. page 139 doesn't help.

Right? I was dreading some tragic plot twist, like one of them was dead or something. Thankfully we just got some cute fluff. ^^

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Oh my, that was adorable.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

This surely was a nice read.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Probably my favorite thing this artist's done.

Right? I was thinking the exact same thing

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

It is stuff like this that make me feel like my youth was completely wasted.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

It is stuff like this that make me feel like my youth was completely wasted.

... Don't tell me 'bout it. u_u

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

Cute and simple. Just how I like it.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Right? I was dreading some tragic plot twist, like one of them was dead or something. Thankfully we just got some cute fluff. ^^

I think there has to be some meaning behind it. My first thought was "they were childhood friends but the blonde died years ago", but on page 131 we're told the blonde didn't know her as a kid. Now I think it might be the bubble-blower's dream or wishful thinking about a long-gone crush to whom she was never more than just another girl in the same class/grade/school.

last edited at Aug 21, 2019 5:26AM

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I think there has to be some meaning behind it. My first thought was "they were childhood friends but the blonde died years ago", but on page 131 we're told the blonde didn't know her as a kid. Now I think it might be the bubble-blower's dream or wishful thinking about a long-gone crush to whom she was never more than just another girl in the same class/grade/school.

Honestly though, i don't think that goes in line with the two extra pages after the end. In the story she talks about how she saw a puddle the previous day and it reminded her of bubbles etc., and in the 2 extra pages -which seem to set a present scene since it doesn't have any black borders- you can see her looking at a puddle, with blondie behind her looking at her. The weird thing is that they're walking seperately, so the story is set either the next day which would mean they're a couple (but they keep their distance at school or idk), or it's current wishful thinking by either of the two, but who knows they might still become a couple in the future. Or it might be the artist's wishful thinking out of a single set scene (the two extra pages) or maybe something else who knows.
Or the black borders were just some aesthetic choice idk we shall never know.... Unless... SEQUEL/PREQUEL

last edited at Aug 21, 2019 7:59AM

Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

I know you're all having fun reading into the black backgrounds but just my two cents, they were simply an odd aesthetic choice. they're on every page except the last one, pretty sure she was just trying to emphasize how it was dark outside/set the pensive mood.

that being said, this volume was re-released in 2018, as well as her first anthology collection Kimi-Iro Shoujo. If you're interested, you can purchase it here: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4758078696

Why should you buy it? Well, it includes a totally new oneshot as well as bonus content for this story :) i could be tempted into buying and scanning it despite already owning the original release, if i knew it would help support the author...

last edited at Aug 21, 2019 8:31AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I'm glad that I was finally able to see the end of this pretty great compilation of stories

As for the story itself I really loved it, what a heartwarming way to bring it all to a close

last edited at Aug 21, 2019 8:56AM

joined Feb 18, 2015

I know you're all having fun reading into the black backgrounds but just my two cents, they were simply an odd aesthetic choice. they're on every page except the last one, pretty sure she was just trying to emphasize how it was dark outside/set the pensive mood.

that being said, this volume was re-released in 2018, as well as her first anthology collection Kimi-Iro Shoujo. If you're interested, you can purchase it here: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4758078696

Why should you buy it? Well, it includes a totally new oneshot as well as bonus content for this story :) i could be tempted into buying and scanning it despite already owning the original release, if i knew it would help support the author...

I'd love to know what the bonus content for Shabon is, not to mention the new oneshot! If only I could read Japanese...

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Cute, a little confusing at times, definitely deep & sweet. Just how I like my yuri manga

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This was really good. What and interesting head space the bubbles girl has.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

If you've read the other stories in this collection, you should know... this author likes fluff, not tragedy.

joined Dec 30, 2018

Yay a gay rainbow at the end
Gotta love it

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Honestly though, i don't think that goes in line with the two extra pages after the end. In the story she talks about how she saw a puddle the previous day and it reminded her of bubbles etc., and in the 2 extra pages -which seem to set a present scene since it doesn't have any black borders- you can see her looking at a puddle, with blondie behind her looking at her. The weird thing is that they're walking seperately, so the story is set either the next day which would mean they're a couple (but they keep their distance at school or idk), or it's current wishful thinking by either of the two, but who knows they might still become a couple in the future. Or it might be the artist's wishful thinking out of a single set scene (the two extra pages) or maybe something else who knows.
Or the black borders were just some aesthetic choice idk we shall never know.... Unless... SEQUEL/PREQUEL

Of course the black borders disappear on page 114, eh? When the rainbow appears! :-)

Cute, sweet, happy lesbians being happy... needs a new tag: happy lesbians eh? There might be 2-3 stories on Dynasty that also qualify.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Aww.

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

this was already gay as hell but that rainbow at the end was just the cherry on the gay cake i loved this

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Aww.

CREE-

To reply you must either login or sign up.