Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

joined Apr 20, 2013

Now, did I say that I don't support them as a couple anymore? C'mon! This idea of "the bad guy cheating" in order to "make it happen" between Uta and Kaoru? ARG! I can't stand it anymore. I really would love to see Uta meeting someone nice THAT's NOT Kaoru.

Literraly asking the wrong person for help. Now that's an outstanding move, that smile isn't from someone who want to help, it's the smile of someone knowing she can her move without any problem since Kaoru is in a big slump and Uta just leave. Now i will just wait that everything explode into Uta's face. Living with her parents because she don't want to live with Kaoru isn't really mature in itself, she just ditch her Kaoru problem away and go face bigger problems. She just choose another poison here. Kuroe was right, if she really want to grow up, she should have go living by herself.

She's still in school and doesn't have the means (money) to go live on her own and also still a minor.
She said she plans living on her own when she graduates from high school.

It's not immature. All through the story we've seen her suffering being around Kaoru and knowing they can't be together. Is she supposed to be more persistent about it when Kaoru has made it clear she is not interested? Plus she is her brother's wife and they're married. Like imagine your sibling trying to steal your significant other. Sounds nasty.

OMG I want to marry your comment <3 all of them, actually!

joined Sep 6, 2018

Need Truck-kun to runover a character or the manga itself... it’s a wreck.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

It remains a fiction, there are a lot of unrealistic things and things have to happen in the next chapters so there are some twists and turns and other surprises, you just have to be a little patient ^^

How do you know this? Are you in charge of the TANK RAWS? If this is true, I'll keep from crumbling into pieces till then.

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 12:06AM

joined Dec 18, 2013

Hey folks it’s ok, Matsuri The Oracle predicts Kaoru will go crazy because of all this pressure and kill Reiichi and Ritsuko after inviting her over for dinner, then kidnap Uta out of the country in order to marry her.

Oh wait. That’s another manga.

Which one is that? Sounds interesting.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Lilliwyt, I don’t understand why you think we should care about Kaoru beyond her role as Uta’s potential love interest.

She’s depressed? So what? She’s done absolutely nothing to help herself or to deal with the obvious problems in her family situation, even though she’s had every chance to do so.

Her main strategy seems to be to just wish for the impossible—that everything was back the way it was, before she found out that her husband was (probably) cheating on her and her little sister-substitute had romantic feelings for her. That’s the emotional maturity of a toddler, not an adult.

Sure, if there’s going to be a Kaoru-Uta endgame, they have to get back together somehow, but Uta deserves far better than this pitiful excuse for a person.

Beyond his obvious weaknesses kaoru still has the immense quality of wanting to please his family and uta above all. She supports her with all her heart, she may be naive, has a heart too pure, and in the end since she only wants happiness to reject the idea that everything is wrong.She really llike uta more than a simple sister, we almost never see such a relationship between two sisters-in-law...but she is not stupid contrary to what some people believe.
At the same time she really has no luck, so that her younger sister-in-law falls in love and her husband doesn't take care of her while cheating with a close friend while breaking her leg and she lost her mother... she tries to start over again by starting with uta during their little holidays before taking care of reii and no luck yet!! she learns that uta is in love with her....it must be said that for the moment the person who suffers the most damage is kaoru and by far.
Uta is still young, her heart is broken and she has possible problems with her parents, but she is not alone, she has her brother too lol.

The author makes kaoru a central character in the story, the drama focuses on her at all levels, that uta is gone will not change the deal, there will be the bow with risoko and reii and it will be as important as that of uta and his parents...
The final whatever it is will have to happen between uta and kaoru.

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 12:20AM

joined Apr 20, 2013

No, if she haven't troubles with her feelings for Kaoru then she wouldn't leave. She leave because she get rejected and can't bare the pain to stay with Kaoru because it's unrequited. She still haven't move on, the fact she ask her friends to watch over Kaoru for her is a sign. I'm ready to face any consequences if Uta don't come back as soon as she heard Kaoru is in trouble and don't have anybody to rely on.

You can't move on just like that (if you do, then you weren't "that" in love) Think it over: you're seeing the person you learned to love every damn day, you know everything this person likes, every secrets, etcetcetc and you just think it's okay to stay in the same place in order to get it over? If it's hard for ''adults'', imagine how it might be for a young girl that discovered herself a lesbian in love with her sister-in-law?

I have to admit, this story is well written, but it's not pleasant to read.

I feel the same. And that lame excuse (the cheating) to make these two together is... yeah, LAME.

Honestly, if Kaoru and Uta get together I personally would feel the story turned to a cheap ending so I actually want an ending where Uta accepts her feelings and moves on. I really haven't seen a manga with this much development that focuses on a character really growing after healing from a broken heart.

That's what I want to see the most! The story the way it is deserves a proper ending. Who knows an epilogue can show us Kaoru and Uta finally getting over their sh*ts and starting a relationship properly? It would be nice. I'd love that, actually, but not the way it's NOW!

Yeah not sure if I'd even want them to be together at this point, even if there is a "redemption".
Kaoru is a needy person, so it would just make me think she's even willing to be with Uta to not be alone.
Also the fact that the brother is cheating sounds a bit convenient. Would she ever dump him for Uta if he was loving and considerate to her? I very highly doubt it.
It just seems like she was trying to get from Uta what Reiichi didn't give her.

that's my point! thank god someone wrote it for me because my english sckz*

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 12:31AM

joined Jul 26, 2019

It remains a fiction, there are a lot of unrealistic things and things have to happen in the next chapters so there are some twists and turns and other surprises, you just have to be a little patient ^^

How do you know this? Are you in charge of the TANK RAWS? If this is true, I'll keep from crumbling into pieces till then.

It's simple if you want the story to go on, something has to happen, knowing that we are at the end of the bow where kaoru and uta live and live together... so something has to happen and we know who the protagonists are on each side: uta and his parents, kaoru with reii and risoko and for fun kuro and company.

Everyone is Gay
joined Aug 8, 2019

To be honest. I don't see any problem with the direction that this manga is heading into. The cheating angle might look cheap and force but the author intended the story to be this way since from the start, so I have no complains about it.

wat if author comes out with bs like kaoru is still virgin

joined Jan 8, 2014

XD -credits page, lol

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

^ I really don't understand the animosity towards this manga

My animosity comes from one of the best Love Live doujin artists and story tellers is wasting their time on something not developed as well. But I guess if this is what they want to do, I'll keep reading.

So... Some actual good plot is coming up you say raw readers?

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 2:10AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Reiichi to me seems like a believable asshole
He's got the right amount of dickishness and the right amount of being uncaring

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

oh my god the angst the drama the longing the YEARNING
and yes that credit page was so good

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

Reiichi to me seems like a believable asshole
He's got the right amount of dickishness and the right amount of being uncaring

just looking at his face annoys me at this point

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Uta may have been a hetero before she fell in love with kaoru... I know a person who was married and had 2 children, building a house and on a trip, falling in love with another woman around her and dropping everything, veridical!
The truth of a day is not necessarily the truth of tomorrow ^^

Sexual orientation doesn't change. Maybe being in denial and finally snapping.

Sexual orientation doesn't change, but it's not necessarily denial. Sometimes you just don't meet the right person to allow you to realize.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I actually want an ending where Uta accepts her feelings and moves on.

BUT WHAT OF KAORU DAMN IT ? I know people want Uta to move on but we clearly see the only thing she move is her from her brother house to her parents. She still isn't over her feelings, that's why she leave and what of Kaoru ? We let her alone and depressed ? I know Kaoru haven't done much things but that's not a reason to just focus on Uta because poor baby girl is brokenheart and can't face it.

Eh, Kaoru seems like she can hold her own, as long as she keeps on wishing for everything to go back to the way it used to be, plus it would be nice to see her grow as a character to and by that I mean facing problems head on like Uta does, heck she even tried doing that with Uta and it worked, Uta told her she loved her so I guess Kaoru's developing a bit(?)

You're right, Uta has a broken heart. That's why she's moving out, so she can get over Kaoru. She can face it, she's been facing it ever since Kaoru and Reiichi got married. If you're really concerned about Kaoru I guess once Uta gets over her she could go back to them. If anything her love brings her more pain than pleasure.

Also if Uta does get together with Kaoru, due to Reiichi cheating on her (if the story takes that kind of turn), I would feel very very very bad for Uta, Kaoru would just be plain using her to fill in the gap of her love for Reiichi since she's stated before that they give off the same vibe. Plus, Kaoru turned her down already. Her dening Kaoru in this chapter shows she's trying very hard to move on, and I think that's what she should do.

Maybe I'm just being dramatic but I guess if you had an unrequited love, you would understand that moving is the best option for Uta. This story hasn't been a fairytale up till now and I don't want the ending to be one either.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

On the one hand, I want this story to end with Uta moving on. I normally don't like bittersweet endings, but this one is really growing on me. On the other hand, Reiichi is kind of a dick and Kaoru would be better off with Uta. Decisions, decisions

928a3ea0c80b418b419dea057169d49f476d4ea2_hq
joined Jul 1, 2017

This is one of the few manga that I can seriously feel what the MC is feeling. Unrequited love sucks a lot. I wanna see an ending where Uta actually moves on, maybe that'll give me the strength to finally see that it's possible for me as well.

Itwouldbe-yuriscans
joined Oct 30, 2018

fvck me the yearning and the angst is killing me but I really love it fvck

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I give up before the anger kill me. I feel like the only one who want Kaoru/Uta ending. Again everybody seem to don't give a fuck about what will happen to Kaoru in the end. No matter what you said, you just care about baby girl MC and Kaoru is left alone, by both her family and the readers. "She've done nothing" about what ? Reiichi's cheating ? Urgh well TMnr conveniantly dodge the issueto make Uta leave without remorse. As for Uta's feelings, she handle it the best she can in the situation she was in. Yes Kaoru is delusional and i want her to step up. I really wish that not only she confront Reiichi about her cheating but she was the one to go search Uta from her parents.

It might be the last time i answer because i grow tired of answering the same thing everytime.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Lilliwyt, it’s clear that part of your frustration comes from confusing two approaches to the text:

The character imagined as a real person.
The character as a creation of the author.

But the character doesn’t exist except as constructed by the author. So you can’t “blame” one aspect of the character (the failure to confront Reiichi) on the author, and implicitly regard the rest as “the real character.”

I too wanted an Uta/Kaoru ending for probably the first third of the series or more. But not only have the circumstances of the story moved away from making that a plausible outcome, as it once was back when Kaoru seemed to be more emotionally connected to Uta than to Reiichi, but Kaoru herself has also become much more passive, lethargic, and emotionally distant from everyone, including herself. That person who looked like she might kiss Uta while putting on the necklace on the Ferris wheel is long gone from the story.

That may make her a more pitiable figure (there are reasons for the way she is acting), but it also makes her a less likely and suitable partner for Uta, and the story would really need to twist itself radically in order to get the two of them together.

Which it may still do. But for it to happen at this point, or in the near future, would be to reverse the entire logic of the story as it has played out so far. I would have preferred a Uta/Kaoru ending, and I don’t think the story has been very interesting in the direction it has taken (that is, the direction itself is interesting enough—an actual exploration of an unrequited love—but the execution hasn’t been, with too much wandering plot and irrelevant side characters).

I don’t think people are hoping that Uta leaves for good because they don’t care about Kaoru’s suffering as an imaginary person, but because suddenly reversing gears toward a Uta/Kaoru endgame would necessarily entail bad writing and illogical plotting, much worse than the not-very-good writing we’ve had so far.

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 7:36AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I prefer bad writing to whatever other endgame.

I don’t think people are hoping that Uta leaves for good because they don’t care about Kaoru’s suffering as an imaginary person

It feel like it to me. It feel to me that some don't care anymore about what happen to Kaoru as long as Uta is happy. But you can't convince me Uta is over Kaoru.

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 8:00AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, if it’s a pure shipping thing, best of luck to you.

I’d say it’s at least 60/40 against at this point, but that could change radically, so you may yet be in luck.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Well, if it’s a pure shipping thing, best of luck to you.

I’d say it’s at least 60/40 against at this point, but that could change radically, so you may yet be in luck.

That will be a first to me to have luck.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

I still want Kaoru/Uta not because I ship them (tbh I think Uta would be better off with her ambiguously bi friend or moving on to university), but because I can see all the signs from the beginning that Kaoru in fact is attracted to Uta at a more subconscious level, and I don’t think her being passive is such a horrible thing.

I mean, it’s usual for people to ignore difficult problems by sticking their head in the sand, or when confronted with painful truths that might completely change their lives as they know it.

Just imagine how Kaoru would be seen by her friends, Uta’s parents, Reiichi etc if she chose to go for Uta. Uta is a teenager, maybe having sex with her isn’t even legal for example! And she would be pointed as not only a lesbian, but also someone who is hooking up with her sister in law, and a teenager! Also she has been living housewife life, but Uta is still not an adult so Uta would probably depend on her etc.

It’s just a very bad situation. Now add up the potential of losing her long-time friend Ritsuko and her best childhood friend and husband which might be cheating with each other.

Who wouldn’t become passive and try to hide in the face of all these issues, when they don’t even have a family to rely on anymore?

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 8:28AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.