Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

It will kinda pair with the cheating tho. If Kaoru still prefer Reiichi over Uta after the possible cheating then i'm at lost of words and hopes for her

Well in reality she's just straight, so it's either Reiichi or not Uta. But for the shake of the story lets make her into girls suddenly.
Lol I don't wanna sound negative, but there was absolutely no sign or indication she could be into Uta/girls all through the story.

I have to admit, this story is well written, but it's not pleasant to read.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Lol I don't wanna sound negative, but there was absolutely no sign or indication she could be into Uta/girls all through the story.

My brother's wife ending ? (minus the dead brother)

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Haven't read that

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Haven't read that

Here we go. Beware that readers will maybe said they're gay for each other.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

From the various hints dropped through the story - including how both of the siblings react to the topic, and the passing reference to how Uta was when she first moved in with Reiichi and Kaoru - it's fairly apparent that their parents are pretty terrible at, well, being parents. When you're effectively having to adopt your kid sibling just to give them a healthier home than your parents did... yeah.

okay fair enough but the key word here is "hints"
all we know right now is

• 5 years ago kaoru s mom and uta s mom were involved in a accident that result in the dead of kaoru s mom and utas mom losing her license and going abroad to be able to practice medicine

• she did it without telling her husband or kids

• we know that uta s worst moments were 5 years ago

• we know about uta s mom bad personality

to me the logical conclusion is that from the beginning uta had a bad relationship with her mom, and when she left without a word after the accident with kaorus mom she felt abandoned, angry, lonely and she also felt that was her mom s falut that kaoru s mom died that´s a lot for a kid to handle

last edited at Aug 7, 2019 8:58PM

78519a80bda4a346c682b1a92a6a70883ccaf876ac706c027e9425ec84be03c5
joined Nov 28, 2017

OMG the feeeeeeels <3 <3 <3

joined Jul 26, 2019

I think about it but it is and even possible that reii lie to risako, the latter seems surprised to learn that her sister leaves, maybe even reii who lied to kaoru for the duration of her business trip did not tell risako...Maybe he also wants to evolve in his work to stay close to risako... or maybe risako who seems nice is actually a big manipulative bitch and we'll discover his real face, she influences reii who seems to be submissive as she does at school.
I still feel a big twist instead of a simple misunderstanding of each other that would be the easiest and would break the dramatic effect.

joined Jul 26, 2019

well, Reiichi is a good boy but he doesn't give him the love that Kaoru deserves as a lover, if he is cheating on her maybe he doesn't want to tell her because he knows he would hurt her too much, I think Reiichi is aware of Kaoru's self-esteem and doesn't want to hurt her , which makes me think he's a good boy

WHAT

It also makes me think that risako has always been the first choice of reii but that she knows it and enjoys it as she sees fit.
We know that he broke up with kaoru several times at school,in my opinion it was to get back with risako every time and she threw him out whenever she wanted.

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

I need to stop reading threads for dramatic stories. So much overanalyzing

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I enjoyed this chapter. I especially enjoyed the dinner scene at the restaurant. I laughed when Miyabi's mom instantly regretted telling them that she would cook them whatever they wanted.

I don't have any particular thoughts about Uta and Kaoru's latest interaction though because I feel like the aangsty tension between is becoming redundant. My opinion may be unpopular, but I can't wait to see Uta's interactions with her mom, and why Uta doesn't like her. I also want to see Kaouru's development after Uta's departure as well as Kaoru and Reiichi's ex-girlfriend interact.
And when Uta and Kaoru finally meet up again, I want them to be at a point in their character development where they can actually have a relationship without the insecurity.

last edited at Aug 7, 2019 9:22PM

joined Jul 26, 2019

It will kinda pair with the cheating tho. If Kaoru still prefer Reiichi over Uta after the possible cheating then i'm at lost of words and hopes for her

Well in reality she's just straight, so it's either Reiichi or not Uta. But for the shake of the story lets make her into girls suddenly.

I have to admit, this story is well written, but it's not pleasant to read.

Uta may have been a hetero before she fell in love with kaoru... I know a person who was married and had 2 children, building a house and on a trip, falling in love with another woman around her and dropping everything, veridical!
The truth of a day is not necessarily the truth of tomorrow ^^

This doesn't mean that kaoru will suddenly fall in love with uta but already we will have an indication of how much uta will miss kaoru because they no longer live together.
For the rest another triggering element will be the cheating or not of reii.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Okay, I want to be all serious and whatever, but the translator's joke at the end got me good.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Uta may have been a hetero before she fell in love with kaoru... I know a person who was married and had 2 children, building a house and on a trip, falling in love with another woman around her and dropping everything, veridical!
The truth of a day is not necessarily the truth of tomorrow ^^

Sexual orientation doesn't change. Maybe being in denial and finally snapping.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Honestly, if Kaoru and Uta get together I personally would feel the story turned to a cheap ending so I actually want an ending where Uta accepts her feelings and moves on. I really haven't seen a manga with this much development that focuses on a character really growing after healing from a broken heart.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I actually want an ending where Uta accepts her feelings and moves on.

BUT WHAT OF KAORU DAMN IT ? I know people want Uta to move on but we clearly see the only thing she move is her from her brother house to her parents. She still isn't over her feelings, that's why she leave and what of Kaoru ? We let her alone and depressed ? I know Kaoru haven't done much things but that's not a reason to just focus on Uta because poor baby girl is brokenheart and can't face it.

Per
joined Jan 18, 2019

I actually want an ending where Uta accepts her feelings and moves on.

BUT WHAT OF KAORU DAMN IT ? I know people want Uta to move on but we clearly see the only thing she move is her from her brother house to her parents. She still isn't over her feelings, that's why she leave and what of Kaoru ? We let her alone and depressed ? I know Kaoru haven't done much things but that's not a reason to just focus on Uta because poor baby girl is brokenheart and can't face it.

uta wants to move out because she wants to move on and not because she can't face kaoru. heck most of what happen between them is because uta finally confronted kaoru and sort of her feelings because she's tired and done with it.

Someone post this to r/relationshipadvice so we can decide if she should leave him or not and is he cheating.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

uta wants to move out because she wants to move on and not because she can't face kaoru. heck most of what happen between them is because uta finally confronted kaoru and sort of her feelings because she's tired and done with it.

No, if she haven't troubles with her feelings for Kaoru then she wouldn't leave. She leave because she get rejected and can't bare the pain to stay with Kaoru because it's unrequited. She still haven't move on, the fact she ask her friends to watch over Kaoru for her is a sign. I'm ready to face any consequences if Uta don't come back as soon as she heard Kaoru is in trouble and don't have anybody to rely on.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Oi. Fix this shit, author.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Lilliwyt, I don’t understand why you think we should care about Kaoru beyond her role as Uta’s potential love interest.

She’s depressed? So what? She’s done absolutely nothing to help herself or to deal with the obvious problems in her family situation, even though she’s had every chance to do so.

Her main strategy seems to be to just wish for the impossible—that everything was back the way it was, before she found out that her husband was (probably) cheating on her and her little sister-substitute had romantic feelings for her. That’s the emotional maturity of a toddler, not an adult.

Sure, if there’s going to be a Kaoru-Uta endgame, they have to get back together somehow, but Uta deserves far better than this pitiful excuse for a person.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Hey folks it’s ok, Matsuri The Oracle predicts Kaoru will go crazy because of all this pressure and kill Reiichi and Ritsuko after inviting her over for dinner, then kidnap Uta out of the country in order to marry her.

Oh wait. That’s another manga.

joined May 24, 2014

Oi. Fix this shit, author.

Or end it already

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

^ I really don't understand the animosity towards this manga

joined Feb 23, 2016

She looked heartbrokennas well bruh.. but that credit ending made me chuckle hahaha

joined May 25, 2017

im a sucker for good endings but this wouldnt be my unrequited love if the love isnt.... unrequited

To reply you must either login or sign up.