Forum › Seagull Villa days discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

cause if it is WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT!

Kodama Naoko's logic.

joined Jun 17, 2014

Ah yes, the good ole kiss when drunk scene and make the mc question life... Very original..

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Kodama is back to doing drama, but honestly the way she's going about it seems a bit more... mature? I feel like she's been doing her best to omit the inclusion of her favorite "long haired, smug, manipulative bitch" character trope, which I can respect. Both of the MCs seem likable enough for me to keep reading, unlike many of her older works

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

My brain keeps wanting to think of the two MC as Chiaki and Harumi from "Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki!"...

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Bless Kodama Naoko, this is gonna be awesome.

YES! YES! YES!

When I read "by Kodama Naoko" I actually went: SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!

All hail the holy peri of yuri!

Um, you do realize this series is Umineko-Sou Days, right?

This one: https://tmofans.com/library/manga/43065/umineko-sou-days

Don't tell me you've never read the Spanish scanlation before?

Hooray for understanding Spanish!!! goes to read

I won't spoil anything, but I'll be sure to keep on reading it!!

last edited at Aug 5, 2019 10:11PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Do I understand correctly that a number of people dislike this on the basis of future chapters that they’ve written in their own heads?

Just trying to get the context here . . .

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Do I understand correctly that a number of people dislike this on the basis of future chapters that they’ve written in their own heads?

It's Internet so everything goes. That said, Squiggles told me that they have translated all Vol.1 and there only few drama in the last pages that could might be NTR so there is that

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

I dunno, just from reading Kodama stories I feel like the setup is pretty apparent... Friend slept with boyfriend and faked pregnancy to break them up because she liked her and didn't want anyone else to have her....but didn't think she would just vanish like a puff of smoke because... reasons? Not sure how this girl thought causing that incident would allow them to remain in contact with each other and not become totally estranged.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Interesting setup, the mcs are likeable and seemingly complex
Promise of a drama filled Naoko story

By the way that yankee girl was absolutely adorable on page 53

(Also, whose the dark haired girl supposed to belong to?)

last edited at Aug 5, 2019 10:03PM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Ah shit, here we go again.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Since a lot more people are aware of Kodama's works, I wonder if Kodama purposely set-up this Kodama-like premise( with the cheating husband and scheming friend) in order to subvert expectations, much like the same way Momoto Mono subverted school-girl yuri cliches in Yuunagi Marbled.

Also, the first pages of this manga reminded me of the first chapter of Otsu Hiyori's Aqua Blue Cinema, what with a character mistaking the MC as suicidal and trying to rescue her only to knock her into the waters.

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

now I know why her fr batrayed her :)
that's L*V*

Sample_0bc66a359c3af4a24555c4bef5b4c655
joined Oct 5, 2015

I feel like more stuff happened in this chapter than happens in some entire series...

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Finally...I've been seeing this on Kodama's Twitter for months now, wondering when it'd be translated.

joined May 24, 2014

Finally...I've been seeing this on Kodama's Twitter for months now, wondering when it'd be translated.

I saw it on her pixivy too. Thought it looked good.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Nope- they are basing it on what seems to be the direction it is heading in judging by ch1 - AND - the authors style in almost ALL previous works. Just check out NTR etc if you haven't read them.

Maybe they are to your taste- some seem to like none stop angst and melodrama and loved triangle / cheating type stuff.
But there are plenty who do not - and looking at the set up, its not much of a jump to say this looks no different.

ALSO- 5 chapters are out in spanish and someone who checked the raws commented about dropping it because of all the angst and melodrama etc too..

So it is NOT people just 'guessing' the future chapters general content.

joined Jun 30, 2015

Can somebody explain how Kodama is so darn obsessed with cheating and NTR?

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

(Also, whose the dark haired girl supposed to belong to?)

I'm reading her as a student at the school(?) and/or a daughter of a neighboring family.

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 1:16AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

The old folks popping up to greet her totally set me up for a "Yuri Occurrence at Fukurōhama Bridge" twist.

joined Jul 4, 2018

Obligatory fuck the Yankees

Fawk da yankees.

Dq96tyidseq-min%20(6)
joined Apr 29, 2019

yankee tomboys fo life

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

I recognized the art style, double checked, and... yeah, I'm gonna pass this one up. Never really enjoyed any of Kodama's work.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Nope- they are basing it on what seems to be the direction it is heading in judging by ch1 - AND - the authors style in almost ALL previous works. Just check out NTR etc if you haven't read them.

Maybe they are to your taste- some seem to like none stop angst and melodrama and loved triangle / cheating type stuff.
But there are plenty who do not - and looking at the set up, its not much of a jump to say this looks no different.

ALSO- 5 chapters are out in spanish and someone who checked the raws commented about dropping it because of all the angst and melodrama etc too..

So it is NOT people just 'guessing' the future chapters general content.

In other words, a lot of guessing.

I’ve read plenty of the author's work, thanks for your kind advice, and it’s idiotic to say “it’s all the same”—Cocytus and NTR are not the same as Renai Manga or I married my junior.

Ah, well—know-it-alls gonna know . . .

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

I really love it when kodama naoko produce some great work like renai manga,, but it's started to irritate me when she/he creater bisexual, cheating NTR, and other stuff like that

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

Kodama Naoko come outside I just want to talk

To reply you must either login or sign up.