Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

yall gotta admit the moms pretty hot

I got the best avatar now.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Next chapter when?!?!?!

joined Nov 27, 2017

I mean, the mom walked in on them on top of eachother in bed. And then asked her daughter if she was "doing something bad?"

She's a real bro though, having her stay the night and making them take a bath together. I wanna believe her inner monologue immediately jumped from
Oh my god my daughter has a friend. A girlfriend!
to
I've gotta help my awkward daughter get laid!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

JohnnyCanuck posted:

She's at least 80° imo
Is the father not around anymore? I forgot... Because it would be a shame to leave her alone! AUTHOR PLEASE

joined Feb 18, 2015

I mean, the mom walked in on them on top of eachother in bed. And then asked her daughter if she was "doing something bad?"

She's a real bro though, having her stay the night and making them take a bath together. I wanna believe her inner monologue immediately jumped from
to

I'm thinking of a commercial for some product... don't even remember what it was... but the tag line was: "Kid tested, Mother approved!"

JohnnyCanuck posted:

She's at least 80° imo
Is the father not around anymore? I forgot... Because it would be a shame to leave her alone! AUTHOR PLEASE

All the dads are busy or have left or ded in yuri

joined Sep 2, 2018

to

I'm thinking of a commercial for some product... don't even remember what it was... but the tag line was: "Kid tested, Mother approved!"

Kix Cereal. And thank you for putting that idea in my head. I will now refer to Supportive Mother characters as "Kix Mothers"

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

couscous posted:
I can't wait for the parents to be extremely supportive.

couscous called it way back on page 56.

i love how cute this comic is. i always know i'll smile when i read the new chapter.

-=========-
side note: why don't quotes link the original post and author automatically?

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

mom knows her daughter very well,,,
and also I still curious about Nikaido's family, maybe somekind of yakuza or mafia

whens next chhhhhhhh

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nani!? https://mangadex.org/title/40785 author has a series with vampires! https://mangadex.org/title/40785

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

I came to read this manga because of Liberta. I now understand where the 'That's so hard boiled!' phrase came from.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I came to read this manga because of Liberta. I now understand where the 'That's so hard boiled!' phrase came from.

Yup, that's where the running joke in that thread came from!

The origin of the actual phrase, though, doesn't come from this manga or Liberta. (It doesn't have anything to do with cooking eggs, either, hehe.)

It's referring to an early 90s Hong Kong action movie titled "Hard Boiled", and refers to people, situations, etc., that appear to be super macho, tough, hardcore cool, and so forth, much like the movie itself. So there's some random trivia. :)

last edited at Aug 30, 2019 5:14AM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Yup, that's where the running joke in that thread came from!

The origin of the actual phrase, though, doesn't come from this manga or Liberta. (It doesn't have anything to do with cooking eggs, either, hehe.)

It's referring to an early 90s Hong Kong action movie titled "Hard Boiled", and refers to people, situations, etc., that appear to be super macho, tough, hardcore cool, and so forth, much like the movie itself. So there's some random trivia. :)

Oh wow, thanks for the etymology lesson! Now it makes more sense.

joined Jul 26, 2016

It's much older actually...

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

It's much older actually...

Well, yes, that too. I was under the impression though that its usage didn't enter into common language/wasei-eigo specifically until the movie itself, though. Am I incorrect? I am not an expert, just a keeper of random factoids, and I like it when I'm corrected. :)

joined Jul 26, 2016

Can't vouch for English usage since I'm not a native speaker, but the concept of "hard-boiled crime story" and its intimate association with the particular brand of cool encoded in the noir aesthetic has certainly been used for a very long time in my language.

TBF Inko's clearly leaning more on the more "animesque" John Woo take on the theme...

kindasortaprivate
Imhomekiss2_500
joined Sep 4, 2019

and also I still curious about Nikaido's family, maybe somekind of yakuza or mafia

She could be the kind exception in a family of toughs, but then, why would she be overjoyed to be drawn "hard-boiled"?

I think they'll be superheroes (like The Incredibles) or aliens (the interplanetary kind) eh heh heh heh

not really, but maybe?

please don't let them be capitalist royalty, though

(not sayin' I didn't like it in Secret of the Princess and Notes from the Garden of Lilies, and Citrus, ad infinitum, but...)

last edited at Sep 4, 2019 3:17PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

please don't let them be capitalist royalty, though

I'm getting leftist vibes from this sentence, and, as an anarchist, I love those vibes.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

I'm conflicted. On one hand I wish this guy success and all that. On the other I miss the weekly chapter of this series.

I lied. Fuck this guy.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

They're so cute together!

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Rejoice! There's a new web chapter up on Pixiv (which I'm sure Ichigo will get to translating in no time)!

Snapdragon beans
Screen%20shot%202018-12-15%20at%202.44.04%20am
joined Oct 27, 2018

Oh thank Goodness. I thought I would have to wait for the new version to catch up to the webcomic, which could take YEARS!

To reply you must either login or sign up.