Forum › Blue Friend discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Shoujo-est yuri ever? Maybe.

Misuzu is best girl, protect at all costs.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

What with the volume headers.

joined May 20, 2013

The chapter-only tags are off (4→5, 5→6).

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Oh wow, an oldie but roughie

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Shoujo-est yuri ever? Maybe.

Misuzu is best girl, protect at all costs.

Misuzu was annoying a good part of the manga. I always hate the trope of the girl getting jealous ofher crush getting social interactions and really like that Ayumu call her back. I know Misuzu want to someone with her but god letAyumu have friends others than you, it's not like she gonna run away from you.

Can't remember where else I've seen this art style

joined Oct 15, 2014

Woooow this really brings back memories. Lol I remember reading this when I was 12-13 back then I was still confused about my sexuality. A real trip down memory lane

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

What with the volume headers.

What indeed.

The chapter-only tags are off (4→5, 5→6).

Thanks, fixed!

Misuzu was annoying a good part of the manga. I always hate the trope of the girl getting jealous ofher crush getting social interactions and really like that Ayumu call her back. I know Misuzu want to someone with her but god letAyumu have friends others than you, it's not like she gonna run away from you.

She's totally overbearing, but I'll forgive a cute gay anything.

last edited at Aug 3, 2019 12:48AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

First time reading this story...didn't think it would end so shoujo-y...
Still a good read ^_^

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Totally loved it...but did they end up as BestFriends or Girlfriends? •~•

joined Jul 11, 2015

awww re reading it brings so much feels and memories :') their future is in my head now.. imagining they really last a lifetime and get married..

joined Jul 11, 2015

Totally loved it...but did they end up as BestFriends or Girlfriends? •~•

I'd like to be positive that they end up as girlfriends, bcz they kiss at they graduation.. and the one's kissing is Ayumu :3

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

We never heard Ayumu say she loves Misuzu :( I feel like they just stayed friends

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Oh hey they finally put Blue Friend on here
This is one of my favorite yuri series

last edited at Aug 3, 2019 3:02AM

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Holy frick, this is the most angsty manga I can remember reading in a damn long time. It was beautiful, though ;_; But damn, why do all the men turn out to be assholes in the end? lol

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

I wonder if she got the nurse reported in the end or if they just fought

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think she just had a cat fight with the nurse. Which didn't come back because she got exposed.

As for this whole manga. Well... it gives the feeling of a Showa era manga.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Dang, what a ride. Some super rough stuff got healed up quite nicely. Bless Ayumu.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

why do all the men turn out to be assholes in the end?

I beg to differ, Misuzu's stepfather don't seem that much of an asshole ine the end.

One thing I don’t get is tho, why so many of these manga involve rape?

Does rape by a man turn someone lesbian?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Remy posted:

Because rape happens irl?

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

What's up with the upload dates, they all say they were added back in 2010. How does that work?

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

When a character has some sort of character flaw due to past trauma, rape is just the go-to thing. Presumably because it’s traumatic enough that almost no matter how bad the character acts, you still feel sympathy toward them.

last edited at Aug 3, 2019 11:59AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

EmergentLurker posted:

What's up with the upload dates, they all say they were added back in 2010. How does that work?

Dynasty insist to use the release date of actual scanlation, rather than upload date to the site.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's a very lazy way of giving a female character a Dark Backstory™. Manga doesn't have a monopoly on it, western movies, books and TV series use it as their go-to buried trauma all the time.

Does rape by a man turn someone lesbian?

Some authors think so, yes. And people at large, believing that being lesbian has more to do with "rejecting men" rather than "being attracted to women". It's bullshit of course, and thankfully less common these days as lesbians are more visible, but the idea still floats around and lazy writers still use it now and then.

I can see how people who buy into "pseudo-romance specific to adolescence" would believe in it though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.