Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

jtt posted:

Actually I find "Break a leg!" to be more accurate, irrespective of the original, and think Yuu would probably know to use it:

It sounds rather colloquial to me.

Kinda like translating "Ittadakimasu!" by "Thanks for the grub!". Kinda OOC.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

If you know how many differents traductions of Ittadakimasu i'm seen.

joined Nov 5, 2017

So, which translation is more accurate?

• "I want to sleep over with you" (Kusoshop)
  • "I want to stay over at your house" (4s)

Because the implications are not the same. First case, she just want a sleepover, second case, she invites herself in someone else house.

I kinda find the 4s translation weaker this time. "Please do your best" vs "Break a leg!"... Meh... I can't imagine Yuu saying "Break a leg!"

I don't have the original to compare.

Yuu literally only says she wants to stay over. That's it. There's no "with you" "at your house" "sleep" or whatever. The verb used has no connotations besides "spending the night outside your house". Make of that what you will.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Hell yeah.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

HOLY SHIT IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

It sounds rather colloquial to me.

"Break a leg" has been used in theater for centuries, in various different languages. It might sound strange from Yuu's mouth, but it's a phrase with a long history that fits the context and mood perfectly. I think it's pretty different from using "rub a dub dub thanks for the grub" as a silly stand-in for "itadakimasu", which has no serious counterpart in English.

last edited at Jul 30, 2019 4:46PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

And to think that barely over half a year ago I was vehemently opposed to the idea of this manga going sexual. Now all of us, myself included, are itching to see it! As times change, people change, I guess.

last edited at Jul 30, 2019 4:33PM

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I saw that little blush after you tell your parents to go out. Touko you ain't slick

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

Argh, Can I warp to next month now?
But somehow, I feel like they are not going to have sex and if they have the author will show us nothing explicitly.

joined Mar 18, 2018

Oh boy! are they actually gonna do what i think they are gonna do?!
Feels like a first if they actually do it in the official manga and not in a doujin.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzYM01Smsug

Come on and go with me
Come on over to my place

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzYM01Smsug

Come on and go with me
Come on over to my place

MMMMMMMHHH YES, BRING THE WINE.

last edited at Jul 30, 2019 4:57PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

Because the implications are not the same. First case, she just want a sleepover, second case, she invites herself in someone else house.

I kinda find the 4s translation weaker this time. "Please do your best" vs "Break a leg!"... Meh... I can't imagine Yuu saying "Break a leg!"

Yuu literally only says she wants to stay over. That's it. There's no "with you" "at your house" "sleep" or whatever. The verb used has no connotations besides "spending the night outside your house". Make of that what you will.

Well, considering context. I think it's pretty clear what Yuu actually wants. So I think either translation is fine.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Yuu's actually still pure. The worst she could imagine is sleeping in the same bed.
And Touko also didn't reveal her true thirst yet. Maybe the readers are projecting just a little. Of course nobody knows what will happen once they are alone in an empty appartment. All alone~
Touko the schemer strikes again.

On the other hand, Koyomi has another chance to get closer to Renma-sensei. I think everyone predicted the way it would happen. Whether we get to see it though is a different matter. Maybe in a special.

Now excuse me as I rob my local pharmacist for copious amounts of insulin!

joined Oct 27, 2018

Yuu's actually still pure. The worst she could imagine is sleeping in the same bed.
And Touko also didn't reveal her true thirst yet. Maybe the readers are projecting just a little. Of course nobody knows what will happen once they are alone in an empty appartment. All alone~

Um, did you even read the last two chapters?

joined Nov 5, 2017

On the other hand, Koyomi has another chance to get closer to Renma-sensei. I think everyone predicted the way it would happen. Whether we get to see it though is a different matter. Maybe in a special.

Yeah, imagining touching someone with her shirt open and her bra showing is pure enough. It would be degenerate if Touko had been fully naked.

joined Jul 26, 2016

"Stay over for dinner," said the spider to the fly...

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Maybe the readers are projecting just a little

ahahah

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

Original can be found
https://imgur.com/a/6Uynnpv

I was trying to just put the text into the discussion but Yuu uses a curly h I cannot find the Uncode for if anyone has any ideas what that is please tell me.

Otherwise (* for unknown character)

したいです お泊ま*が

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Original can be found
https://imgur.com/a/6Uynnpv

I was trying to just put the text into the discussion but Yuu uses a curly h I cannot find the Uncode for if anyone has any ideas what that is please tell me.

Otherwise (* for unknown character)

したいです お泊ま*が

お泊まり (otomari)

Some times the り character has the curly thing as shown in the manga.

Anyway, お泊まり means sleepover or overnight stay. したい means I want to do. So basically she's saying "I want to sleep over" / "I want to stay overnight." Adding "at your house" in the translation is okay. I feel the English line wouldn't flow well without it.

last edited at Jul 30, 2019 5:50PM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Yeah, imagining touching someone with her shirt open and her bra showing is pure enough. It would be degenerate if Touko had been fully naked.

How is that pure? Rather I'm quite dirty or you are way too pure >:v

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

Dont know... I think they will kiss and hug but have no sex :O Sry but I have a trauma from Citrus xD

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch43#4
That is literally the furthest Yuu imagined anything.

Now actually proof to me that she was thinking of something lewd there. All she did is touch her throat (whatever that is about). She was imaginig something further than kissing there. Not exactly "Oh I wanna do this now".

last edited at Jul 30, 2019 5:47PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch43#4
That is literally the furthest Yuu imagined anything.

Now actually proof to me that she was thinking of something lewd there. All she did is touch her throat (whatever that is about). She was imaginig something further than kissing there. Not exactly "Oh I wanna do this now".

Y'all are silly.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Y'all are silly.

Likewise.

To reply you must either login or sign up.