Forum › Swap ⇔ Swap discussion

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Owwwwwww... Anime when?

joined Oct 15, 2014

This is how it ends? I'm not saying it's a bad ending but i would be lying if didn't say that it was pretty disappointing.
I was atleast hopeing for an confession or something... Oh well.

Same dude same. At least it's finished and not like cancelled or abandoned

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

I wouldn't call it yuri bait. Implicit romance is a thing. Also they literally made out several times.

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

Sigh... why is it that authors have no clue how to end their series? I'm pretty sure like 80% of these series have bad endings. Is it really so hard to end it with them going out?

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

I wish people would stop using the word bait. it is very misleading.

...if there's a little of something attracting and luring beings expecting more of that in, only for it to not be more of that thing but something different (to whatever degree), how's that not bait?

Here, there is the premise of girls kissing girls (which tends to be a better part of yuri), the protagonists getting more familiar with another over the course of the story and even a yuri-couple is introduced in the supporting cast (and some yuri crush) feeding into that expectation... but the actual protagonists remained "friends" and besides them "being okay" now with kissing each other, it really didn't lead anywhere further, certainly no sweet yuri (which by definition is girls' love)...
So, yeah, although the yuri-theme was to my knowledge not officially stated on the forefront of this manga, it was featured too much to be coincidental, and I got hooked (by false promises), stayed for the whole ride and leave unsatisfied for the thing I came in for.
It may not be malicious, but is bait non-the-less.

((Usually I'd agree with ppl using certain terms too casually, without being aware what they actually mean, and oftentimes plain wrong - "retcon" and "plothole" easily on top of that list - but I can't see fault in calling this yuri-bait.))

last edited at Jul 29, 2019 7:39PM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Oh well.... I don't know why I ever thought it could end any other way. It had nice times. SUPER GOOD FRIENDS ftw.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

...if there's a little of something attracting and luring beings expecting more of that in, only for it to not be more of that thing but something different (to whatever degree), how's that not bait?

Here, there is the premise of girls kissing girls (which tends to be a better part of yuri), the protagonists getting more familiar with another over the course of the story and even a yuri-couple is introduced in the supporting cast (and some yuri crush) feeding into that expectation... but the actual protagonists remained "friends" and besides them "being okay" now with kissing each other, it really didn't lead anywhere further, certainly no sweet yuri (which by definition is girls' love)...
So, yeah, although the yuri-theme was to my knowledge not officially stated on the forefront of this manga, it was featured too much to be coincidental, and I got hooked (by false promises), stayed for the whole ride and leave unsatisfied for the thing I came in for.
It may not be malicious, but is bait non-the-less.

((Usually I'd agree with ppl using certain terms too casually, without being aware what they actually mean, and oftentimes plain wrong - "redcon" and "plothole" easily on top of that list - but I can't see fault in calling this yuri-bait.))

^ this

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

It was a fun ride. Though I'll admit I'm a bit disappointed with the ending, I still consider this one of my most favorite series.

I'll definitely buy the official release if we ever get one. And I'll hold out hope for a sequel or an anime.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Would it have freakin killed the author to just have them say I love you or explicitly decide to go out?

Just watching people make out is nice, sure, but I was hoping for some...romance. Not just kissing. Like damn that's boring if they never actually communicate any emotion.

last edited at Jul 29, 2019 8:19PM

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

ah yes, a Just Friends ending. I guess you can kinda tell from pretty early on that this isn't the kind of series that's going to make any actual real changes or developments between their characters.

I'd say it's fair to call the main "relationship" yuri-bait.
kissing alone doesn't imply a yuri-type relationship, as even straight women can be okay with kissing other girls (especially in the younger experimental periods). at the very least though, some of those side-characters do seem to have some gay stuff going on, but, like...

Rsz_3inshot_20230212_001112125
joined Jun 20, 2013

nuuuh, i ctying ;-; i love it so much and now its a bye bye! then, i though they will be a couple, but clean and unique friendship is fine too :3

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Ahhhh, I'm gonna miss this one, but everything did get resolved in the end (not that there was much to resolve... haha).

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

This got pretty clearly axed, which is kinda sad. My guess is around half of the last volume. It's reaaaaaally visible that author had some arcs planned for drama and explanations and had to just cram them in the last few chapters, where one or two more volumes would suit it more

I am not even angry over the ending, since it's very open towards the future in yuri-positive way, more sad for the author...

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Huh, yeah I agree with above. Axing is pretty evident from the last chapters.

last edited at Jul 29, 2019 9:48PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So it just sort of stopped? Actually weird how the "we can't swap" thing seemed like it was going to lead up to some big dramatic revelation but then... didn't

People are saying that it looks like it got axed, but I'm not sure that's the case: While the number of unfinished plot threads could be a symptom of cancellation, they could also be evidence that the author just didn't have a plan for anything and decided to call it quits before completely running out of ideas

So, an enjoyable series right up until it abruptly stops. Don't regret reading it, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Although it kind of meandered towards the latter part, I am genuinely sad to see it end. It was often the highlight of a month of Dynasty Reader for me, and that's with AnoKiss, YagaKimi, Futaribeya, etc. in the mix.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

ok

Aaawwww that's the end?
Would have loved to see them in love with each other in the end but it looks like that conveniently swapping thingy for desires like food stays the main point of their relationship

joined Jul 22, 2016

I'm sad this has now ended ;v; it was such a fun time reading each time a chapter came out

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

yuri don't sell and get axed.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That was a pretty underwhelming ending.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Because it was yuri. There was a lot of yuri in this story. Call it bait if it tricks you thinking it is yuri but then goes fully hetero in surprise.

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

S P E C I A L ending
aka can't be bothered to write an actual conclusion so left it open

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

So it just sort of stopped? Actually weird how the "we can't swap" thing seemed like it was going to lead up to some big dramatic revelation but then... didn't

People are saying that it looks like it got axed, but I'm not sure that's the case: While the number of unfinished plot threads could be a symptom of cancellation, they could also be evidence that the author just didn't have a plan for anything and decided to call it quits before completely running out of ideas

So, an enjoyable series right up until it abruptly stops. Don't regret reading it, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it

That would be a fairly surprising super-ultra-hyper-writer's block, as there were quite a few new pairings that could be explored into a bit of depth, the author showed before that he isn't afraid of this with Akiho and Fuyumi. The logical candidates for this were both Yume/Satsuki and Ayu/Tomoyo, where both of these pairs offer different dynamics than any other pairings explored so far.

And really, even if we went with what we have now and didn't go into deeper exploration of new pairs, extending what we got and doing it in the same pace for another volume is something basically any mangaka can do, especially considering they have editors overviewing them.

I'd search for more, but my lack of fluency in Japanese kinda limits me. All I can find is that the manga ended in April and got its last tankoubon instantly (which might be usual, dunno). Won't ask Tomekichi, as that would be rude.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

That was pretty much what I expected out of the ending: status quo is god.

To reply you must either login or sign up.