Forum › Yuki and the Authoress discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So it's the era "blame the video-game for mass shooting" thing.

I’m no expert, but I’m under the impression that there was considerable government censorship (both political and moralistic) in the Taishō period, and it was going to get considerably worse in the Shōwa period.

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Ah.. Now I get why she burnt some of her works. She's conflicted because people actually killed themselves due to her message. I don't mind if this results in drama because I'm legit curious as to how she's going to find solace in that moving forward as an author.

Though I am afraid if this is foreshadowing for the both of them in the end. I haven't read the raws so excuse me if I'm a little bit needlessly paranoid.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Does this chapter qualify for drama or tragedy based on the guy talking about that suicide case?

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

What if gay books, but too much?

58c38c5f-3ae5-4468-93db-a0c64106bb56
joined May 24, 2017

Absolutely love this story so far. Curious if our author is going to need a little cheering up, I think she needs a hug.

joined Nov 27, 2017

If this series doesn't end on a note of that dude confessing and her saying "Oh, sorry. I'm married to authoress-sensei," then I'll sue.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Thank you random revelation dude, now you can finally rest in peace

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Library man actually just wanted someone to talk about his favorite yuri books with.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Don't worry about the guy, he will not show up again

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

If this series doesn't end on a note of that dude confessing and her saying "Oh, sorry. I'm married to authoress-sensei," then I'll sue.

Technically in this era the only way for two women to get married is one adopting the other (?)

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

At least it was never outright illegal, unlike many Western countries at the same period, where they'd have to fear all sorts of repercussions (depends on the exact date and country and frankly some randomness of course). Not that I imagine it'd be easy in Japan during that period either ^^

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

At least it was never outright illegal, unlike many Western countries at the same period, where they'd have to fear all sorts of repercussions (depends on the exact date and country and frankly some randomness of course). Not that I imagine it'd be easy in Japan during that period either ^^

That’s my impression too—not so much “This is evil because two girls—ew!” and more, “Thing that is not good for society is bad.”

Often leading to unpleasantness with unsmiling bureaucrats behind desks in spartan offices if not indeed goons with nightsticks in either case, of course.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 10, pg 12, "before the were" -> "they were"

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

oh man, can they just hold hands sometime soon? im begging.

joined Oct 10, 2016

I DON'T WANT HET ENDING!

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Library man actually just wanted someone to talk about his favorite yuri books with.

Shit, I can relate to that.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I DON'T WANT HET ENDING!

It won't be.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I DON'T WANT HET ENDING!

It won't be.

inb4 it's NTR ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Where i can see the raws?

Here. Just for you know, the manga is completed so it's all chapters.

Thank you.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I DON'T WANT HET ENDING!

It won't be.

inb4 it's NTR ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

At some point i will just post a spoiler image of the last panel of the last chapter because i will be tilted.

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

Gaaaawd daaaaamn

joined Jul 4, 2018

Random and late...
But she’s very tall. I mean, taller than that library guy. Must be hard to find a parasol in her size.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Sodomy was illegal during the Meiji restoration for few years

last edited at Jul 17, 2019 1:08PM

joined Jul 17, 2019

I love this manga and its art to an embarrassing degree. Who else feels happy whenever a new chapter is released?

joined Apr 6, 2019

Sodomy was illegal during the Meiji restoration for few years

Must have been the Westernization. They tried really hard to please the British and Americans, at the time, by making the country more like theirs; and a lot of really stupid laws were the result.

To reply you must either login or sign up.