Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

ok, someone please explain the play on words for me because I don't get what's punny about 'tea and kisses'.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

ciega posted:

ok, someone please explain the play on words for me because I don't get what's punny about 'tea and kisses'.

From what I understood, tea time clubs in japan are mostly clubs for people to join without having to really do something after school, so the take tea and just chill out. Since you don't have to do anything in particular, you can do what you want, so for her having a tea time club means having lots of fer fans to join, this leads to have them to kiss her, or at least, to accept it.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Or they will become like the girls in Maka-Maka from the same author.

Absolutely disgusting.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I assumed it was because of the Japanese words, ocha and chuu.

And I hope the newly translated chapters get here soon. I want to see what people here think about the recent events with Kaoru and Mask, and of course the big ferris wheel event.
^srsly spoilers, don't read^

joined Apr 20, 2013

I assumed it was because of the Japanese words, ocha and chuu.

And I hope the newly translated chapters get here soon. I want to see what people here think about the recent events with Kaoru and Mask, and of course the big ferris wheel event.
^srsly spoilers, don't read^

me too. I'm waiting the big ferris wheel since last year lol I regret it a lot, btw xD

last edited at Jul 11, 2019 1:49PM

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

And two more.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Too much cuteness and some mild character development, yaaaay!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yay! it's here now!! Mask girl is the CUTEST!!!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yo, thanks, this is great.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Wow! Honoka is really breaking out of her shell, and it seemed like she was a wee bit jealous of Elisha's friends back home. Good for her!

last edited at Jul 14, 2019 7:50PM

Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

It's always so satisfying to see how far a lot of the characters have come since the beginning of the series, the manga has only gotten better as it has gone along because of that.

last edited at Jul 14, 2019 2:34AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Y'know, as much as I dislike Kaoru for her messing with many girls (especially Shizuka), there are some chapters that almost makes me like her and think she wouldn't be such a bad person if she could stop acting like everything around the world is ultimately about her.

I love how the twins are considered a good luck charm, like their overpositivity is somehow contagious. XD

Also, last one about yuu and the twins kinda made me feel like Yuu wouldn't mind adding them to her pets. ^^; Could be fun seeing her trying to get all dom on them and the twins messing her up just by being themselves.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Hm...I want to like it, but this manga always has this "enough playing around, time to find a husband" vibe for me. At least with most pairs.

On the contrary, it plays with the trope I think.

It's like the characters are lying to themselves by talking about boyfriends and husbands, and the readers know it

And anyway, I doubt we will see them grow up into adults.

Or they will become like the girls in Maka-Maka from the same author.

I think the author does a good job of having a mix of relationships.

Some are just friendships
Some of them are definitely just the like class-s intense friendships / preparing for eventual heterosexuality stuff.
Others are more like sexual exploration, but maybe not romantic
And then you got some just full-on gay romance, too.

I think that's an interesting approach to the yuri/class-s "it's a girl's school, so everybody's gay for now" setting.

I don't think it cheapens actual homosexuality, it just recognizes that there's a variety of experiences. Like the class tacitly understands that Ai and Chie's relationship is serious in a way many of the others are not.

Or then there's stuff like chapter 104, where Ayano would plainly be OK with dating Miyoshi for real, but Miyoshi just seems to think of it all as just playing around.

The variety of different relationships is what I like most about this manga. I adore atypical love stories. Not all relationships need to be based on romantic attraction.

joined Apr 30, 2014

I've been thinking this for awhile, but I don't think every chapter should be tagged nsfw (ecchi obviously, but only a few nsfw)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Ambiguous gay: MahiMahi: ?????

You're serious ? MahiMahi were very gays since her first apparition. They've been loveydovey and kiss each other more than any other couple.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Oh god, the ferris wheel ;_; ♥

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ed and Ian are such a wholesome couple.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

morter posted:

Oh god, the ferris wheel ;_; ♥

Ah Thanks, sometimes I feel most people only check the 2 chapters in front page and miss like 10 in Recently Added! after all everyone was talking about the last 2 :(

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Ooh, finally a big one to add to the list o' smooches!

joined Jul 26, 2016

The Mari-Yuu-MahiMahi group is one of the greatest things in manga.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

You see girls, if you begin your big heartfelt tête-à-tête the moment the Ferris wheel starts moving, you will reach the climactic moment -- the kiss! ♡ -- right when you are at the top of the wheel.

OTOH, if you begin when you are at the top of the wheel, you will reach kissy time right when you are at the bottom again... and a nebby employee will come poke her nose into your cabin, thus clam-jamming your yuri.

Remember it next time, ok?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Y'know, as much as I dislike Kaoru for her messing with many girls (especially Shizuka), there are some chapters that almost makes me like her and think she wouldn't be such a bad person if she could stop acting like everything around the world is ultimately about her.

I loved that, when Kaoru the lesbian huntress spots a prey, she stalks her on all fours, like a panther, and the ground she treads on starts spontaneously blooming with lilies.

Also, last one about Yuu and the twins kinda made me feel like Yuu wouldn't mind adding them to her pets. ^^; Could be fun seeing her trying to get all dom on them and the twins messing her up just by being themselves.

I kinda get this feeling that Yuu is secretly scared of the twins, haha. Mari is one thing: she knows Mari would never try to steal the initiative from her, so she can control their relationship, no sweat. But the MahiMahi are constantly bubbling with new ideas and acting on them as soon as they think of them... and that our poor Yuu can't handle at all.

this serise gets gayer and gayer and gayer

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Bless this Manga they're all finally getting together

last edited at Jul 16, 2019 5:57PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Also, last one about Yuu and the twins kinda made me feel like Yuu wouldn't mind adding them to her pets. ^^; Could be fun seeing her trying to get all dom on them and the twins messing her up just by being themselves.

I kinda get this feeling that Yuu is secretly scared of the twins, haha. Mari is one thing: she knows Mari would never try to steal the initiative from her, so she can control their relationship, no sweat. But the MahiMahi are constantly bubbling with new ideas and acting on them as soon as they think of them... and that our poor Yuu can't handle at all.

I suspect they mostly just confuse the Hell out of her. She's not exactly a people person to begin with or for that matter an easy personality to get along with (IIRC it's noted outright at one point that Mari's pretty much her only friend, pre-MahiMahi) and knows it; the way the Not Twins just... cheerfully ignore all that and insist on being her friends seems to leave her rather baffled.

Not that she didn't appreciate their company (perhaps somewhat despite herself) but good luck ever getting her to admit that...

To reply you must either login or sign up.