Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

By the way:

So it was a tan after all, not her natural skin color. Sigh. Someone give me back the time we wasted debating it.

Alright so the author just doesn't know how to draw a tan that clears that up I guess.

Haha didn't know there were peopz who thought Mari's tan was her natural skin color. I just expected it seeing as she's japanese(even if mangas/animes are super colorful in most cases) and a sporty track and field girl. Lots of mangas draw those kinda characters with a tan

Btw love how Ayano x Miyoshi are progressing, Miyoshi clearly knows it wasn't fingers on her lips ;D

joined Jun 27, 2017

Why did I wait so long to read this. I'm binging this right now and it's amazing.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Haha didn't know there were peopz who thought Mari's tan was her natural skin color. I just expected it seeing as she's japanese(even if mangas/animes are super colorful in most cases) and a sporty track and field girl. Lots of mangas draw those kinda characters with a tan

There was a long discussion about that. The problem was, I think, the absence of tan lines at the right places. I mean, you don't get stark naked to do track and field practice... right? You wear at the very least shorts and a top - so you should get tan lines from that! And yet, her skin seemed to be the same dark shade all over. That's why there was some speculation that brown was her natural skin color.

And, well... as it turns out, it was a tan after all. ¯⧹_( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)_⧸¯

Looking East
45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

By the way:

So it was a tan after all, not her natural skin color. Sigh. Someone give me back the time we wasted debating it.

Alright so the author just doesn't know how to draw a tan that clears that up I guess.

No, your eyes are just terrible, no worries.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

I wonder why the new chapters aren't here yet? Who's in charge on bringin them on the dynasty?

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I like Ai and Chie couple the most, and I’m waiting for some development from Kanae and Haruka...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

True, there are 7 chapters waiting to be released here with all their might.
exhibitionism glory content

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

By the way:

No, your eyes are just terrible, no worries.

This doesn't even make sense as a rebuttal you're just being an ass for the sake of it.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Serenata posted:

True, there are 7 chapters waiting to be released here with all their might.
exhibitionism glory content

Soon there will be 8!

last edited at Jun 12, 2019 8:37AM

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Ayano and Miyoshi finally kiss! I mean it only took about 100 chapters.. But I'm so glad its finally happened.

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

These credits pages are killing me! xD

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

wooahh! finally all here, I just want to say I love Nao san hahaha
All the ships progressing nicely too :) thanks

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

They tease ayano and miyoshi so much! Ughh

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's Christmas in June!

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Hm...I want to like it, but this manga always has this "enough playing around, time to find a husband" vibe for me. At least with most pairs.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hm...I want to like it, but this manga always has this "enough playing around, time to find a husband" vibe for me. At least with most pairs.

On the contrary, it plays with the trope I think.

It's like the characters are lying to themselves by talking about boyfriends and husbands, and the readers know it

And anyway, I doubt we will see them grow up into adults.

Or they will become like the girls in Maka-Maka from the same author.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

It's Christmas in June!

It sure is.

You do realize all these girls are high-schoolers, right? Old enough and pretty enough to find themselves some boyfriends any time they want... right?

If they were at all interested, they would be talking all the time about boys, going to goukon parties, etc. etc. We'd have a group of girls like in Holy Girl Paradigm -- where the two MCs are the only ones in their class who aren't crazy 'bout boys.

And here's the conclusive argument. We're talking about the author of Maka-Maka. He doesn't do "enough playing around, time to find a husband" stories. As @drpepperfan said in the very first message of this thread, what Kishi Torajirou does is cute, ecchi, realistic, beautifully drawn yuri. Nuff said.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

On a different subject:

Am I the only one who thinks Yumimi is doing abso-fecking-lutely everything she can to get Nononon to be brave and confess her love???

I mean, look at her: the things she say, the things she does, her attitude, her body language... heck, she's sending signals like giant neon signs!

joined Oct 5, 2016

On the contrary, it plays with the trope I think.

It's like the characters are lying to themselves by talking about boyfriends and husbands, and the readers know it

I think the author does a good job of having a mix of relationships.

Some are just friendships
Some of them are definitely just the like class-s intense friendships / preparing for eventual heterosexuality stuff.
Others are more like sexual exploration, but maybe not romantic
And then you got some just full-on gay romance, too.

I think that's an interesting approach to the yuri/class-s "it's a girl's school, so everybody's gay for now" setting.

I don't think it cheapens actual homosexuality, it just recognizes that there's a variety of experiences. Like the class tacitly understands that Ai and Chie's relationship is serious in a way many of the others are not.

Or then there's stuff like chapter 104, where Ayano would plainly be OK with dating Miyoshi for real, but Miyoshi just seems to think of it all as just playing around.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Nene posted:

On a different subject:

Am I the only one who thinks Yumimi is doing abso-fecking-lutely everything she can to get Nononon to be brave and confess her love???

I mean, look at her: the things she say, the things she does, her attitude, her body language... heck, she's sending signals like giant neon signs!

I have the opposite impression, I keep feeling strange about Nononon because I recieve the opposite message!
It's strange, but I need more to convince myself that she's not just playing with her.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I have the opposite impression, I keep feeling strange about Nononon because I recieve the opposite message!
It's strange, but I need more to convince myself that she's not just playing with her.

Hm... then, if I understand correctly, your impression is that Yumimi has realized Nononon's feelings -- and is playing with her, just to have fun?

Then our readings of the story are not so different, after all.
– Yumimi realized Nononon loves her, sends her "luv u 2" signals to push her to confess her love so that they can go out
– Yumimi realized Nononon loves her, sends her "luv u 2" signals to toy with her, just for fun, because she's a mischievous little devil
The only thing we don't read the same way is Yumimi's motivation... and that's something nobody can tell for sure, at least until the author reveals it to us. All we can do for now is speculate.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Ten chapters at the same time, normally I'd go wow
but they have all different dates of release, some even dated May 24
what went wrong with updates???

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Nene posted:

Hm... then, if I understand correctly, your impression is that Yumimi has realized Nononon's feelings -- and is playing with her, just to have fun?

Then our readings of the story are not so different, after all.
– Yumimi realized Nononon loves her, sends her "luv u 2" signals to push her to confess her love so that they can go out
– Yumimi realized Nononon loves her, sends her "luv u 2" signals to toy with her, just for fun, because she's a mischievous little devil
The only thing we don't read the same way is Yumimi's motivation... and that's something nobody can tell for sure, at least until the author reveals it to us. All we can do for now is speculate.

From what I thought, in my opinion Yumimi has realized, more or less implicitly, that she has power on her to make her embarrassed, or simply making her do what she wants. It might bring her to understand her feelings, but for now I don't know. Also, even in the translation group, I'm the only one with this impression, so I realize it might be just me, but for now I can't pull away this sensation. I'll wait for more chapters to make further judgments.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Jeanne Mathison posted:

Ten chapters at the same time, normally I'd go wow
but they have all different dates of release, some even dated May 24
what went wrong with updates???

I asked many times for them to be uploaded on the dynasty, it seems there is someone specific that has this power.

To reply you must either login or sign up.