Forum › Yuki and the Authoress discussion

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Wow that lady is super sexy... I just hope that the younger one is over 18 years old!!

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Well, I suppose the fangirl meeting this super-sexy seductive authoress could kinda be a self-insert scenario that'd be somewhat comparable to what fanfiction likes to do, and since we know so little about the authoress - just those snippets - it could easily be a character from a wider-work where she plays an entirely different role ...

So. But I don't think that's particularly different from many other manga.

Lol but any manga is never original or different. They are all derivatives of something

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well, I suppose the fangirl meeting this super-sexy seductive authoress could kinda be a self-insert scenario that'd be somewhat comparable to what fanfiction likes to do, and since we know so little about the authoress - just those snippets - it could easily be a character from a wider-work where she plays an entirely different role ...

Lol but any manga is never original or different. They are all derivatives of something

The pool of genuinely original stories was already exhausted approximately around the Bronze Age, anyway.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The pool of genuinely original stories was already exhausted approximately around the Bronze Age, anyway.

The point of the post was, I believe, not about the story’s relative originality, but “there’s not much that makes this more like fanfic than like regular manga.”

last edited at Jul 5, 2019 7:10AM

Eetw4a5ueaiu2_t
joined Jun 1, 2017

I love love love Taisho Roman era fashion so this whole story feels custom made for me. It's so pretty!
The whole thing reads like a story serialized on a vintage publication. The loose drawing style fits perfectly both the early 20th century modernism aesthetic and the dreamy mental state of the main character as she slowly realizes she's, in fact, Extremely Gay.

I like height difference ships, but I found the differences in proportion here kind of funny though it grew up on me eventually. Some previous comments say it resembles BL tropes and ngl I know a lot of us are into Tall Older Ladies™ but, to be fair, the authoress looks more like a mix between Sheena Ringo and early Japanese feminist-anarchists of the era than anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if the book she was burning on the chimney turns out being some banned manifesto of sorts*. And Yuki looks like she came out of the cover of a teen magazine from the early 1900s. (Btw I'm not disagreeing with anyone, I just wanted to add some context and appreciation for the author's skill at reproducing the aesthetic of the era so faithfully). Regardless of the outcome of the story, I stan.

*Apparently this is only 14 chapters long so it's most probably the book about Yuki she refuses to publish and not a secret conspiracy but hey

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

oh my god i COMPLTELY see shiina ringo meets hiratsuka raichou now. god. good call sanapomu

joined Feb 23, 2016

Damn.. i want that too

last edited at Jul 8, 2019 11:03PM

lord-of-roses
Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Thank you, exposition grandpa. I don't know what the narrative could have done without you.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Carol vibes hitting me everytime.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Why is she so suave, what the hell, is it possible to be killed by suaveness????? That's how I wanna go

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Now I feel sad for Yuki, partly because I kinda know what it's like to have an oppressive father (she should just be glad hers wasn't as self-centered of a hypocritical nigh-sociopathic asshole as mine is).

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

lol people complaning about this being like a fanfic when the story was created like doujinshis but, how it got fame, she get to created an actually story or something like that. I remember seeing the chapters first in BOOTH.
(Actually I like the story so I don't see it like that way but oh well).
Also, I was checking Baka updates and, this had really finished with two volumes???? o.o

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Also, I was checking Baka updates and, this had really finished with two volumes???? o.o

Nice it had only 14 chapters

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This is so warm and gentle, like a fire on a cold December night

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

"Oh, my, look at the time." so casual lmao, definitely a professional flirt

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I get this vibe that the authoress is dissatisfied with her current work or is upset about something in her writing and this is what she needs in her life to get her back on track. Finding someone who is truly in love with what she writes and helping give her inspiration.

It's such a gentle moving story. I like it!

joined Apr 23, 2019

Sensei, take Yuki to live with you

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Sensei, take Yuki to live with you

That's for the final chapter

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Don’t authoresses need someone around to fetch them tea, and make sure the fire’s burning right, etc., and in return that person gets room and board and cute clothes?

Right?

(Also cuddling. And stuff.)

Photo
joined Feb 24, 2017

Where i can see the raws?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Where i can see the raws?

Here. Just for you know, the manga is completed so it's all chapters.

last edited at Jul 15, 2019 12:46PM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

HERE COMES THE DRAMA GUYS

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I am in love with this. It wasn’t clear why Sensei wasn’t closing the deal with Yuki, and why she seemed troubled about her writing. And now we know.

The lad seems like a nice boy. He should go away now.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So it's the era "blame the video-game for mass shooting" thing.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

So it's the era "blame the video-game for mass shooting" thing.

Blaming the gay love was all the rage back then. Or so I've been told.

To reply you must either login or sign up.