Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

There are two kinds of yuri one subscribes to.
One of them is the yuri that starts off strong and gives you hope, only to either not deliver or stumble a lot. It can be due to poor pacing, bad decisions, feeling forced, what have you. It's a sad feeling that's only surpassed by saying goodbye to one's girlfriend.
And the, there's the kind where each chapter comforts you into thinking that yes, you were right to put your hopes in it.

This one is the latter. The two mains having a cute casual conversation WHILE it's undoubtly, irrevocably, genuinely, explicitely gay? In MY yuri? It's more likely than you think. My, my, as if we weren't blessed enough with Adachi and Shimamura.
Also Yori continues to be too handsome for this world (but just enough for Himari).

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

That destructive level of blunt airheadedness.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Overly cutesy kouhai falls in love with clumsy male sempai: This is trash, misogynistic and the most pathetic wish fulfillment

Overly cutesy Kouhai falls in love with clumsly female sempai: This is the highest form of art and only deserves the utmost praise

Clumsy? I think you mean "lazy but intelligent, perpetually speaking in sarcastic monologues" male senpai. Or "breaks your phone and verbally puts you down but only because he loves you so much and is misunderstood" male senpai.

Jokes aside, changing the gender itself is a big change in terms of the both direct portrayal and the more indirect context surrounding the character in question.

tkmiz put it nicely in that an end of the world scenario involving two girls in love is beautiful to him, but with a guy and a girl it's just obnoxious, in that the context of the relationship changes completely, even if they were portrayed the exact same way (which they wouldn't be anyway).

last edited at Jun 23, 2019 3:42AM

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

Good beginning but hurting ending.

Sorry for my bad english

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh no, senpai I think you attacked like 2 volumes too early! Can't blame you, she's dangerously cute.

In one hand, it's good because Kino was too dense to get it and this might start a fire in her heart or set things in motion...On the other hand, she might run away and it's gonna be harder to get them back together.

And while is true that this is sweet to the point I might die of overdose, the story needs to advance and this is the result...

Thanks for the translation!!

joined Dec 18, 2018

I think this is good, Kino was too stuck on "being a fan" and has to now think of Yori from another point of view. It might be awkward for a bit, but I think she'll get there.

11143587_983945991615710_6019435042284427906_n
joined Jan 29, 2015

I see drama coming

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

What a great way to turn an otherwise amazing chapter into something less by a bummer of an ending!

denial voice No. I'm not bitter. Why would I be bitter?

last edited at Jun 23, 2019 10:35AM

Untitled%20(3)
joined Jan 7, 2019

OH GOD SENPAI, THAT'S THE SPIRIT, but uhm, I'm scared that Kouhai might get a little distant to her now that she know yori loves her romantically. but we will see.

BlueStallion44
joined Aug 29, 2016

OH SHIT Yori senpai couldn’t hold in her love she was way too happy on the date. I thought she would’ve tried to keep it bottled up no matter what but she’s got guts! Nice! Must’ve taken a lot just to say it. I know that lesbian guilt of feelings spilling over when you don’t know if the girl is straight or gay haha!

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Kino is cancelled

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Wow she really didn't let any room for interpretation.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Sharkexpert12 posted:

Wow she really didn't let any room for interpretation.

You need to come strong with these kind of kouhais lol

BlueStallion44
joined Aug 29, 2016

Oh no, senpai I think you attacked like 2 volumes too early! Can't blame you, she's dangerously cute.

In one hand, it's good because Kino was too dense to get it and this might start a fire in her heart or set things in motion...On the other hand, she might run away and it's gonna be harder to get them back together.

And while is true that this is sweet to the point I might die of overdose, the story needs to advance and this is the result...

Thanks for the translation!!

2 volumes too early haha well that’s most yuri for you. Most of them draw out the everyday like and love of the characters through slice of life chapters. I like how this is headed. “Love at first sight” shouldn’t take 2 or 3 volumes to be admitted. Hell we got the story in the first chapter. I think this is refreshing. Especially because the sweetness was literally making Yori go crazy I think this is gonna draw out in a way other mainstream manga hasn’t for a while! Can’t wait!

Kikaluna Uploader
Ef2_zi-u4ae1h8g
Noca Scans
joined Nov 20, 2017

That last page really hurt.

joined Jan 11, 2018

"I think my love might be different."

Narrator: "It wasn't."

last edited at Jun 23, 2019 10:49AM

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Kino, honey, you gay. Just accept it and move on. Please, for the sake of my sanity, accept the fact that you're about as straight as a noodle in hot water!

joined Nov 5, 2018

Yori senpai is so cool and manages to act all confident with her kouhai even though she's so vulnerable and freaks out internally. I love you Yori senpai.

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

FUUUUUUUCK

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

Does anyone know a yuri story where one of the main couple actually turns out to be straight or ace in the end, after they struggle with understanding the difference between adoration and sexual/romantic attraction? Not "I'm a bi, but I chose to be with a guy [for kids]", but "I guess I just don't feel like that for a woman".

I've hardly read everything even on this site, so nothing comes up to mind right now.

That have nothing to do with the Manga here. Go to the Forum and search for a post.

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

Does anyone know a yuri story where one of the main couple actually turns out to be straight or ace in the end, after they struggle with understanding the difference between adoration and sexual/romantic attraction? Not "I'm a bi, but I chose to be with a guy [for kids]", but "I guess I just don't feel like that for a woman".

I've hardly read everything even on this site, so nothing comes up to mind right now.

I swear to god i read something like that somewhere. That line you said about feeling for
a woman sounds really familiar to me for some reason.

joined May 17, 2019

"I think my love might be different from senpai"

THATS WHERE YOU'RE WRONG AGAIN KIDDO :D

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

"It's cuteness mayhem."

Kino is like a mega-tanker of cuteness--it needs a lot of time and sea-room to change directions.

But is anyone at the wheel?

joined Apr 16, 2014

Welp, the sweetness had to stop at some point for the plot to progress.

Tumblr_naq5w3cgrf1sbltxmo1_500
joined Jun 27, 2016

OH NOOO

To reply you must either login or sign up.