Forum › Citrus + discussion

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Lol let’s face it folks, if this was a het story Yuzu would be “16 and preggers”

You mean Mei would be the male person in this relationship? A hilarious thought, thank god she's not.

The whole citrus mess is such a shame since I actually liked the story before it fell into complete incoherence. It used to be trashy but interesting, now it's just trashy.

I still listen to Citrus op a lot and I wouldn't mind rewatching the anime. The story should have just ended there...

last edited at May 29, 2019 12:01PM

matsuri_wins
4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

The Citrus anime is actually pretty good. This is why I am always afraid when authors don’t bow out and end a story at its high, but instead want to keep milking it.

And yeah Mei would be the rich guy. Pump and dump, never to be seen again.

last edited at May 29, 2019 3:27PM

KingdomofBlue
joined May 23, 2019

Goddd Damnn it. Meiii is so cutee!! and so is Yuzu.
I just can't understand the hate. Have been stalking Dynasty for a year and finally make an account just to depend Mei =)))
Btw Citrus fanfic is also great !!!

1. Yes, they are cute.
  2. So far, most of the "hate" you see here are actually valid critiques of the Citrus and Citrus+ stories. Very few, AFAIK, are considered visceral nonsensical hate. Personally, I don't hate Citrus at all. I don't consider it 'trash' (the word used by Zeria and others to describe both the anime and the manga). As an Asian pretty much influenced by the melodrama of Mexicanovelas or telenovelas--which thrive on surprise plots which happen to be annoying plot holes (yeaaahhh Maria La Del Barrio and all that stuff) and characters who appear out of nowhere--I love it for the joy of the ride and its positive ending. Well, defending Mei, that'd be easy if SU threw us fans some bone to keep us mentally occupied--maybe a backstory of Mei's condition why she's like that instead of simply saying she had a duty et cetera 2x. Maybe, an undiagnosed ASD or childhood trauma--kinda like what Nakatani-sensei did with Touko Nanami... But there's none of that. And here we are with Citrus+,albeit the fantastic art, with all of us trying to decipher what does Mei's facial expression truly mean. We're not all psychologists, ya know.
  3. Agreed. And so many Citrus fanfics have a better storyline and structure than the original one. Sometimes, what I do think is maybe there are two points: first POINT, creators are unsatisfied with how things are in both Citrus and Citrus+ they take things in their own hands and resolve issues in the story (i.e Mei's Meibotism). Second POINT is the indirect intention of keeping Citrus relevant. I've visited AO3 and other fanfic sites and am pleasantly surprised just how many fanfictions are there with the Citrus girls as the main characters.

With all honesty, I was not into Citrus while waiting for each chapter every month, just something to merely pass time. I was loving Bloom into you much more than Citrus and keep re-reading it over and over. However, after I stumble upon the physical version of Citrus in Barne&Noble, I could not stop reading through the whole thing and end-up buying the physical copy. There was a better flow when I re-read the whole thing comparing to when I just read a chapter every single month. Plus I was not putting much expectation or anticipation comparing to when I wait for chapter every month.

Since the drama in Citrus was not that intense, it is hard to keep interest with small piece every month. However, putting every chapters together, it does make me like it much more. I think Citrus suppose to be a light, fluff, cute romance and not overly dramatize or plot driven
As much as I love Bloom into you, I could not find good fanfic to fill in my heart hole while waiting. Oddly with Citrus there are so many great fanfics that I just got completely suck into while bing read it. It kinna make me forgot the main manga story line lol.
I guess there is a great benefit of a flaw and lack of backup story, is having fan imagination to fill in those hole hahaha

P/s: I dont like Citrus anime, the craftmanship is really bad. It show the lack of care and consideration. On the other hand, Bloom into you is much more well-executed. The art, sound track and flow is really fit the pace of the manga.

last edited at May 31, 2019 4:57AM

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

And yeah Mei would be the rich guy. Pump and dump, never to be seen again.

Let's just say that I'm happy that it didn't turn out that way.

Also, comparing Bloom into You to Citrus is like comparing some famous French vintage to your average table wine. If Citrus had believable, consistent characters with understandable motivations & coherent and well-paced storytelling like BiY, it would probably be a great read.

Still, I'm not giving up hope on this. I just want Mei and Yuzu to finally communicate and face each others' feelings openly. How hard can it be to just talk about what you're feeling?

(And I want to see Matsuri get some love)

Also, the fact that Citrus didn't work at all when read chapter-per-month is proof of its bad pacing. I also read all 10 volumes in succession a few months back, and it was ok, but following Citrus+ right now is nigh unbearable.

last edited at May 31, 2019 6:10PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Maybe Sabu is holding Mei back but will make her go furious jealous mode because of Harumin and sexually harass Yuzu like good ol’ times. Who knew I would miss it...

last edited at May 31, 2019 8:10PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Maybe Sabu is holding Mei back but will make her go furious jealous mode because of Harumin and sexually harass Yuzu like good ol’ times. Who knew I would miss it...

“Gee, if only Mei would really fall for Yuzu, and they could get, like, permission to get married and then they could be all lovey-dovey forever . . . Mei, why are you trembling like that? Yuzu’s right there, hoping you’ll get naked and jump her bones, in your own bed. Why are you clutching your teddy bear like that? . . . Mei, PUT DOWN THE GODDAMNED TEDDY BEAR . . . !”

joined Feb 18, 2018

Ya Mei is just dead for me. There is no way she can go back to being a badass now. She went from kuudere to just...lamedere

last edited at Jun 1, 2019 10:16PM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

As much as I love Bloom into you, I could not find good fanfic to fill in my heart hole while waiting. Oddly with Citrus there are so many great fanfics that I just got completely suck into while bing read it. It kinna make me forgot the main manga story line lol.
I guess there is a great benefit of a flaw and lack of backup story, is having fan imagination to fill in those hole hahaha
P/s: I dont like Citrus anime, the craftmanship is really bad. It show the lack of care and consideration. On the other hand, Bloom into you is much more well-executed. The art, sound track and flow is really fit the pace of the manga.

LOL true, it kinda makes sense that way.

The Citrus anime, for me, has hits and misses.

I get to compare the manner the anime had it with the way everything's portrayed in the Citrus manga; except for the art and soundtrack, I feel like the studio who produced Citrus anime butchered some aspects of the manga story.

Bloom Into You is just fantastic. :)

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Ya Mei is just dead for me. There is no way she can go back to being a badass now. She went from kuudere to just...lamedere

Hahaha! I can't say I disagree with the "lamedere" thing.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

We are aware of the two typos in pages 12 and 15 and will fix them later on

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

That credit page lol anyways I hope we get some faster development past their puppy love stage and I know the author has them in a new, let's start over the right way, kind of relationship but I need more action!.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Hell to the yeah, finally, Shou's back and fired up for his kiddos. Good for him. I've always thought he's one good egg of a man even though he fucked up once as a father. But, well, setting things right is always a good start to turn your life around. I think he'll be a hoot to be around Yuzu and Mei.

321135_2320992341587_421511_s
joined Jun 16, 2013

Haha....love the credit! ‘Useless lesbian’

Jem_01
joined Oct 12, 2010

<3 Mei
And to think i was ready to throw her under the bus in the later chappters.
r

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Feels like it's moving forward, like they've excepted each other and have some type of mutuality in their dynamic now (will they become less useless lesbians?!).... We are almost at hand holding again peeps!!! (I lold at how even Mei's dad was offended by the ludeness of hand holding even if it's himself with a woman, obvs a yuri fan lol lol) #notinfrontofthekids ................... #hisdaughtersareuselesslesbians

last edited at Jun 19, 2019 4:37AM

joined Jan 22, 2019

They really need to stop these cliffhangers xD its killing us xD

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh, that’s right—we once gave a shit about the administration of the Aihara academy, didn’t we? We were all so much younger then . . .

Sure, it’s about 15 chapters too late, but better late than never, amirite?

Mei has broken out of her shell enough to shine at the board meeting, almost like she, you know, had experience being a badass student council prez, or something.

But she’s still gazing at Yuzu like she’s badly constipated, and she can’t quite bring herself to hold hands, so all is still normal on the home front.

joined Jul 4, 2018

Fawking!.... USELESS!

joined May 24, 2014

Bunch of old, OLD farts

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Yep. This is why I consider Citrus the dead middle of yuri manga, rather than a shitty yuri manga. This chapter did make me laugh a few times, not gonna lie.

last edited at Jun 19, 2019 5:43AM

joined May 2, 2019

I thought Yuzu and Mei were already married.

last edited at Jun 19, 2019 6:11AM

joined Mar 18, 2018

You know it's a good chapter when Mama & Papa acknowledge their relationship & when Mei stands upp for Yuzu~

joined Apr 25, 2019

I liked what I read. It shows Mei moving forward by standing her ground that she can run the academy. And by telling the board she doesn’t need a “husband” to do the job for her.
And the part of doing so “with the person I love”, which is a slap in the face to the board, will mean she’ll be a formidable person in the future. And with Yuzu everyone uncomfortable, it was worth a laugh.

What I like is seeing the outcomes that happen after the girls are committed to loving each other, and to hell with anyone else’s preconceptions of how things “should” be done.
Mei’s already done that with the important people in her world, now its up to Yuzu to do the same, specifically with her friends Kana and Manami. And I’m hoping we’ll see that in the next chapter.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Oh, that’s right—we once gave a shit about the administration of the Aihara academy, didn’t we? We were all so much younger then . . .

Sure, it’s about 15 chapters too late, but better late than never, amirite?

I didn’t buy that Yuzu could say all those things in front of a bunch of old powerful guys and there are no consequences or at least Mei getting upset at her for going out of line. That brings Citrus to peak unrealistic Yuri manga in my mind.

Mei has broken out of her shell enough to shine at the board meeting, almost like she, you know, had experience being a badass student council prez, or something.

But she’s still gazing at Yuzu like she’s badly constipated, and she can’t quite bring herself to hold hands, so all is still normal on the home front.

At this point I am sure we are supposed to think they “do romantic stuff” behind the scenes while we just get shown the leftover moments lol

joined Feb 15, 2019

I thought Yuzu and Mei were already married.

That was what happened at the end of citrus but it was supposed to take place at an unspecified date sometime in the future.
Citrus+ is a prequel to the wedding.
It's everything that happened between the end of Citrus and leading up to the wedding.
Kind of like we saw the wedding scene now we're seeing what they went through to get there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.