Forum › Adachi and Shimamura discussion

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

SMOL BEAN OF A LESBIAN IS JUST TRYING TO DO THE BEST, LEAVE HER ALONE GUISE

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Adachi's cuteness knows no bounds, what have we done to deserve it?
Seeing her moeness makes me want to hug my phone tightly

Absolute Protecc

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Did people seriously thinking Yashiro as a threat? I mean she just a little kid and Shimamura only see her as little sister. IMO Yashiro is there so we can see Adachi's cute jealousy act.

Personally, cute is the last thing I called displays of jealousy. Best I can do is a knowledge it as a character trait. Some guy on the radio said he liked making his girlfriend jealous. -_- don't wanna say what that made me feel like doing to him. idk. I seem to be at odds with the comment sections here half the time anyway.

last edited at May 19, 2019 7:25PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Jealous Adachi is cute.

Edit: I just found out the writer/creator for this was the same as Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko (and some other stuff I don't know): https://anilist.co/staff/99956/Hitoma-Iruma

last edited at May 20, 2019 4:29PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Personally, cute is the last thing I called displays of jealousy. Best I can do is a knowledge it as a character trait. Some guy on the radio said he liked making his girlfriend jealous. -_- don't wanna say what that made me feel like doing to him. idk. I seem to be at odds with the comment sections here half the time anyway.

Intentionally making your significant other jealous is, I would say, pretty different from someone being jealous that a little kid is being friendly with the person they like. That boyfriend sounds like a shit, I totally agree. In this case, however, it's really just a childish reaction to something innocuous.

Regardless, I'd say Adachi was mostly just annoyed that a strange little girl suddenly inserted herself into the plans she had to spend a day alone with Shimamura. Frankly I don't think Shimamura was particularly enthusiastic about it herself. She wanted Adachi to stay, and asked to make sure Adachi wasn't going to run away a few times. I guess she might have just wanted to not be left alone with the little girl, but I don't think that's likely.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Edit: I just found out the writer/creator for this was the same as Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko (and some other stuff I don't know): https://anilist.co/staff/99956/Hitoma-Iruma

Yes. In fact, sparkly little Yashiro seems to directly come from there. To quote my own reply in the (Novel) thread:

As a few have mentioned before, she appears to be related to Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, another of the author's works. Here is a link to the Wiki about her.

joined Jan 25, 2017

https://imgur.com/a/gEc4QTo

Raws of the new manga are out. The new art looks fantastic. Hope this gets TL'd.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Well, that was fast. I'll have it translated within the next 24 hours

joined May 27, 2019

Well, that was fast. I'll have it translated within the next 24 hours

Please keep working on this version. I like the new art but I also love this version so much. Thank you

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

So, this Alien girl will be just like Mikitaka from JoJo, right? Like, you'll never know if they're actually aliens or just weird people.

As far as I know, she IS actually an alien. She's a carryover character from something else by the author.

Also, there are now two versions of this manga. The new version is here: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/adachi_and_shimamura_moke_ver . For right now, at least, Yashiro has been redacted in this new version.

last edited at May 31, 2019 1:28PM

joined Mar 18, 2018

This is really nice~
Glad it is getting an anime adoptation. I just hope they finish this one all the way through... (Loking at you Citrus & bloom into You animes...)

last edited at Jun 2, 2019 3:31AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

Huh, they didn't include the creepy dude.

Images
joined Apr 1, 2018

Raws of the new manga are out. The new art looks fantastic. Hope this gets TL'd.

I like this one better :c Not only that, but how are we getting a new manga if this one isn't finished yet?

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I like this one better :c Not only that, but how are we getting a new manga if this one isn't finished yet?

This one IS finished, apparently. It got cancelled. And now a new adaptation is being made (with, in my opinion, worse art and weaker writing).

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yep, I prefer this version. So relaxing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

fauce posted:

Found about that guy from the LN in the comments of mangadex... Really makes you think, what's the deal with that? considering the story so far, is a weird inclusion.

Hope the new manga follows in line and doesn't include him neither.

last edited at Jun 5, 2019 3:32PM

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Apparently, the pedophile dude is a crossover character from another LN by the author, Detective Hanasaki Tarou. Quote: "Women reach their peak at the age of 15, and it's all downhill from there". So yeah.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Apparently, the pedophile dude is a crossover character from another LN by the author, Detective Hanasaki Tarou. Quote: "Women reach their peak at the age of 15, and it's all downhill from there". So yeah.

...yikes, I am just hoping we don't get that kind of character being important (or being there at all) in the LN in later volumes...

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

He wasn't creepy enough as a one off? Now h is an inter-dimesional p.o.s?

Good chapter apart from that element. Did think the Adachis mom show more weight since it was mentioned. Had her looking a certain way in my mind.

So Shimamura tipped her hand when she mentioned "daughter?"
At work. Can't check right now.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Aw. She defended Adachi. Cute.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

So Shimamura tipped her hand when she mentioned "daughter?"

Yup. Neither Mrs. Adachi nor the lady she was speaking to in the sauna before Shimamura inserted herself into their conversation gave "the difficult child" an actual gender. Mrs. Adachi catches on to the fact that Shimamura specifically said "she" as she's leaving, but seems to just chalk it up as overthinking.

I am looking forward to when Adachi brings her new girlfriend home to meet her family:

last edited at Jun 6, 2019 1:10AM

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

This one IS finished, apparently. It got cancelled. And now a new adaptation is being made (with, in my opinion, worse art and weaker writing).

It's cancelled?

oh no

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Which wasn't too bad, but it also skipped the entire rest of the pool sequence.

How can it possibly be worse than this one when the art in this one is very much barebones, often lacking any significant detail and backgrounds (which especially started to annoy me after chapter 6 saw fit to mention the table tennis book, but not actually show it), and it's skipping so much of the story. Admittedly, I can't quite judge the writing of the new version yet (although being based on the same LN, writing is technically the same, it just depends on how well it is adapted into manga form) since it's still not added to MAL, though.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh wow, a pedophile dude?!

And what a coincidence that they met Adachi's mom and Shimamura's mom already knew her.

last edited at Jun 9, 2019 8:05PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

and Shimamura's mom already knew her.

I guess it may be easy to mistake the random lady in the sauna with them for Shimamura's mom with this manga's art, but we do not actually see the two meet, so there's no way to tell whether they know each other just based on this chapter - although as parents of two classmates they may have met indeed through school-related business.

To reply you must either login or sign up.