Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

matsuri_wins posted:

I bet this manga is going to end with no make out scene. Yuri manga readers are the only people in the world that read something for literally years just to see 2 people holding hands in a final panel. Like seriously.

or a sudden marriage with zero resolution to all of the intense and histrionic conflict festering and swelling up in the past chapters, resulting in a bunch of readers lamenting the the insipid conclusion of a once beloved manga

However, in regards to Bloom Into You, I have 99.99% faith in a satisfying yuri ending as the manga and mangaka have been consistently good.

last edited at Apr 24, 2019 10:00PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

matsuri_wins posted:

I bet this manga is going to end with no make out scene. Yuri manga readers are the only people in the world that read something for literally years just to see 2 people holding hands in a final panel. Like seriously.

We already had one of those back in the sport festival, remember? now, seeing one where both are totally aware and fine with their feelings is something extra, but... yeah, they already did a lot and you didn't need to wait a year for that. What this needs it's a time skip! This is why Garden of Lilies is the perfect yuri work

last edited at Apr 24, 2019 9:10PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You've never watched Kdramas, I take it. Some of the most intimate scenes can occur when the OTP are standing 8 feet away from each other.

InfinityPotato
Rsz_jpeg_20190930_231506
joined Nov 12, 2018

Auch... cliffhanger... ;_;

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

We've already had a kissing scene, and it is against the law for a yuri series to include more than one. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do...

You've never watched Kdramas, I take it. Some of the most intimate scenes can occur when the OTP are standing 8 feet away from each other.

'cause they're not gay

last edited at Apr 25, 2019 1:11PM

9b1d0703-1cf0-4df6-bc19-0b2abfd56881
joined Nov 23, 2015

As much as I want to know what happens next, getting to an end to a wonderful series is saddening; withdrawal symptoms?
YagaKimi is going to end in Nov. 2019 with 8 volumes T_T
https://twitter.com/Spytrue/status/1121027825207775232

last edited at Apr 25, 2019 2:50PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

We've already had a kissing scene, and it is against the law for a yuri series to include more than one. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do...

If we're talking about YagaKimi, I remember 4 such scenes (3 of them also in anime)... but whatever, I'm just gonna assume you made a joke...

'cause they're not gay

The ultimate insult on Dynasty Reader: calling someone NOT gay.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4364646397717223#

I should be hyped for Yuu and Touko, but instead I’m hyped because we’ll get a little more of Midori and Manaka. Nakatani-sensei knows her public so well...

I shed a single tear when I saw this. The evidence is so overwhelming now that I don't even need to be able to understand moonrunes. Their interactions radiate 600 gigawatts of gay per panel. Midori x Manaka endgame is everything!

last edited at Apr 25, 2019 4:36PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4364646397717223#

I should be hyped for Yuu and Touko, but instead I’m hyped because we’ll get a little more of Midori and Manaka. Nakatani-sensei knows her public so well...

I shed a single tear when I saw this. The evidence is so overwhelming now that I don't even need to be able to understand moonrunes. Their interactions radiate 600 gigawatts of gay per panel. Midori x Manaka endgame is everything!

OK, while I'm shipping them too, I kinda feel you're overhyping. I'm puting the gay radiation from their interactions at a smaller, yet still very powerful 480 GW.

EDIT:
Yes, it's the GW part of that post that I found overhyping.

EDIT:
Can we please get a MidorixManaka doujin? I'll even accept if it's nothing but plain text with no pictures.

last edited at Apr 25, 2019 5:04PM

joined Aug 26, 2015

I wouldn't call Bloom Into You overrated. My issue with it is more that while it's very well executed, it still only tells a very typical story I read many times before, so despite it nuance, I lost my interest in reading it. I really wish it would go different route and explore some new grounds, while still being as well written as it's now. And yes, I'm fully aware it all boils down to me setting some expectations and story not meeting them. I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I feel like reading that kind of generic plot again.

When I first saw this manga I wasn't so into it because I thought it was a weird plot that might have some "het" tag later. When I saw it was going to get an anime version I gave it another shot and I was pleasantly surprised with the writing and development of their relationship. I think it was ground breaking to me, how you see Yuu and everyone evolve. I am so excited for the stage!

Fad8970e-c901-4004-bae1-4e5d013b5424
joined Jan 19, 2019

OK, while I'm shipping them too, I kinda feel you're overhyping. I'm puting the gay radiation from their interactions at a smaller, yet still very powerful 480 GW.
EDIT:
Yes, it's the GW part of that post that I found overhyping.

Never change, BV.

It’s so good when even the secondary pairs have so good chemistry that they’re able to obfuscate even the already incredible main pair. YES, Midori x Manaka OTP, Riko-sensei x Miyako OTP!

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Who are Midori and Manaka?

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Touko and Sayaka's classmates, as featured in the Kyoto chapter.

Fad8970e-c901-4004-bae1-4e5d013b5424
joined Jan 19, 2019

Think about Yuzu and Mei if they ever had realistic high school girls proportions, and if Mei were able to be serious and down to earth without being an emotionless robot. And imagine if she was likable. She and what seems like her polar opposite have a very close relationship despite their many differences because they both care about one another and their dynamic is nothing less than one of an adorable old couple.
As far as we’ve seen them, these are Midori and Manaka.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Excuse you? They are only the most prolific stealth couple of this entire series! Nakatani has transcended subtlety and reached a new dimension of subliminal messaging with Midori and Manaka.
They might be portrayed as just Touko's and Sayaka's classmates/friends, but in truth they are the central heart of gayness in this entire story. Before Touko fell for Yuu's indifference, nay, before Sayaka had a gay relapse from seeing Touko's amazing, erm... assets, there was already this pair lurking in the back. I will go so far as to say that they are probably childhood friends that already loved each other before Miyako and Riko met at college.

That is who they are.

last edited at Apr 26, 2019 8:09AM

joined Oct 11, 2018

Actually, in yuri manga there can be more than one kissing scene: so long as the main characters do not admit to being in love when they're kissing (Sakura Trick, for example. They were just being, 'special friends'). Only 1 love kiss allowed.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017
joined Oct 22, 2018

RAWS are out! http://tieba.baidu.com/photo/p?kw=%E7%BB%88%E5%B0%86%E6%88%90%E4%B8%BA%E4%BD%A0&flux=1&tid=6113961782&pic_id=589fd202918fa0ecac8e4e50289759ee3c6ddbf6&pn=1&fp=2&see_lz=1&red_tag=a2146507031&fbclid=IwAR3JS7dxI2JjR8VWzMsY_2nL6iszGceQmuHifcrhUEvGvWI8vJNmm042G_0

Haven't bothered to enter the link, but I thought this should be out on 27th, so... I guess I gotta repeat the meme from earlier to show how I reacted to that. Also, to delete the previous post I used that meme in.

EDIT:
OK, now I've acually gone through the raws (despite not being able to read Japanese), but I clearly saw that there were several callbacks to earlier chapters, some as brief flashback images, and others as new scenes that look like repeats of earlier chapters (most notably the way they held hands at one scene being the same they did in chapter 1!).
Was it great?

last edited at Apr 26, 2019 1:06PM

Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

RAWS are out! http://tieba.baidu.com/photo/p?kw=%E7%BB%88%E5%B0%86%E6%88%90%E4%B8%BA%E4%BD%A0&flux=1&tid=6113961782&pic_id=589fd202918fa0ecac8e4e50289759ee3c6ddbf6&pn=1&fp=2&see_lz=1&red_tag=a2146507031&fbclid=IwAR3JS7dxI2JjR8VWzMsY_2nL6iszGceQmuHifcrhUEvGvWI8vJNmm042G_0

Haven't bothered to enter the link, but I thought this should be out on 27th, so... I guess I gotta repeat the meme from earlier to show how I reacted to that. Also, to delete the previous post I used that meme in.
(https://i.redd.it/f46azqiqcg411.jpg)

It's the 27th in Japan

last edited at Apr 26, 2019 2:29PM by Nezchan

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

BugDevil posted:

Excuse you? They are only the most prolific stealth couple of this entire series! Nakatani has transcended subtlety and reached a new dimension of subliminal messaging with Midori and Manaka.
They might be portrayed as just Touko's and Sayaka's classmates/friends, but in truth they are the central heart of gayness in this entire story. Before Touko fell for Yuu's indifference, nay, before Sayaka had a gay relapse from seeing Touko's amazing, erm... assets, there was already this pair lurking in the back. I will go so far as to say that they are probably childhood friends that already loved each other before Miyako and Riko met at college.

That is who they are.

I totally know who they are but can you post a picture for those who don't remember? I'm on my phone you see so it's difficult ... and my network is really bad, also I injured my hand saving a puppy from the river so it hurts to type, but it hurts me more not being able to help them ugghh

last edited at Apr 26, 2019 1:35PM

joined Oct 11, 2018

So how long do you reckon the translation will take?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I totally know who they are but can you post a picture for those who don't remember? I'm on my phone you see so it's difficult ... and my network is really bad, also I injured my hand saving a puppy from the river so it hurts to type, but it hurts me more not being able to help them ugghh

For your commendable bravery in puppy rescue, I shall assist thee.

These are the offenders officer.

Ryokoayeka2
joined Sep 6, 2017

I could not agree more, Blastaar.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Me and Patrasche (the name of the puppy) are grateful for your help, Bug devil san, hmmmm yes... They look just as I remember.

To reply you must either login or sign up.