Forum › Posts by GayPanda

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

My life is complete.

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

I feel like I could write a thesis on how good this series is. Like, not even in a "I'm a big fan" way. I think Bloom Into You is one of the best stories I've ever read. Like, nothing to do with the yuri (although that is a nice bonus), it is the natural progressions, dilemmas, and conflicts of the characters that makes it just so well seasoned and worthy of praise.

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

Don't fall for married girls.

Just try to avoid romantic interest in taken people in general, married or no. It's not fun to be cheated on :(

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

Yas I can't wait to see that lewd hand holding.

Handholding leads to pregnancy

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

Perfect ending coming to a perfect series. I hope that when this is over it will inspire more Mangaka to make yuri.

Please, I'm desperate, I've read all I could find.

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

You know what I love about the latest chapter? The biggest theme I've seen is change and this new chapter exemplifies it to a T. It's so nice to see a story where the characters get over their fear of change and in that end up being happier and embracing the changes of both each other and themselves. MM. I love it.

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

Is this the last chapter? Feels like a conclusion to me...

I take your meaning, but that last page would be a total troll ending to the whole series.

How I want to end

Panel 1.. Yuu wake up, hair down, stretching
Panel 2.. Yuu looks down and realising she is naked.
Panel 3.. Looks across at equally naked Touko
Panel 4.. Yuu turns bright red with steam coming out of ears as memory of night before returns.

:-)

Would be the best ending to any Yuri manga ever.

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

So how long do you reckon the translation will take?

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

We've already had a kissing scene, and it is against the law for a yuri series to include more than one. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do...
Actually, in yuri manga there can be more than one kissing scene: so long as the main characters do not admit to being in love when they're kissing (Sakura Trick, for example. They were just being, 'special friends'). Only 1 love kiss allowed.

GayPanda
Image Comments 26 Apr 08:09
joined Oct 11, 2018
D1enn-vxgausfgs

Second comment best comment

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

I wonder how original romance stories can be these days, with basically every possible trope done already, it seems authors can only make their stories more creative by adding elements that make those tropes interesting and charming.
As for yuri as a genre, I think there could be more variety plot-wise if the setting is changed. I for once would love to read fantasy yuri, or maho shoujo, anything but high school setting. We have plenty of series like that but the romance between girls is either a secondary aspect or is kept on subtext forever. Murcielago is one of the few exceptions~

I agree with this whole-heartedly. The lack of variety in setting has gotten to the point where I was just excited to see that Bloom Into You wasn't taking place in an ALL GIRLS school. There are a few yuri that take place in different settings, most of them are relatively new and incomplete though, and those that are older seem relatively short and somewhat sloppy. I think the future of yuri looks bright though!

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

I wouldn't call Bloom Into You overrated. My issue with it is more that while it's very well executed, it still only tells a very typical story I read many times before, so despite it nuance, I lost my interest in reading it. I really wish it would go different route and explore some new grounds, while still being as well written as it's now. And yes, I'm fully aware it all boils down to me setting some expectations and story not meeting them. I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I feel like reading that kind of generic plot again.

Mmm, I can see what you mean. Yuri tends to have very clear cut character archetypes. I will say the idea of, "I can't fall in love," is a considerably atypical motivation for the story (I had only seen something similar briefly mentioned in another manga. And I mean like 'one line' brief) and the way Sayaka plays into the relationship is actually pretty unique too. You're right when you say the character archetypes are typical, or even the plot, however I think the subversion of expectations in many places in said plot are actually what separates it. I've already mentioned the character motivations, but it's also quite refreshing to see side characters affecting the main plot (rather than just stealing chapters for themselves with no baring on how they will further engage with the story)
You're right when you say we've seen all the building blocks here before in MANY other yuri manga, but I'm not sure I would call the whole story typical.
(Then again I've read so many yuri manga at this point I may have blinded myself lol)

GayPanda
Image Comments 16 Apr 15:21
joined Oct 11, 2018
Dtqljazuuaaisdv

First comment best comment

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

I don't know if i can make it til another chapter guys. Uploads have been fairly consistent but I fear my dependence on this manga has become too severe. If I die of withdrawal symptoms before the next chapter comes out, I insist you write what happens on my tombstone so that I may read it as a ghost.

last edited at Mar 3, 2019 4:35PM

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

Okay. No spoilers here, just wanted to say that the new chapter made me very happy and satisfied.
The themes in this story are so heavy and satisfying, I feel physically stronger after reading every chapter.
It's like going weightlifting where each chapter is a single rep. It's satisfying to see that one finish, but you want to hurry on to the next one and make them gains.
Weird comparison?

GayPanda
Image Comments 31 Jan 14:46
joined Oct 11, 2018
72877544_p0

^ why do you do this to me?

GayPanda
Image Comments 24 Jan 00:05
joined Oct 11, 2018
Dxsogeqvaaaw1qv-orig

I call heresy.

GayPanda
Image Comments 09 Jan 17:46
joined Oct 11, 2018
72310054_p0

I think I just died of laughter.

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

Called it first: the play WAS meta, which means the ending is already set: Touko chooses the 3rd path and end up with neither Yuu nor Sayaka. Everyone moves on happily as friends. The end. No hot makeout scene ;__;

If this happens it will be the most successful troll in the history of trolling.

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

Just saw this on Reddit, it's strangely relevant
https://www.reddit.com/r/YagateKiminiNaru/comments/ac5kc0/without_yuu_vs_with_yuu_just_a_cool_thing_i/

This reminds me of the, "Your pupil expands when looking at something you love" meme.

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

First, since the author is Japanese, I think that you saying "tsume-shogi" would've been more appropriate than "checkmate". Second, there is no checkmate or tsume-shogi that anyone in this thread can put someone else into (at this point, anyway).

The checkmate was more tongue-in-cheek than anything.

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

Half of my heart is screaming and the other half is crying so damn much

Most relatable post this year!

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

Look, guys, let's just cut the middle man here. Touko rejects Sayaka and saddened Sayaka decides to turn to a friend. She ends up turning to Yuu because of how close she observed the two being, and they explain their situations to each other. One thing leads to another and BAM, Yuu x Sayaka ending. Checkmate, all of you.

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

Personally, I don't get the Sayaka craze that's happening right now. I can potentially see a future in which the confession is initially accepted as part of an arc, but I can't see a Sayaka ending. Here's why:

Touko's main problem with love is related to the concept of change; how loving someone means that you love how they are then and may not love how they will be. Yuu's confession was one that was brought about BY Touko changing, evolving and developing as a person, something that Yuu helped facilitate. After Yuu was rejected, Touko explains that Yuu has changed and is therefore no longer special, and yet she misses her in spite of her misguided beliefs of love. Yuu, and Touko's relationship with Yuu is completely contrary to Touko's beliefs about love. Touko believes love is conditional and binding, stagnating to one's personality, but her relationship with Yuu shows that love persists through change. At least, that's what I've seen.

Sayaka's confession seems to validate Touko's views on love. Sayaka's confession is very similar to the girlfriend act in the play. While yes, it did end happily there, Sayaka seems to be showing exactly what Touko fears about love. Where she says she loves everything about Touko, she's saying, "I love everything I KNOW about you," displaying to Touko that it's the front Sayaka loves. Even if Sayaka knows more than most, she still doesn't know everything. "I love the you that you show me. And since what I am shown is subject to change, so is my love," is probably what Touko hears.

Like I said, I can actually see Touko accepting Sayaka's confession as part of an arc. Touko's attempt to normalize her life and allow herself to further develop her own identity. Ultimately though, I see any romantic involvement with Sayaka ending poorly. They will, of course be friends in the end, but as romantic partners I find this pairing anti-thematic.

last edited at Jan 2, 2019 4:24PM

GayPanda
joined Oct 11, 2018

I made some quick Bloom Into You fanart and since I don't really have an art account that is related to cute anime content, I thought I could at least show it here:

-> https://imgur.com/a/m4Bq584

It's been ages since I drew cute stuff... D:

A bit surprised to see Citrus so low though.

God I hated the anime...
Especially the music. It made me super uncomfortable for some reason. <_<
The only episode I somewhat enjoyed was the last one.

Cute fanart! Love it!

And as a side note, the Citrus anime is way more uncomfortable than the manga. The manga still made me a little squirmy, but it gets way better. The anime made certain scenes a lot longer than they were in the manga, like their first kiss scene. Animated it was pretty rape-y not gonna lie.

last edited at Dec 10, 2018 3:32PM