Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

On the flip side, using your same argument, if the girl in the picture was Hayama, wouldn’t she have been able to recognize her to some degree as well? But again, this is the first time Tarumizu’s ever seen any of them, so it’s reasonable enough to expect that she wouldn’t be able to recognize any of them right off the bat.

Well, she did recognize Hayama right away though. I don't see any indication that she didn't know how she looked. Seeing how she knew the "Sunset Girl" photo beforehand, it would be weird to ask "Is that you in the photo?" if she already knew what Hayama looked like. If it is Hayama, basically MC has no reason to ask. If it is not Hayama, then she didn't seem to care who it was.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

That popsicle-sharing scene...

I give this manga a

rating.

There wasn't any nudity, or profanity, or violence, but I don't care. The lewdness of that scene was off the scale. It's not for the eyes of children, nope nope.

There was even a little bit of -- gasp -- handholding!!!

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

On the flip side, using your same argument, if the girl in the picture was Hayama, wouldn’t she have been able to recognize her to some degree as well? But again, this is the first time Tarumizu’s ever seen any of them, so it’s reasonable enough to expect that she wouldn’t be able to recognize any of them right off the bat.

Well, she did recognize Hayama right away though. I don't see any indication that she didn't know how she looked. Seeing how she knew the "Sunset Girl" photo beforehand, it would be weird to ask "Is that you in the photo?" if she already knew what Hayama looked like. If it is Hayama, basically MC has no reason to ask. If it is not Hayama, then she didn't seem to care who it was.

There is also no indication that Tarumizu knew what Hayama looked like before meeting her. She could’ve just assumed, considering Hayama was the only person in the club room. Tarumizu transferred to join Hayama’s photography club, so if there’s only one person in the room, that was probably her only guess.

Anyway, this is all just an argument to prove that it isn’t Hayama, and while it seems like we’re just picking at the straws for clues, I’m hesitant to believe it is her, or that her being the “Sunset Girl” would impact the story at all (or at least, compared to Amane being the girl instead).

And I do think the “Sunset Girl” photo is important to the story since it was brought up and Tarumizu specifically asked about it. Hayama also followed up commenting on her slump, and the year it was taken seems to add up with Amane and Nene’s middle school years, so I remain skeptical of it.

I personally still think there’s more evidence pointing towards it being Amane than Hayama (plot wise), or even more unlikely, a third-party might be involved. There is less reason for Hayama to be involved in this drama if she has no connection to Amane and Nene, and this may be it.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

There is also no indication that Tarumizu knew what Hayama looked like before meeting her. She could’ve just assumed, considering Hayama was the only person in the club room. Tarumizu transferred to join Hayama’s photography club, so if there’s only one person in the room, that was probably her only guess.

Anyway, this is all just an argument to prove that it isn’t Hayama, and while it seems like we’re just picking at the straws for clues, I’m hesitant to believe it is her, or that her being the “Sunset Girl” would impact the story at all (or at least, compared to Amane being the girl instead).

And I do think the “Sunset Girl” photo is important to the story since it was brought up and Tarumizu specifically asked about it. Hayama also followed up commenting on her slump, and the year it was taken seems to add up with Amane and Nene’s middle school years, so I remain skeptical of it.

I personally still think there’s more evidence pointing towards it being Amane than Hayama (plot wise), or even more unlikely, a third-party might be involved. There is less reason for Hayama to be involved in this drama if she has no connection to Amane and Nene, and this may be it.

Okay, but if she adores her work so much how likely is it that she never saw a interview with a photo of her? Just a process of elimination really.

Alright, then let's flip it on its head. What if that photo was not taken by Hayama? What if Hayama is the model in the photo, but the photographer is Amane for example? That would make it relevant for the plot and also give a reason why she seems so slumped over it. If she used a picture she didnt even shoot herself and won it could really hit her motivation.

I just want to add that Hayama does not need to be extremely connected to Amane and Nene to be relevant. I can already tell that this story will follow several pairings. If MC and Hayama are actually going to be the main couple of the story then there will be plenty of focus on her either way.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 3:49PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm reasonably certain that the "Sunset Girl" is none of the girls we've met so far, although I'm quite willing to wait and see what the story tells us on that score.

If it is someone else, then I suspect it's probably Hayama's ex and the breakup with her is what led to her creative drought. But we'll see.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

If it is someone else, then I suspect it's probably Hayama's ex and the breakup with her is what led to her creative drought. But we'll see.

My thoughts exactly

Received_468649373647826
joined May 24, 2015

If this going to be love triangle im gonna drop it

joined Jul 26, 2016

The wildly inconsistent existence of Amane's bracelets keeps bothering me... >_>

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

If this going to be love triangle im gonna drop it

Doesn't feel like it at all. Feels more like a story of 2 sweethearts who drifted apart for some reason, but will become close again thanks to the help of camera girl.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 10:43PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Definitely keeping an eye on this one. The pacing was breakneck, but it was still easy enough to follow. The "winner" popsicle stick was such a cheesy little detail that I couldn't help but love it.
I kinda hope the only romantic relationship will be between the exes, at least until they inevitably get back together, and that there aren't many more characters introduced. I don't want the story to lose focus and become stagnant from juggling a bunch of minor characters' relationships.

... Though I certainly wouldn't be against it if the story is more about camera girl playing cupid for various couples, Kindred Spirits on the Roof style, especially if she does it unintentionally. She sort of strikes me as the type who's so enthusiastic about their hobby that they forget that actions have consequences. Something like "Oh, they were girlfriends? That must be why they have such great synergy! I bet I'd be able to get even better photos if I got them back together!"

and I'm all-in on Teacher x Austin.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 11:48PM

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Lovely start, hope to see more.

joined Apr 23, 2019

I do agree with this. I also find it interesting how Hayama addresses Amane without honorifics and Nene with a "-chan", iirc (but please do correct me if I'm wrong) dropping the honorifics when calling someone's name is akin to being close to that person enough to have the privilege to do so.

I do believe that Hayama is close to Amane to some extent, maybe on a friendly level of a sort? Because I am questioning how she knows that the two dated back in middle school, from how Nene acts, she seems like the type to be private about such things so I doubt they'd act like lovers openly around people unless alone or in a different place away from home. The only thing I can think of on how Hayama would know if it's Amane who tells her about it because Amane seems like type to do so.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hayama might be the indirect reason why the two broke up, but that's an idea that's stretching things too far so it might be about the "Sunset Girl" photo. And since I'm already saying this, I might as well throw out the idea that maybe Hayama likes Amane, I won't be surprised if she does, because some things will make sense if she does happen to like her.

Tbh, with the way Nene acts around Amane, I'm not sure if they'll even get together, that'll probably take a lot of time and a really good push and I'm not so sure if Nene's feelings are even intact unlike Amane's from what I see. I won't be surprised if Nene even starts to like Tarumizu.

I do know is that something's very fishy about Hayama and I can feel the "evil" aura from her.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Dang. I was just mentally venting about all the relationship angles that are never covered in the Yuri I manage to find and whadya know?! Ex-girlfriends!

Use to wonder how much thought people put into the fact that marceline and bubble gum were ex(allegedly at the time. Confirmed later) Meaning NOT togetger. Everyone seemed as a happy as if they were dating. I was happy they were happy but there was suppose to be a difference. Heh.

Anyone make the camera. detectes Yuri joke yet?

last edited at Apr 24, 2019 3:09AM

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Really promising

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Dang. I was just mentally venting about all the relationship angles that are never covered in the Yuri I manage to find and whadya know?! Ex-girlfriends!

This is like 6th time someone's said that, so I want to point out that ex-girlfriends are nothing revolutionary in yuri. There are a bunch of stories that focus on that. Whether it's the main couple or (far more often) a side-couple.
Like an entire arc in AnoKIss was devoted to a couple getting back together after a break up, for example.

last edited at Apr 24, 2019 3:24AM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This is like 6th time someone's said that, so I want to point out that ex-girlfriends are nothing revolutionary in yuri. There are a bunch of stories that focus on that. Whether it's the main couple or (far more often) a side-couple.
Like an entire arc in AnoKIss was devoted to a couple getting back together after a break up, for example.

I wonder if they are more common in stuff tagged with things I won't read . . .

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I wonder if they are more common in stuff tagged with things I won't read . . .

I can't say. We all have our own little bubbles. Like in another thread people acted like there are no tomboy stories where the tomboy isn't trying to become girly, even though I read far more "she is the high-school prince" stories than reversals of it.
Even with something as niche as yuri, we already have insane amounts of stories to pull from, so everything you can imagine has already been attempted at least.

last edited at Apr 24, 2019 3:41AM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

What if the 'Sunset Girl' is the teacher?

joined Apr 23, 2019

What if the 'Sunset Girl' is the teacher?

Hmm, maybe? I mean how the bangs are swept is pretty close to how the girl in the photo is, but she doesn't have a mole below her eye (maybe make up huh) and maybe sensei got a tan 2 years after the picture was taken....is what would be the reasoning for some features differing from that girl to sensei (apart from also the obvious hair length difference and all.).

There's really a lot of possibilities, it'll be amusing to find out what the actual answers are.

If we're on bets for this specific topic, I'm getting on the Sunset Girl being Amane. Not like I lose anything from betting on her. =))

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If we're on bets for this specific topic, I'm getting on the Sunset Girl being Amane. Not like I lose anything from betting on her. =))

I’m telling ya, my Dynasty Tout Board idea is looking better all the time.

5 lilies on Sunset Girl being a character we have yet to see in the flesh.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Licking the same ice-cream is a really common romance trope, especially in het stories

Yes indeed. The most yuri thing I have ever seen. Hopefully all photoshoots will be this interesting.

joined Apr 23, 2019

The most yuri thing I have ever seen.

If this manga will be like the other ones that censor any kissing scenes that may happen in the future, then yes, this is the most yuri thing I'll see on this manga.

joined Jul 23, 2017

Hope it continues well ❀.*・゚✿゜:。*⸜(* ॑꒳ ॑* )⸝⋆*

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

If this manga will be like the other ones that censor any kissing scenes that may happen in the future, then yes, this is the most yuri thing I'll see on this manga.

Like what other ones..? From this artist? I haven't seen a censored yuri kiss in months...
I did see a censored kiss in Kaguya-sama though. That was BS.

last edited at Apr 24, 2019 1:43PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

The chapter ends so abruptly it didn't even say it ended

Like what other ones..? From this artist? I haven't seen a censored yuri kiss in months...
I did see a censored kiss in Kaguya-sama though. That was BS.

Didn't even expect there to be a kiss in Kaguya to begin with.

last edited at Apr 24, 2019 2:15PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.