Forum › Adachi and Shimamura discussion

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I liked a lot this latest chapter, this manga is taking a good direction.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Fellas, is it gay to dream about kissing your gal pal?

Not if you say no homo.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

I diagnose you with gay.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Felloffalot posted:

According to the circumstances of course, apparently if you have a timer, you have to wait for the very last minute to make it hohomo hahaha

But yeah, denial like this is cute .... if it's done RIGHT O_O)

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Oof. As someone pretty much refuses to socialize in real life . . . that statement about casting a line . . . hitting close to home.

Something else about the level of introspection in this story is so SO good. Makes many other characters in yuri feel I don't know, seem like bigger air heads than the tall and short friends in this story

Who knew id be taking life advice from a person in a space suit and from the future?

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Not if you say no homo.

Kiss your homies before you sleep~
If there's no tounge~
That make you weak~

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Ha! This chapter is by far my favorite. I love that it changed to Adachi's perspective and we immediately get confirmation that she does have a crush on Shima. Adachi is crazy levels of adorable.

Pffft, there's no way that she could have a crush on Shimamura! She just wants to kiss, that's all! Nothin' gay about dreaming of kissing your friend, no sirree! They're just gal pals, through and through!

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Well if you really want to get technical, equating kisses to romance is probably a social construct. It is relatively intimate (compared to a lot of other displays of affection), but lovers don't have a monopoly on intimacy. I could see friends kiss depending on their emotional intimacy. Or family members. Really anyone who has (or wants) emotional intimacy with someone could want to have some extent of physical intimacy.

... But that being said, Adachi was being pretty dang super gay.

last edited at Apr 15, 2019 2:02AM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Seeing it from Adachi's POV (ch5) was so different from what I expected, I didn't even recognize the story at first.

Yeah, Adachi's POV has a faster pace. For her, everything is happening at once.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

i think i prefer it from her point of view over shimamuras

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks so much for all work you're doing, sneikkimies! You're amazing!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Suggestion to make useless lesbian a real tag lo/
I've never seem someone going so derailed hahaha
This chapter was really awesome, like in the most funny and fluffy way

last edited at Apr 19, 2019 11:19PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Wow, the manga really abridged the Adachi running away scene
Did the main manga cut out those scenes that were used in the 4komas? I didn't notice.

And who is that girl in the end, Chikuma?

last edited at Apr 20, 2019 12:04AM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

USELESS LESBIANS INTENSIFIES

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Adachi: sweating and panting up a storm “I love you.” fucking books it
Shimamura: “I see nothing odd about this turn of events.”
Adachi you poor useless Morosexual. It’s gonna take full on locking tongues to get through to this blockhead, and even then she might think you’re just being friendly. Also:

Adachi: Spots that the little sister is desperate for attention within 30 seconds of meeting her
Also Adachi: “What could this dream about sitting in my friend’s lap, who I have nothing but platonic feelings for, and making out with her mean? Oh, I must want to be closer friends. Yes. Closer. Like no one else could ever be. Just a friend whose every light touch makes my heart race.”

last edited at Apr 20, 2019 2:31AM

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Thanks so much for all work you're doing, sneikkimies! You're amazing!

Yes, bless. This series has been a bright spot in the already wonderful genre of yuri so far. Thanks, sneikkimies!

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Wow this last chapter looks so much like my love life - like me and every single het girl or even sometimes bi girl I crushed on... It hurts.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Shimamura is kind of dense, isn't she?

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Wow, the manga really abridged the Adachi running away scene
Did the main manga cut out those scenes that were used in the 4komas? I didn't notice.

My guess is it's the astronaut.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Aaaaaaaaaa. Stop messing with my feelings. Cry. Why didn't she hear that "I love you."?! Ugh. I really enjoy this manga.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

How is this any good with the same tropes hammered over and over and over?

This isn't any better than that "We can't draw love" trainwreck.

Does it start being original at some point?

last edited at Apr 20, 2019 6:58AM

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

How is this any good with the same tropes hammered over and over and over?

This isn't any better than that "We can't draw love" trainwreck.

Does it start being original at some point?

How is it anything like We Can't Draw Love? This story doesn't need to keep introducing new plot elements and unnecessary twists like that one. It doesn't try to go for big dramatic moments and baits us into concluding those plotlines either. It's just a story about a developing relationship of 2 girls. Both of which act really human which is commendable, unlike with We can't draw love and I for one enjoy that. It's fine if you don't like it, but comparing it to We can't draw love is ignorant if anything. Even if you were solely basing it on tropes, which I don't see in this one nearly as much as in that either.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

As nice as this was, the one thought that went through my head when the table tennis book was mentioned without ever actually showing it was "Ah, now I see why this version was cancelled...".

I assume so, yes.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Which part about two schoolgirls falling in love is original? It is in 99% of yuri. At this point it is just a given. Do you realize how utterly refreshing any other scenario is? And I mean it. "Any other".
Which part of the "I wanna kiss her but do friends do that?" is original?
Which part of one of them being oblivious to a sickening degree is original?
Which part of the confession not reaching is original? Is Japanese really that frigging bad for confessions? No wonder they're going extinct.

last edited at Apr 20, 2019 7:45AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^That's like saying yuri isn't original because it's in 100% of yuri. Sure, you can find common elements in a lot of stories, but you're entirely ignoring the actually original parts, like the quite unique personalities of the main characters that actually drive the story in rather uncommon directions, even if it happens in the usual schoolgirl yuri framework.

To reply you must either login or sign up.