Forum › Nanako from the Neighborhood discussion

S-l225
joined Feb 14, 2014

oooh some Nanako perspective at the end of this chapter. my gay heart is hoping this becomes yuri one day. as hopeless as it may be to dream

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

House wife neighbor lady is beyond adorable. You can tell she loves taking care of the disheveled mangaka girl living next door. So the question is, "How long will it take for Shiro to stumble across some of some of Nanako's naughty manga that were inspired by her?"

last edited at Feb 28, 2019 10:07PM

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

oooh some Nanako perspective at the end of this chapter. my gay heart is hoping this becomes yuri one day. as hopeless as it may be to dream

Mangaupdates and several other sites have added the yuri tag to it. But they also have the romance tag included, so we will just have to wait and see if those tags become accurate.

joined Jul 26, 2016

House wife neighbor lady is beyond adorable. You can tell she loves taking care of the disheveled mangaka girl living next door.

To be fair Shirokuma is a dangerously huggable little critter.

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

I like it even though I don't know wat de fuk is going on :v

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This is missing a Yuri crush tag

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

House wife neighbor lady is beyond adorable. You can tell she loves taking care of the disheveled mangaka girl living next door.

it's funny you should say that. I was thinking the same thing about Nanako...

edit: also this chapter was surprisingly not depressing considering the chapter's title. It was really cool seeing people supporting her more than "hey, be less sad!" I mean, Nanako *sort *of did, but if someone told me that by cooking whatever I wanted I'd be fine with it. Also the little girl giving Shirokuma her snack was so incredibly nice. Are kids really that thoughtful in Japan or is this just a manga thing?

last edited at Mar 1, 2019 1:17AM

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

i'd be really glad if she cheated on her husband and live with the mangaka girl i'm not even sorry for it..

18e
joined Aug 16, 2017

is this yuri ? ;w;

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

i'd be really glad if she cheated on her husband and live with the mangaka girl i'm not even sorry for it...

Somebody would have to make the first move, though... and I'm not sure how such a situation could reasonably come to pass.

Perhaps something about Shirokuma needing reference material for a yuri sex scene?

joined Jul 26, 2016

it's funny you should say that. I was thinking the same thing about Nanako...

Fair enough, though unlike Shiro Nanako cannot in good conscience be described as "small"... in, uh, more than one sense too. 3_3 ( . )( . )

edit: also this chapter was surprisingly not depressing considering the chapter's title. It was really cool seeing people supporting her more than "hey, be less sad!" I mean, Nanako *sort *of did, but if someone told me that by cooking whatever I wanted I'd be fine with it.

A hot meal and good company can certainly work wonders to improve someone's mood; and whereas "snap out of it" is an useless (and often downright insulting) zero-effort platitude something like cooking a meal is a concrete and unmistakable display of sympathy and personal investement.

last edited at Mar 1, 2019 12:16PM

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Damn this is worst than subtext

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

So are we gonna have to wait another 3-4 months?

Also she might just be determined to help her because she was kind of a delinquent or something of the short according to chapter 3

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

This is awesome.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Mangaka girl wears bear panties or thongs and a shirt that shows off her panties and nothing else. Nanako is getting as much fan-service as Mangaka girl is. Mangaka girl is her legal loli neighbor that she can touch any way she wants, at will.

ParasyticGhoul
Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

Could totally see Tomoko and Asuka in this kind of situation when they become adults.

ParasyticGhoul
Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

I didn't know people here are so salty about some normie stuff like having a husband. This manga doesn't even have the tag yuri and people are already saying how disappointing and shitty this manga is just from judging based on their own personal preferences.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I'm not one to generally care about tags here (aside from the feet one, which I typically avoid), but did this always have a yuri crush one attached to it? I just don't see this as a crush. It's more like, "waaah, Nanako-san is so cute!" versus "-blush- Nanako-san is so cute, doki doki."
It made sense in my head.

Img_20190418_023052-min
joined Mar 16, 2019

The first page, it couldn't be more true. Gacha games come first, work and real life stuffs later. Like, for example, when you did 60 pulls from a game and got absolutely nothing, how can you give a fk about real life stuff when you don't even want to live anymore? - A
typical summoners wars & HI3rd player.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I'm not one to generally care about tags here (aside from the feet one, which I typically avoid), but did this always have a yuri crush one attached to it? I just don't see this as a crush. It's more like, "waaah, Nanako-san is so cute!" versus "-blush- Nanako-san is so cute, doki doki."
It made sense in my head.

Yeah the yuri crush tag seems to be new. Also I agree, this doesn't feel like yuri crush but more like a platonic or non-romantic love. Apart from maybe that 1 panel on chapter 1, Shirokuma doesn't show any indication of being bothered by the fact that Nanako is married to someone else. If anything she actually seems to enjoy the fact that Nanako is a housewife.

joined Jul 26, 2016

If anything she actually seems to enjoy the fact that Nanako is a housewife.

You sure that's not just Her Fetish™...?

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

DAT first page of comments hating on nanako having a husband/men being in the manga cracked me up, perhaps NTR later, perhaps not (heheh now that would get some haters a posting!) pretty sure its a lighthearted gag comedy manga tho so its not like serious shits going down. For real tho, every neighborhood needs a nanako.... Well mine at least blush

last edited at Apr 15, 2019 7:00AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This series is so great lol
I kinda wish Nanako didn't have a husband tho

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

All I understood was that it's been a year like this... So it's unrequited love and going by the name I doubt it's gonna change T-T like, I really want her to have a wife herself or see if there's someone else (but again... the name), what if we get "Sorry, I can't help you because I'm pregnant now" that's gonna look so cruel... But yeah, she doesn't seem like the type who would go around looking for a GF anyway so [loud sigh]

joined Apr 29, 2018

, what if we get "Sorry, I can't help you because I'm pregnant now" that's gonna look so cruel...

why the "what if" obviously that's what going to happen there's no reason. you should have known from the moment the husband was "introduced" to the reader anyway. yuri died at this moment.

last edited at Apr 15, 2019 8:27AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.