Forum › Nanako from the Neighborhood discussion

joined Jul 12, 2018

this is getting worse and worse. as for the shitty husband obviously the author wait the right moment to make him appears. i don't see why nanako would fake having a husband. this make no sense. face it! yuri died since the first chapter and this time there WON'T BE a miracle. plus the ring prove the husband to be real. if you look carefully you can clearly see the ring on her hand in chapter 3. there's no doubt IT'S TRUE.

last edited at Nov 15, 2018 8:53PM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Boy, the author really does like shoving Nanako is in a loving marriage into our faces

It's more like a mother/daughter or sister relationship than anything else

joined Jul 12, 2018

Boy, the author really does like shoving Nanako is in a loving marriage into our faces

It's more like a mother/daughter or sister relationship than anything else

agree. those who are expecting something good. well... you're just wasting your time.

last edited at Nov 15, 2018 8:58PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Its cute. Not really expecting yuri, but who knows...

joined Jun 30, 2016

Ohh look at that, she was really different in the past.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

They admit the NTR possibility.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This should be tagged at least Yuri Crush.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

B-but she's someone else's wife T.T they're not showing him so i'll just enjoy their moments together. I'm hoping for an NTR to happen. XD

last edited at Nov 16, 2018 12:37AM

joined Apr 12, 2015

What a troublesome person Shiro smth is. It's cute how Nanako spoils her though.

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I think it's best to go into this one not expecting a romance. If that changes, then yay! (and I like the fake husband theories people came up with; if that's not what's happening here it would at least make a good premise on it's own) But expecting it upfront when Occam's razor indicates otherwise will likely lead to disappointment.
I'm interested in seeing where this dynamic leads.

joined Nov 14, 2013

Hmm... whoever is smoking in that flashback panel (probably Shirokuma but hard to say?) has a large bandage on their cheek as well, which is probably some setup for some upcoming angsty backstory.

Img_20180401_104003
joined Nov 26, 2017

DAMN NANAKO!! NEED ONE NANAKO RIGHT NOW

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Can't wait to see what kind of person Shirokuma was in the past.
Was she a delinquent?
And Nanako was as awesome as usual.

C21km3f(1)
joined Jun 6, 2017

No yuri tag well it's comedy so it's ok

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I do identify with the MC so much.

Do your best, Shirokuma-chan!

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

DAMN NANAKO!! NEED ONE NANAKO RIGHT NOW

You can't have her. Nanako is my waifu.

joined Jul 26, 2016

...is that you, Kimura-sensei?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Huh huh huh. ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º )

joined Feb 23, 2016

I’m very intruiged by the old her.. i want to see!!

last edited at Nov 16, 2018 6:59PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Sad. Either route this manga goes is bad. Unrequited lesbian love vs. Wife who cheats. Meh.

Then the Wife Who Cheats agrees to elope with you, and, when she asks where the two of you should go, your reply is: "To the Moon."

I wonder how many of y'all can identify that reference. ^.^

You are referring to Jacky Gleason's famous euphemism for beating his wife Alice. Dark, but kinda funny

On a happier note. I really like this manga. Its adorable and it's somewhat fresh to see a non-bitter story of unrequited love.

last edited at Nov 16, 2018 7:20PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Sad. Either route this manga goes is bad. Unrequited lesbian love vs. Wife who cheats. Meh.

Then the Wife Who Cheats agrees to elope with you, and, when she asks where the two of you should go, your reply is: "To the Moon."

You are referring to Jacky Gleason's famous euphemism for beating his wife Alice. Dark, but kinda funny.

I believe she's referring to "Fly me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra and Count Basie, which was also the ending song of Evangelion (sung by the girls in the cast, a different version every episode). The song is about absolute love, quite fitting for Mikage/Suwako's story of love triumphing over political correct clichés and prejudiced fake wisdom.

joined Jul 26, 2016

That's... one way to read that story I suppose.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

You are referring to Jacky Gleason's famous euphemism for beating his wife Alice. Dark, but kinda funny.

I believe she's referring to "Fly me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra and Count Basie, which was also the ending song of Evangelion.

To be perfectly honest, I just got the quote wrong. Tee hee.

Mikage's actual reply mentions outer space, not the Moon. I kinda misrecalled it -- probably because, since I watched the Sailor Moon anime, it's difficult for me not to associate the Moon with woman power and lesbian love.

432027e9-d7bf-4855-8947-d2e8c86accea
joined Jun 3, 2018

Reading chapter 2 again, and Nanako doesn’t seem to be wearing her wedding ring? It’s back on in chapter 3 though. Did the artist just forget or are we getting some foreshadowing?

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Reading chapter 2 again, and Nanako doesn’t seem to be wearing her wedding ring? It’s back on in chapter 3 though. Did the artist just forget or are we getting some foreshadowing?

In Japan many people don't really wear their wedding rings with any regularity. Some never wear them. It's not as big of a deal like it is in the West, where people pretty much freak out if you take your engagement or wedding ring off for no acceptable reason.

last edited at Feb 28, 2019 8:13PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.