Forum › Bright and Cheery Amnesia discussion

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Wow, Mari used to be way more chill.

Mari is still pretty chill, though. Honestly, chill is her main defining characteristic? She's the tsukkomi to Arisa's boke.

Nah, she's definitely different. Old Mari doesn't really react to anything, doesn't even care that someone's sniffing her panties, etc. New Mari will blush and get awkward at the drop of a hat. Probably because she spent time with Old Arisa, the super perv.
It's true that she (ironically) is the straight man, but Old Mari is deadpan, New Mari is embarrassed.

Eh, she gets embarassed when she's presented with public awkwardness, and she gets a little bashful when it comes to their actual relationship, but when it comes to stuff like nudity and underwear, she's usually been pretty relaxed and nonchalant about it.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch00#7 I mean the first chapter made this point pretty well.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch06#7 She also doesn't really care about or react to Arisa being nude unless the situation is intimate.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch06#13 Heck, even when Arisa had to help her bathe, she doesn't react at all until she literally has to touch her hoo-ha.

Also, she's not "sniffing her panties", she's reacting to the fact that there were panties in the stack of clothes Mari gave her, and Mari is just pointing out that they're unused, so she doesn't care. ;p

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

...Tamamusi is trolling us, isn't she? A flashback now? (Although it is cute)

last edited at Apr 7, 2019 2:35PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

...Tamamusi is trolling us, isn't she? A flashback now? (Although it is cute)

Although theoretically it might never have happened, Arisa getting her memory back has always been in the cards from the very first chapter.

Arisa getting so happy that she has yet another amnesia attack--*that* would feel like trolling to me. But seeing Present Arisa remember Old Arisa is something I've been looking forward to for a long time.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh well lol

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Lol, I rofl’ed at the last panel here:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch11#19

XDD

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Picsart_05-15-11.56.08%20(2)
joined Jun 17, 2018

if ya'll are looking for a cute manga with small flustered feelings in the air, this is just one of the best!!!!! >//// w ////< <3 <3 <3 <3

it's what we need in life thumbs up with a grin >//// w ////< <3 <3 <3 <3

last edited at Apr 20, 2019 12:17AM

joined Sep 6, 2016

I will say I kinda hoped she wouldn’t get her memory back, I think it’s super interesting to see her become the person she was before hand. She clearly changed a lot over those three years and I want to see her become that person again with a new dynamic. I could have worded this better but I’m sick and it 4:30 am for me

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

more more more more more more more more more more more more!!!!!!

Ich love Tamamusi!!!!!

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw the gushing about the undersides of bridges and was reminded of the puzzle piece bit from Yuyushiki.

last edited at Apr 30, 2019 8:17PM

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

I also subscribe to that "a job's a job" school of thought. More power to you if you have a passion, but I picked the most lucrative profession I could so I could go home and read manga/play video games on the weekends.

joined Jan 26, 2019

I would suspect she was a yandere if the manga started at this point

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

How do studios decide which manga to make into an anime?

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I would suspect she was a yandere if the manga started at this point

Yup. She's totally a stalker, just lucky Mari is very, very tolerant.

Also, structural welding for the win! I can weld okay but ended up studying electrical and working as maintenance mechanic (which is basically "just do everything okay"), if I had gone to a school with a full welding program I would have done it though. Stuff like that used to be done with stick, now I think they can use flux core, but the stuff I used to do was all smaller stuff with TIG and MIG.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I also subscribe to that "a job's a job" school of thought. More power to you if you have a passion, but I picked the most lucrative profession I could so I could go home and read manga/play video games on the weekends.

Ditto. My wife is more of the follow your passion type, and I've been the breadwinner for our entire relationship and she's constantly unhappy about how little she's able to contribute financially (I assure her it's no big deal, I mean we're a team, and we're comfortable, no sense in keeping score).

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw the gushing about the undersides of bridges and was reminded of the puzzle piece bit from Yuyushiki.

I thought there was some kind of sexual/Freudian subtext there but I didn't think about the Yuyushiki puzzle piece scene specifically.

joined Jan 7, 2019

I love these chapters showing the start of the relationship. Them just living out their daily lives is cute and all but getting to see their bond grow stronger to become what it is today is really nice (especially on Mari's end since she had already gone through that development when the manga started).

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

When I first saw that, for some reason or another, it just struck me as extremely gay even though it has nothing to do with being gay. I still though the same when I saw it again just now.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Ah, yes. That other series with an uber-gay MC.
It truly is a competition between Arisa from "Bright and Cheery Amnesia" and Sakurako from "A Room for Two" on who is the gayest.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Sakurako wins hand down just because she's not going "how do I even kiss a girl ?". She just freaking do it. -o-

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Arisa should stop the cocaïne.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Producers look at what's currently selling and/or polling well and what gaps they have in their programming schedules, and they try to find a popular series that fits a hole in their offerings. Once they've decided what they want, (shounen anime, late night seinen anime, etc) they start looking for manga that fit the mold. If they can't find one, they either broaden their niche or start looking into creating an original program. If an anime company has ties to a manga publisher, they might be more likely to pick something from what they have, but ultimately it depends more on what they're looking for. Sometimes, if a manga publisher is really confident about the popularity of a series, they might go courting anime publishers, but that's relatively unusual.

TLDR: They go looking for popular series that fit the mold of what they already want to publish.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Sakurako wins hand down just because she's not going "how do I even kiss a girl ?". She just freaking do it. -o-

Amnesia. Arisa's gay is so potent it WIPED HER MIND OF ALL ELSE.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Producers look at what's currently selling and/or polling well and what gaps they have in their programming schedules, and they try to find a popular series that fits a hole in their offerings. Once they've decided what they want, (shounen anime, late night seinen anime, etc) they start looking for manga that fit the mold. If they can't find one, they either broaden their niche or start looking into creating an original program. If an anime company has ties to a manga publisher, they might be more likely to pick something from what they have, but ultimately it depends more on what they're looking for. Sometimes, if a manga publisher is really confident about the popularity of a series, they might go courting anime publishers, but that's relatively unusual.

TLDR: They go looking for popular series that fit the mold of what they already want to publish.

I see. So what are the chances of this getting an anime?

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

I know this has nothing to do with the content of them getting/being together, but a line of text in this chapter got me thinking: are there any bridges that cross over oceans? I know some cross seas and channels, but is there a bridge that crosses an entire ocean?

To reply you must either login or sign up.