Forum › All of Humanity is Yuri Except For Me discussion

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

How do you get from "Marika" to "waisei-eigo"? Are the kanji similar looking? And even then, you wouldn't be able to hear the characters. lol

The term "Marriage Blues" is the wasei-eigo (or loan word) in question here. It's basically a term that uses English words, but isn't something typically used in standard English. For example there are phrases like "high touch" and "don't mind", but in typical English you'd probably just use "high five" and "don't worry about it". It just needed to be kept as is here due to the obvious wordplay.

Oh so she actually said it in English. I knew "eigo" meant English, but somehow I didn't connect the dots.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

How do you get from "Marika" to "waisei-eigo"? Are the kanji similar looking? And even then, you wouldn't be able to hear the characters. lol

The term "Marriage Blues" is the wasei-eigo (or loan word) in question here. It's basically a term that uses English words, but isn't something typically used in standard English. For example there are phrases like "high touch" and "don't mind", but in typical English you'd probably just use "high five" and "don't worry about it". It just needed to be kept as is here due to the obvious wordplay.

Oh so she actually said it in English. I knew "eigo" meant English, but somehow I didn't connect the dots.

Technically, she said it in Engrish.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Technically, she said it in Engrish.

Ma-ri-a-ji Burusu, I presume? lol

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Ma-ri-a-ji Burusu, I presume? lol

marijji buruuzu

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

Oh, I really love these "passionate" discussion you can find in the comment section here~

As for the chapter... Well, I'm ok with these "Sub-chapters" and intermisions just because I have plenty of yuri mangas with useless lesbians to read, otherwise I would be really pissed-

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

And this, people, is what it is so dangerous to teach artists how to use decimals.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Sooooooo it means Mireka had a boyfriend or girlfriend in the original world? Because she said that she was dating

Yes, but she's established it's more out of perceived obligation than anything(though I have to wonder what impact yuri world Marika's had on the relationship).

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Oh no, Marika's using her high camo index to close in with CQF (Close Quarter Flirting).

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Oh shit, oh fuck, that's a scary little sister.

joined Jan 11, 2019

She certainly seems to be getting to that camouflage. In fact, one might even say she's enjoying it.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, that was more than one page, at least. :D

She certainly seems to be getting to that camouflage. In fact, one might even say she's enjoying it.

Pretty much sounds like just an excuse the way she keeps repeating it, yeah.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

She keeps saying it to reassure herself that it is only camouflage. Mmm. I enjoyed it.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I can't believe Marika would use the C-word.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I would be mad if the author did 180 and somehow go full het like Idol Pretender.

last edited at Apr 6, 2019 12:05PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I'm starting to believe the author can't count past 3 outside of decimal numbers

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Imagine only reading the Full Number chapters and ignoring all the additions. The story would barely exist.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I read the first lines as, "We missed our chance to eat each other out..."

And suddenly I was expecting NSFW

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Surely that chance will come as well one day, if not necessarily for us to see in graphic detail.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Good to see that she realized there was something off with her "normality" obsession.

I like Marika, but, at the beginning, she was a tiny bit annoying with her tirades that blasted girl/girl relationships as abnormal. Thank goodness, she can learn. She's on the right road now. (The yellow brick road to Oz, that is. )

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

I read the first lines as, "We missed our chance to eat each other out..."

And suddenly I was expecting NSFW

I mean they propably missed that too.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I guess this confirms this world's Marika also tried to be "normal" but was actually straight. While our heroine tries to be "normal" but was actually gay. So they switched.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

last edited at Apr 12, 2019 10:44PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

That imouto is crazy scary...

joined Apr 6, 2019

I guess this confirms this world's Marika also tried to be "normal" but was actually straight. While our heroine tries to be "normal" but was actually gay. So they switched.

Really? This chapter 4.1 confirms it?
What makes you believe that? Is it something in the little sister's lines?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Really? This chapter 4.1 confirms it?
What makes you believe that? Is it something in the little sister's lines?

The "But I've never seen Onee-chan smile like that before." line from the first page seems to imply that the other Marika was never truly "happy" in this world, though it's still not really any sort of solid confirmation one way or another.

last edited at Apr 12, 2019 11:53PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.