Forum › My Ignorance of a World Yet Unknown discussion

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Just once I want something like this to end with the person in the wrong, in this case Asami, coming back and apologizing or something instead of the mc having to hunt them down and convince them about their love. It'd make me much more forgiving to Asami.

4f51117132779849a26d7739f9e4a595
joined Oct 28, 2015

Heya Gais,

I'm just leaving this here, because I'm a little confused as to whether a volume 2 of this exists or not.

MangaUpdates seems to think that there is a volume 2: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=113893

But the most I managed to find was this: https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E7%A7%81%E3%81%AE%E7%84%A1%E7%9F%A5%E3%81%AA%E3%82%8F%E3%81%9F%E3%81%97%E3%81%AE%E6%9C%AA%E7%9F%A5-2-KCx-%E7%99%BE%E4%B9%83-%E3%83%A2%E3%83%88/dp/4063808270/ref=sr_1_38?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1540555219&sr=1-38&refinements=p_27%3A%E7%99%BE%E4%B9%83+%E3%83%A2%E3%83%88

Momono's twitter confirms the release of this volume, back around the start of 2016: https://twitter.com/momono_moto

The thing that confuses me is that this 'second volume' has no individual chapters released from it, and it was actually being sold through Amazon before the release of V1Ch10: https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E7%A7%81%E3%81%AE%E7%84%A1%E7%9F%A5%E3%81%AA%E3%82%8F%E3%81%9F%E3%81%97%E3%81%AE%E6%9C%AA%E7%9F%A5-%E3%83%97%E3%83%81%E3%82%AD%E3%82%B9%EF%BC%88%EF%BC%91%EF%BC%90%EF%BC%89-%EF%BC%AB%EF%BD%89%EF%BD%93%EF%BD%93%E3%82%B3%E3%83%9F%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9-%E7%99%BE%E4%B9%83%E3%83%A2%E3%83%88-ebook/dp/B01AULSHQC/ref=sr_1_32?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1540555902&sr=1-32

Amazon doesn't deliver to my country, otherwise I'd just outright buy a copy of this volume, can anyone shed any light on this?

last edited at Oct 26, 2018 9:03AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

There's no better day than a day that starts with a new chapter of My Ignorance of a World Yet Unknown. I love this manga so much. Momono Moto is a frigging genius, and this gotta be her best series.

So... two more to go, huh? Amply enough for Asami and Minato to kiss and make up and live happily ever after. <3

joined Jul 30, 2014

Asami was cold to Momo but it seems like that was her plan to get revenge on Momo's mother. The beauty of this revenge plot is that neither of the sides did anything truly bad. In the end, poor Momo had to suffer a bit for being the daughter. Will Asami let go of her vengence and accept her true feelings for Momo? stay tuned

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So I just re-read the entire series, which I hadn’t done in quite a while and, for reasons I can’t yet fully articulate, I’m no longer so sure about my Noble Idiocy-romantic reconciliation theory. (Basically, there are a variety of often contradictory signals with no clear way to resolve them as of yet.)

A couple of random puzzles:

• What’s with Minato as Asami’s “first love” in the photograph?

• How does Asami reconcile her supposed respect for her sensei with plagiarizing his music? Putting your name to someone else’s work is about the lowest thing you can do to a creative artist.

One thing a full re-read of the series does make me feel sure of: Haruto needs to go fuck himself.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Why does this have to take so long to release? :'(

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Still waiting for that chapter.......

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

I actually wanted the man and mc to end up together in this one :O

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Good chapter. Still doesn't excuse the ridiculous twist of the previous one, but it at least brought it back a little. I could maybe still be satisfied by how this one ends.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

It finally came, it came all the same!

Fb_img_1533401192825
joined Sep 9, 2016

New chapterrrr omgg one of my fav series

joined Jan 10, 2017

You realize he has a penis and everything, right?

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

You realize he has a penis and everything, right?

Have you seen their profile picture?

Plus, that guy is kind of an asshole, sometimes you need to give up on the person you love if they really love someone else, and making a move on her while she's heartbroken is kinda low

joined Oct 27, 2018

I'm still confused why this is tagged het? One sided crush is not het. Does this have some kind of horrible twist at the end?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

It's because there is a male involved who is interested in the main protagonist and the issue was actually addressed, AND he continues to insert himself into her life regardless.

Also, I'm kinda tired of the "I'm breaking both our hearts to save her" crap that is all too common in yuri. Just grow up and be together, you walnuts.

last edited at Mar 26, 2019 12:54AM

joined Oct 27, 2018

It's because there is a male involved who is interested in the main protagonist and the issue was actually addressed, AND he continues to insert himself into her life regardless.

Also, I'm kinda tired of the "I'm breaking both our hearts to save her" crap that is all too common in yuri. Just grow up and be together, you walnuts.

IDK, the "het" tag to me implies an actual relationship. Maybe this site needs a "het crush" tag? Yeah, i agree that trope gets really old. Fortunately, im not too invested in this manga anymore, with the huge wait between updates and all.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

IDK, the "het" tag to me implies an actual relationship. Maybe this site needs a "het crush" tag? Yeah, i agree that trope gets really old. Fortunately, im not too invested in this manga anymore, with the huge wait between updates and all.

Yeah, they probably use it to imply that it is a love triangle with a male involved. But I also think it sounds as if there was an actual relationship. Well, tagging is an art. xD

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

• How does Asami reconcile her supposed respect for her sensei with plagiarizing his music? Putting your name to someone else’s work is about the lowest thing you can do to a creative artist.

While learning from Minato's father, she saw that photo album, and through that, and her teacher talking about Minato, she fell in love.

This is a difficult one, because we don't have any confirmation yet, but from her words, I do believe he left her with most of his songs. The only one she stole was the one he left for Minato and her mom. But this is just speculation, because I don't think she would steal his songs, I feel like he either legally passed them to Maya, or at least told her he would be okay with her using it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

While learning from Minato's father, she saw that photo album, and through that, and her teacher talking about Minato, she fell in love.

This is a difficult one, because we don't have any confirmation yet, but from her words, I do believe he left her with most of his songs. The only one she stole was the one he left for Minato and her mom. But this is just speculation, because I don't think she would steal his songs, I feel like he either legally passed them to Maya, or at least told her he would be okay with her using it.

Yes, but I can’t think of any area of creative practice where a mentor even saying, “Feel free to use my creations any way you want” would actually entail, “Sell these claiming that you alone created them.” In fact, the more generous the mentor the more likely the younger artist would feel motivated to give them credit. Real artists, I mean, not plagiarists with no sense of ethics.

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

Yes, but I can’t think of any area of creative practice where a mentor even saying, “Feel free to use my creations any way you want” would actually entail, “Sell these claiming that you alone created them.” In fact, the more generous the mentor the more likely the younger artist would feel motivated to give them credit. Real artists, I mean, not plagiarists with no sense of ethics.

I agree, sure I don't think that option is true, but it is a possibility in fiction. Asami is a bad person no question there, I personally just think her badness is outclassed by everyone else in this story other than Minato, the only descent person.

last edited at Mar 26, 2019 9:56AM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I don't think Asami is bad, I think she's just effed up and has learned terrible coping skills. Her guitar teacher was her world, and she watched him waste away, when she was really just a child. Of course with that age, she's going to form all kinds of wrong opinions and hatred, especially after both falling for the teacher's girl AND butting heads with his ex-wife, who she saw as someone who just "let him" die (completely stripping him of any responsibility for his own well-being, like how he refused to see doctors).

I think he did leave his music to Asami, safe for the unfinished piece meant for Minato. That's why she redacted it from the new song in this chapter. Not only because she felt guilty knowing she was taking what wasn't technically hers, but also because like it or not she's broken hearted (her own fault x100 of course) and the song belongs to her love.

joined Mar 12, 2019

I’m sorry but fuck Momono Moto. Her characters are stupid and messed up. Here’s a brief list of assholes and dumbos she has written so far: a lazy ditz ass girl who shacks up with a girl she doesn’t even love because she doesn’t wanna work (Kimi Koi Limit) and a dummy who even saw anything in the dummy, an asshole musician who, without explanation, beats up the MC because she happened to have a stupid past that she shares with a bipolar senpai (Liberty), a psychotic adult who gets turned on by some high schooler who watches (and masturbates!...) her engage in hot sex from her window (both characters are honestly creepy af), and now some bitch who plagiarized the MC’s dad’s songs and has been stalking her since her childhood (wtf???). So apparently Momono has a fetish for psycho bitches and female Ed Sheerans it seems. And these characters aren’t even ALL the psychotic bitches in her work... Those were the memorable ones so far. I remember there were worse characters than these weirdoes, but can’t recall what the title of the works were.

I have been reading her works because I thought maybe she could redeem herself somehow, since her concepts and ideas are rather interesting...but nope! Failure after another because of her poorly written moronic characters. I’m so shocked at why people find her works to be so good when they are not. Her stories are wasted.

last edited at Mar 27, 2019 1:43AM

joined Mar 12, 2019

Just once I want something like this to end with the person in the wrong, in this case Asami, coming back and apologizing or something instead of the mc having to hunt them down and convince them about their love. It'd make me much more forgiving to Asami.

I’m sorry, but the moment it was revealed that Asami was a plagiarizing thief, I lost all respect for that cunt. Having gotten her revenge on the mom shows that she doesn’t really love the MC as she claims (barf). I would reject the bitch, but I’m sure the MC will forgive her and shit because she is another one of Momono’s dumbass MC clones.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I’m sorry but fuck Momono Moto. Her characters are stupid and messed up. Here’s a brief list of assholes and dumbos she has written so far: a lazy ditz ass girl who shacks up with a girl she doesn’t even love because she doesn’t wanna work (Kimi Koi Limit) and a dummy who even saw anything in the dummy, an asshole musician who, without explanation, beats up the MC because she happened to have a stupid past that she shares with a bipolar senpai (Liberty), a psychotic adult who gets turned on by some high schooler who watches (and masturbates!...) her engage in hot sex from her window (both characters are honestly creepy af), and now some bitch who plagiarized the MC’s dad’s songs and has been stalking her since her childhood (wtf???). So apparently Momono has a fetish for psycho bitches and female Ed Sheerans it seems. And these characters aren’t even ALL the psychotic bitches in her work... Those were the memorable ones so far. I remember there were worse characters than these weirdoes, but can’t recall what the title of the works were.

I have been reading her works because I thought maybe she could redeem herself somehow, since her concepts and ideas are rather interesting...but nope! Failure after another because of her poorly written moronic characters. I’m so shocked at why people find her works to be so good when they are not. Her stories are wasted.

Remember kids, just because you don't like something doesn't necessarily mean it is poorly written.

As often as not, it's a simple case of "this story made me feel bad so it's bad." I will give you this though, "Liberty" really did have some serious problems with the writing. That rushed ending was just bad.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Rude as it may be to bring up factual information in response to righteous indignation, but “Liberty” and “Rain and the Other Side of You” were not written by Momono Moto (only drawn).

To reply you must either login or sign up.