Forum › Fragtime discussion

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Wha, seriously, this is getting adapted? That's pretty cool. Kind of gives hope that some other completed stuff has a chance at getting turned into anime. ...Maybe one that rhymes with Hurl Bends.
I can kind of see why this one would, though. It'll make for a fairly complete 13 episode show without the need of a second season that may or may not happen.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

CozyCreature12 posted:

I don't care if the people see in that way, I just wanted to share my opinion and that's all, even it's sucks, I like it to share it... And no I'm not an hater, I just judge what I read, and what I read it here was a bad story with bad development

You seem to just be here to shit all over the forums considering that whenever someone tries to actually discuss things with you, you just jump ship and run away instead of actually using forums to discuss things, as they were intended to be used. Between that and the fact you basically never have anything positive to say about any series it makes it pretty difficult to take anything you say seriously.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Yooo, CozyCreature12. I don't think people mind if you dislike certain (or most) things, but I think it would annoy people less if you were more tactful and respectful about it. Referring to stuff you don't like simply as "shit" kind of makes you seem like an unlikable and negative person, you know? Especially when it seems to be you find most things to be shit. I mean, I think Naruto is pretty crappy, but I wouldn't go on a Naruto subreddit and start referring to everything about it as shit. I tend to think people would think I'm a troll.

Your name is CozyCreature. Live up to the name and be a bit more cuddly, yeah?

last edited at Mar 16, 2019 3:35AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Probably a movie? A TV series would only have about 4-5 episodes worth of content for a 1-1 adaptation, and I don't think there's much opportunity to pad that out. It... could be an OVA or ONA? But those are usually one-shots when they're not connected to a larger series these days, and there's too much material for that. Just about enough for a typical feature-length film, though. And movies are less likely to be used to advertise the source material, so that'd be less odd as well

...All that said, this isn't a manga I have especially fond memories of

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Trouserwitz posted:

Yooo, CozyCreature12. I don't think people mind if you dislike certain (or most) things, but I think it would annoy people less if you were more tactful and respectful about it. Referring to stuff you don't like simply as "shit" kind of makes you seem like an unlikable and negative person, you know? Especially when it seems to be you find most things to be shit. I mean, I think Naruto is pretty crappy, but I wouldn't go on a Naruto subreddit and start referring to everything about it as shit. I tend to think people would think I'm a troll.

Your name is CozyCreature. Live up to the name and be a bit more cuddly, yeah?

Yeah, this exactly. I think I've seen only a handful of posts from them that weren't completely negative even in the context of series they were saying they liked. (Which is weird because you'd think someone who liked a series wouldn't seemingly have nothing but negative things to say about it.) It paints a really bad impression. I have no issues with someone disliking a given series but they should go about it differently and make sure they're giving the correct impression.

last edited at Mar 16, 2019 5:21AM

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

I'm so happy!!fuck yes, Fragtime gets an anime adaption, WOW I really liked this story so I'm full of joy

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Bad story, bad development and shit character= Murakami
Murakami is a crap of character...really, she's worst than Mei from Citrus...
I can't even image why they choose this story for become anime when there is a lot of GOOD stories out there
(Sorry for being direct, I had to said it)

Except I, and most people here think not a single thing you just said is true - i feel sorry for you- it seems you can only see the bad in everything and like nothing.

Also- STOP referring to things as facts that are totally subjective. Though it does seem that in your subjective opinion nothing is good- and you couldnt even tell a good character or story if someone clubbed you over the head with it.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

If this is going to be a full-length series, I feel like they're going to have to flesh out a lot of the side characters. There just isn't that much material.

Yup- it wont be a full series - there's not enough material like you said- and not a lot of character parts besides the main 2.
It will be a single cour for sure - probably on the lower end too like 11 eps.

last edited at Mar 16, 2019 8:28AM

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

So anime, i feel that will be Netflix, since they´re the few one who adapt already end mangas.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Better late than never. They unearthed this one, even though it's been over for years.

Maybe riding on the relative success of Bloom Into You?

Anyway, it's always good news to get more yuri themed anime, even if the main theme of this one isn't romance.

And yeah, probably not more than 11/12 episodes.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

I’d rather Yamanko

It has "manko" in the title.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Awesome! I really liked the story so I'm glad it's getting adopted. Also, what is it? NTR, Citrus, Bloom Into you, WataTen and now this? Did we finally reached the point where making proper yuri anime is profitable?

Hylarn posted:

Probably a movie? A TV series would only have about 4-5 episodes worth of content for a 1-1 adaptation, and I don't think there's much opportunity to pad that out. It... could be an OVA or ONA?

I think movie would be actually perfect. If they would went OVA route, I think two 30 minutes ones would work out as well.

last edited at Mar 16, 2019 5:25PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Hylarn posted:

Probably a movie? A TV series would only have about 4-5 episodes worth of content for a 1-1 adaptation, and I don't think there's much opportunity to pad that out. It... could be an OVA or ONA?

I think movie would be actually perfect. If they would went OVA route, I think two 30 minutes ones would work out as well.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. But anime movies tend to be much higher production value than OVAs, and I doubt any production company thinks this is worth it (a 5-year old webcomic doesn't exact scream profit potential). So I'm expecting a couple of OVAs, or maybe one season of 5-minute shorts. I think the OVAs would be better. This is a good story, and it could be told in an hour. Watching shorts is always kind of disjointed, and doesn't work that well for anything other than gag manga.

last edited at Mar 16, 2019 8:15PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I'm really glad that this is going to get a series cuz God damn does it deserve one
I think this would be perfect since it is a really compact story
Still one of the few series that legit made me cry at the end of it

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

elevown posted:

Though it does seem that in your subjective opinion nothing is good- and you couldnt even tell a good character or story if someone clubbed you over the head with it.

I'm actually curious what something they would praise even is because I've seen them call a series great then go on to say nothing but negative things about it immediately after. (And this was within the last month or so iirc.)

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I wonder if this means that one day we might be able to see Octave be made into an anime series
Now that would be truly amazing

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Just read this for the first time after hearing it's getting an anime. I'm not sure if like it, dislike it, or just don't care about it. Lots of conflicting feelings about it that I can't figure out how to put into words. I mostly just feel like it's not a great choice for an anime. I guess it's more suited to having one than some others (like Octave, which I don't think will ever be made into an anime, much to my despair).
I guess in the end it comes down to not caring about it getting an anime adaptation because it's just not my cup of tea. Which is fine. I'm happy for everyone who's looking forward to it though, I hope it lives up to your expectations.
edit: 369th post, nice.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 6:28PM

Unknown%20(1)
joined Jan 30, 2019

i found this manga so cute and i'm so happy cause i just heard it's gonna be turned to a anime and i'm sure it can be a great one, i'm really so excited for it

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I wonder if this means that one day we might be able to see Octave be made into an anime series
Now that would be truly amazing

That would make me happy, but I bet Fragtime isn't even getting a TV anime, and even it is way more popular, relevant, and likely to make a return on investment than Octave.

joined Mar 18, 2018

So after i found out that another yuri manga was geting the anime treatment, i felt like i had to read this.
It wasn't terrible but it did leave me with mixed feelings... It had an interesting premise but i wasn't really a fan of the story in certain aspects and sometimes the characters came of as annoying... (a typical exempel of 'if they only said this or if they only did that instead')
But it's nice to know that a even an "old" manga like this can get turned in to an anime, and i'm still very much looking forward to it ^^

last edited at Mar 20, 2019 5:43AM

005ejqrjgy1fzoq9y1j6fj319c1sw7sj-
joined Jul 6, 2018

I finished reading this manga years ago and now it's getting an anime! It's very rare to adapt a finished series so this really amazing. Must re-read this before the anime airs.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

This is the greatest thing I've ever read...and it's over. WHY?!?!?!?!?

I'm glad I noticed the announcement about the anime.

last edited at Mar 21, 2019 6:09AM

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

"In my mind, Murakami san, a HENTAI."

We're gonna get such great memes out of this anime.
Also, has anime been getting really gay lately, or is it just me?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Sanrai posted:

Also, has anime been getting really gay lately, or is it just me?

It's getting pretty gay.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

The first chapter had me expecting lame ecchi and I ALMOST DIDN'T CONTINUE. Close call.

last edited at Mar 22, 2019 6:21AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.