Forum › Jewel of You discussion

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

After "I'm Getting Married", the Het tag seems kinda unneccessary in this one since we never even see them kiss.

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

If anyone's traumatised by that recent trash with the het tag, this one is safe. It's more of a "Yuri wins, I guess?" type of story

last edited at Mar 19, 2019 9:36PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

If you must use anything, Bisexual seems to be the go-to tag for stories where a girl has brief interest in a male without showing any explicit het elements.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

That happy end was so inexplicable that I laughed. Girl went from "I'm gonna get dat dick" to "I'VE ALWAYS LOVED YOU" in two pages flat.

Not to say it was bad. Just seems like it could've used a few more pages to flesh out what Fuwako's deal is.

Ayuyu
joined Dec 20, 2016

It's a Yuri wins? I think they're staying as friends?

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

I am happy but it felt kinda "off"

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Nah, I don't think she was talking about love,kinda suck losing a very found friendship because one have feelings. I bet she did that because she was sorry for not notice her feelings soner, but didn't wanted to lose the friendship because of that.

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

This was not at all a yuri win, but I would say the het element isn't bad this time

Anyone else find black hair-chan hot?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This was not at all a yuri win, but I would say the het element isn't bad this time

Anyone else find black hair-chan hot?

Totally.

Uncertain endings like this hurts my heart but I hopefully this is a yuri win of some kind.
Something seemed to have stirred in her on page 21
I mean, that would have worked on me.

last edited at Mar 19, 2019 9:54PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It wasn't a happy ending at all. Her friend just didn't hate her, but they aren't getting together or anything.

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

Great. I'm really skeptical when it comes to het tag..so i always visit the comment section first. Lol

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Hits me hard in my little gay feels. Reminds me of me and my BFF.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Hits a little too close to home for comfort.... OOF. Also loving this artist's style dayumyum

last edited at Mar 19, 2019 10:04PM

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

this was a bitter but sweet ending. i enjoyed it.

last edited at Mar 19, 2019 10:16PM

Yuriava-ditherlicious
joined Jul 7, 2013

Great. I'm really skeptical when it comes to het tag..so i always visit the comment section first. Lol

OMG, I need to start doing this too. Ugh. I'm here to see other people's opinions on the ending because it was vague and empty to me. :/

joined Apr 18, 2018

Het and love triangle tag seems unnecessary because this Date guy never have an onscreen active participation in the whole thing. Not a bad one shot, very realistic too. But I'm hoping to see more work in the same vein of quality like The World Exists For You. That's a masterclass.

last edited at Mar 19, 2019 10:23PM

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

She literally said "I want to be with you forever". That's pretty gay.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Seems legit

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Het and love triangle tag seems unnecessary because this Date guy never have an onscreen active participation in the whole thing. Not a bad one shot, very realistic too. But I'm hoping to see more work in the same vein of quality like The World Exists For You. That's a masterclass.

Yeah, the love triangle tag should be removed. Date & Arisa never even speak to eachother. Can't have a triangle whose three edges don't connect.

joined Sep 6, 2018

This is pretty cool. This can be turned into a show, the scenes flow very well. The last bit had to suspend reality where girl switches back to partner, especially after how they broke up. I believe this is a happy end, they’re still together in the friend zone.

Expanding out this one shot may be interesting to read.

The artwork is well done.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

After having read this and Cast a Spell, I think this author has a problem with characters teleporting to where ever the plot needs them to be. In Cast a Spell, Emi gets on a train while Kaori stays on the platform, and yet Kaori gets to Emi's house about 30 seconds later than her. Here, the same thing—Arisa stays behind at work, but gets to her apartment only a minute after Fuuka, who left early. I thought maybe Fuuka stopped to pick up groceries or something, since she said she was going to handle dinner, but when she walks in the door she's only holding the the same bag she had when she left work.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I thought it was a sucky ending. Eternal friendship is of little comfort, while being forced to watch the person you love, fall in love with someone else. One sided love is always the death of a friendship. You should just walk away, and move on. Best rip that band-aid quick than to drag it out. It's have her drop of the key Lee, and set yourself free.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

I think the yuri part was the part that felt forced. Everything was pretty generic but if felt like high school level angst. Light hair girl should have been angry with black hair girl but instead she was made a doormat for a child with a temper tantrum. It's not light hair girls fault for not being a mind reader, she did her best to be a good friend. Dark hair girl cared about her sure, but selfishly and possessively, it wouldn't have worked.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Light hair girl should have been angry with black hair girl but instead she was made a doormat for a child with a temper tantrum.

I think this is the part that suggests she might love her back. I think most people, if treated this way by someone they considered merely a friend, would be really upset.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I think the yuri part was the part that felt forced. Everything was pretty generic but if felt like high school level angst. Light hair girl should have been angry with black hair girl but instead she was made a doormat for a child with a temper tantrum. It's not light hair girls fault for not being a mind reader, she did her best to be a good friend. Dark hair girl cared about her sure, but selfishly and possessively, it wouldn't have worked.

^I think that's unfair. Romantic love is always, at least a little, selfish and possessive. While I agree their close frienship is doomed, I can't fault the black haired girl for doing something childish. People do stupid and desperate things when they feel like they losing something precious. Maybe the light haired girl understood that, and forgave her. And heck black haired girl could have done way worse. I've seen more than one story where the gay girl slept with the guy to destroy her friend's relationship. Compared to that stealing an earring is nothing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.