Forum › All of Humanity is Yuri Except For Me discussion

New%20canvas
joined Jun 28, 2015

So~~ How much are we betting that Kazumi is a dude in our MC's home reality?

Don't get me wrong I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong but considering who the author is....

last edited at Feb 22, 2019 11:10AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

ShaYurigami posted:

So~~ How much are we betting that Kazumi is a dude in our MC's home reality?

Don't get me wrong I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong but considering who the author is....

I'm pretty sure people have directly addressed this in the thread already and the protagonist recognized her as a girl from ehr original reality.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

She has a boyfriend in the other world

oh boy here we go

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

That's exactly my face also.

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

phew buddy we really don't need this kind of development

arandommangareader
1523068069413s
joined Jun 2, 2017

oh boy here we go

but now he is a girl, love triangle is coming?

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Her 'URK' reaction on the last page made me lol

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

oh boy here we go

but now he is a girl, love triangle is coming?

If you're referring to a love triangle against the female version of Marika's boyfriend then probably no
The first chapter noted that one of Marika's 2 friends had a boyfriend but now the two are dating each other instead of her dating the female version of her boyfriend so it's suffice to say that while the people are the same the relationships between each other in the yuri world is different with the het world.
Of course those two are just unimportant side characters and the boyfriend part was just a short quote so it's not improbable that the author will forget about that small detail and make an evil triangle. But imo this will probably just result in some internal conflict with Kazami about "I like her but she has someone else in the other world so I shouldn't go after her" and stuff.

Images
joined Dec 25, 2018

NANI!!!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This is such a fascinating story, no wonder there are 13 pages of comments after 2 chapters.

So we know now:

1) Kazami "has been watching" the yuriworld's Marika all this time. That's a cliché Japanese euphemism for "has been in love" with her all this time.

2) BUT! This Marika is not that Marika. They just look alike. Kazami, you wouldn't be so shallow as to fall for her just for her looks... right?

3) Marika has someone she's dating in the normal world. She didn't mention gender, but it's safe to assume it's a boyfriend. Big shock!

4) That boy must have a counterpart in yuriworld. A female version of himself. Marika will meet her eventually. What if she likes Marika and wants to date her? What will Marika do?

5) And, if Marika accepts, does that count as two-timing her bf? And what of Kazami? Some complex love polygons here...

6) And what about the yuriworld's Marika, is she in our world now? A girl from an all-female world in a world dominated by males... that's kinda scary.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

There just one thing that bother me. Since there are only girls in their world, do they have to say which gender the person they are mentioning ?

Hmm. Now I'm wondering if there are different gender identities, or if everyone really identifies as a woman. Like, sure, they all are of the female sex, but that shouldn't guarantee they all feel comfortable as women, unless this is really that kind of monotonous universe? You would think they might even have potentially more ways of identifying than we have in the real world.
Considering how quickly the author swept under the rug all males getting wiped out fairly recently in the 1920's (?), I doubt it will be explored thoughtfully. It would be more interesting, but this story is coming across as more non-serious, basic, and with stereotypical depictions of girls/women, so I don't expect it to. It just feels obviously aimed at guys who want to see teen girls kiss and blush first, plot second.

I'll check it out again at the end of the year to see where it's headed out of curiosity, but it isn't to my taste at all so far (not unexpected). Hopefully it will do something good and unique in the meantime.

It's been a hundred years since the male gender and it's related psychological archetype was erased from humanity. That's actually a VERY long time. Long enough that pretty much every single living person alive in their world today has never known a world where men existed. There is no living memory of the male gender, rather just second hand information learned from books. Given this it is very unlikely that the people of their current day world would even have much of a concept of what men or masculinity were like and certainly not a full enough working concept of it for somebody to identify intimately with what is now a non-existent gender archetype.

There would likely still be females that would act and think in a manner that our world would consider masculine by our standards, but in their world the idea of masculinity itself is just a faded second hand ghost of a memory. There simply would no longer be another gender to identify with. It would all just be shades of femininity. In fact the idea of femininity itself would likely die out as well eventually since it is now just all shades of being human. It's a bit like imagining how long the concept of light and dark would continue to exist if everyone in the world was permanently blinded on the genetic level.

last edited at Feb 24, 2019 6:52PM

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

What?! Heck!
You were cute, manga! Why do you torment my heart so?!

I'm curious about this world's version of MC. From how they talk about her, I'm pretty sure she'll have a role to play at some point, so that's one other thing to look forward to.

2) BUT! This Marika is not that Marika. They just look alike. Kazami, you wouldn't be so shallow as to fall for her just for her looks... right?

She likes her for her boobs.
... Nah, more seriously... It probably is just that, I'd say. In chapter 2.1, MC's friends ask her "since when did you get so close with that beautiful prodigy", so it seems to be a fairly unforseen development. Besides, Lily treated her crush like a stranger in the infirmary during the first chapter, someone she had no interest in. I'd be surprised if they even talked beyond one or two chance encounters.
So they don't seem to have had any kind of relationship prior to all that. How would Lily know her personality, besides relatively surface-level interactions with her friends? Unless she's a stalker, but she doesn't look the type.

4) That boy must have a counterpart in yuriworld. A female version of himself. Marika will meet her eventually. What if she likes Marika and wants to date her? What will Marika do?

I propose a poly ending.
Won't happen, but that'd be neat. ~

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

HAH I love how the author put in like 2 pages of text to drill in the clarification that Lily and Marika are girls in both worlds.

DID NOT see that coming. My guesses are Marika has a gf in the original world, but was still deep in the closet and in denial about her sexuality. Then her subconscious desire threw her into this yuri world where it is accepted. Rereading the first chapter, she really sounds like she's trying way too hard to convince herself that she's "normal".

last edited at Feb 24, 2019 7:28PM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

ah so it was just yuri bait after all. Dropped

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

A Straight Girl Wanders Into A Lesbian Universe

Img_-vbco9w
joined Sep 14, 2017

I bet 10 bucks that the person she was dating was the kazami-san from her world

Lol
joined Jan 2, 2018

So does she want to go back to her original world with her bf or stay in this world because her expressions make it seem like she wants to stay?

joined Jun 30, 2015

Not sure. Spaghetti is straight until it gets hot and wet.

last edited at Feb 24, 2019 10:37PM

432027e9-d7bf-4855-8947-d2e8c86accea
joined Jun 3, 2018

Better get the Bisexual tag ready.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Bang

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Not sure. Spaghetti is straight until it gets wet.

Well that's a cute saying but considering the author...

A Straight Girl Wanders Into A Lesbian Universe

lmao

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

I bet 10 bucks that the person she was dating was the kazami-san from her world

Also going with this.

joined Jun 30, 2015

Not sure. Spaghetti is straight until it gets wet.

Well that's a cute saying but considering the author...

Let's just hope that this time it can work out.

To reply you must either login or sign up.