Forum › Saki discussion

Seira%20the%20boss
joined Jun 25, 2017

Here goes monstrous breasts again and panty shoots without panties XD

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Mh, so that recruitment subplot thing is still going on. So. Team finals -> Individual tournament? -> International/professional stuff. Maybe.

Guess I'll change my will so my heir has to finish reading the series for me ...

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

Finally a chapter with lots of Teru and it's not fully drawn. :(

Download
joined May 8, 2015

I feel like they nerf saki sister for some reason...maybe it's just me

Seira%20the%20boss
joined Jun 25, 2017

Here comes more monstrous breasts!

Seira%20the%20boss
joined Jun 25, 2017

Mh, so that recruitment subplot thing is still going on. So. Team finals -> Individual tournament? -> International/professional stuff. Maybe.

Guess I'll change my will so my heir has to finish reading the series for me ...

Same here. I guess I will have my niece finish this manga for me.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Oooh, I definitely like to see Kuro pulling it together. I wonder if she'll defy expectations once again in a high stakes situation, as her play style is completely transparent still.

My dream is that Shiraitodai goes bust in the first round by Yuuki and Kuro, but I can only assume they're setting the stage to showcase Teru's true power.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I just hate - even after 150 or so chapters of it - how the series went from "a select few people have seemingly weird powers that few people acknowledge and nobody can explain" to "everyone has some special power and everyone acknowledges this and treats it as perfectly normal". It makes all of Nodoka's early development complete nonsense ^^;

Eqdbyreu8aaiibl
joined Oct 4, 2017

At long last Saki's cousin name is reveal.

48415285_590924341357470_2320604137500180480_n
joined Jan 1, 2019

I'm gonna ship Saki and her cousin

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm gonna ship Saki and her cousin

Isn't she the one who crashed into the lake in a burning wheelchair and presumably died?

last edited at Jan 20, 2019 5:39AM

K2
joined May 22, 2014

Rits let Teru finally play hehe

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

You get a yakuman, you get a yakuman, and you get a yakuman! Now we need to see a Daisangen from Kuro lol.

Sekaioppai
joined Jan 6, 2015

So.. If you when a chuuren poutou you'll die? What kind of mahjong superstition is that?

Sekaioppai
joined Jan 6, 2015

I just hate - even after 150 or so chapters of it - how the series went from "a select few people have seemingly weird powers that few people acknowledge and nobody can explain" to "everyone has some special power and everyone acknowledges this and treats it as perfectly normal". It makes all of Nodoka's early development complete nonsense ^^;

And everyone's treating Nodoka as the weird one coz she's playing logically and safely like a bot

Untitled172-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

So.. If you when a chuuren poutou you'll die? What kind of mahjong superstition is that?

Tried searching around the interwebs and didnt see anything, maybe its just a Sakiverse thing or because chuuren potou means Nine Gates and may allude to something like the "nine gates of hell". The lanterns behind Teru might also refer to something in the netherworld , just maybe.

K2
joined May 22, 2014

Sigh this going to be very bad , usually when the 9th gate opens in anime it's a very powerful thing that no one can stop however after the explosion the energy will greatly weaken.Yuki will have a chance if she survives and doesn't hit zero

Sekaioppai
joined Jan 6, 2015

Tried searching around the interwebs and didnt see anything, maybe its just a Sakiverse thing or because chuuren potou means Nine Gates and may allude to something like the "nine gates of hell". The lanterns behind Teru might also refer to something in the netherworld , just maybe.

Yeah. I tried too but all I got is about a book and a movie. Tried searching Nine Lanterns, but according to chinese myths/symbolism it's more goodluck than a bad omen so maybe it really is an original idea from Ritz sensei.

joined Jun 11, 2017

I wonder when we get to see Saki and Teru in a team against the world tho

joined Oct 9, 2011

The Nine Gates might have something to do with the way its spelt in Japanese, it might be one of the characters is associated with a superstition, like with number 4s spelling in Japanese.

Or maybe its because someone famous died right after winning a hand with Nine Gates Yakuman.

joined Nov 11, 2010

From several posts on the JP Yahoo! Answers it seems the Chuurenpoutou myth was popularized by the 1969-1972 mahjong novel 麻雀放浪記.

Coincidentally enough the manga adaptation of the novel is being scanlated and the first reference to the Chuurenpoutou myth was scanlated just yesterday (ch. 37):
https://mangadex.org/title/5343/tetsuya-jansei-to-yobareta-otoko

The general idea behind the myth is due to the rarity of the 'pure' form of the yakuman, similar to the 13-way wait of the 'pure' Kokushi Musou.
The pure form of Chuurenpoutou is: 1112345678999m
With the given shape, a player can win on any manzu tile 123456789m (the 9 possible winning tiles is the origin of the yaku's name).
However, due to the furiten rule of Riichi mahjong (forbids winning off other players if you discarded one of your own winning tiles at any point), to legitimately achieve the 'pure' form a player needs to complete the hand without ever drawing any duplicates. The occurance of that is rare enough that apparently the hand has been joked about as requiring "a lifetime's luck".

joined Feb 16, 2019

There is also the famous mahjong pro 小島武夫, who completed chuuren pouton in a tournament. 9 years after that on the exact same day, he died of a heart attack. This also made the myth more popular.

K2
joined May 22, 2014

Damn lol Tokki is winner no matter what lol :D she got some love love haha

Seira%20the%20boss
joined Jun 25, 2017

Oh. It might take a while before finishing this one manga. The thing I fear the most if it might get dropped sooner or later when reaching around 230 or 250 chapters. After all, as year goes by, Ritz will eventually get bored of it and since Saki is not as popular as One Piece or Naruto, the chances of it being forced to end before the General match is high. (That plus I have the feeling I might not be able to live long enough to assist the individual tournament)

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

i wonder how many people are like me and dont read this just come in at see whats going on, all without context XD its really funny :P

To reply you must either login or sign up.