joined Feb 19, 2014

is it the end? i hope not!!

Screen%20shot%202018-05-06%20at%205.00.43%20pm
joined Nov 6, 2017

I hope there's still more!

67413148_p0
joined Jan 22, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch40#15

Kasumi knows exactly what she's doing. In a sense, I think she's actually the more aggressive one. Sakurako's way of showing affection is just more obvious (or extreme?)...

For everyone having a slight heart attack. Yes, it's still ongoing. Vol. 4 is finished here now, but vol. 6 came out not too long ago and it's still ongoing.

last edited at Jan 23, 2019 2:22AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I really enjoyed this series over the years- even if I wish it was a bit more direct with the yuri developments :)

I'm surprised it is carrying on with the same name after such a big change / obvious ending - I'd assumed if we were getting the college years it would get a fresh start with a new name. But I'm glad there's more to come.

I assume their parents are paying the rent and buying all that stuff? Its not like they have jobs - and even if they get part time jobs they cant make the 150k yen or so a month they'd need.

last edited at Jan 23, 2019 2:58AM

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

The fact that it is going on into their college years amazes me. It's very rare that a story has so much development like this.

joined Mar 4, 2015

When will they get to 2nd base and then the best base 3rd base?

joined Jun 23, 2017

I really enjoyed this series over the years- even if I wish it was a bit more direct with the yuri developments :)

I'm surprised it is carrying on with the same name after such a big change / obvious ending - I'd assumed if we were getting the college years it would get a fresh start with a new name. But I'm glad there's more to come.

I assume their parents are paying the rent and buying all that stuff? Its not like they have jobs - and even if they get part time jobs they cant make the 150k yen or so a month they'd need.

Definitely nice to hear that there is more :D

The rent was only 100k yen. Split it in two and it would be 50k per person, so around 500 USD. Should be doable with a part time job each or if they have a schoolarship or student loan.

last edited at Jan 23, 2019 3:29AM

taiyou_scandalous
Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-t7xta6axzfsg
joined Jul 20, 2014

i've also read this since i was in like, my third year in high school. now that i'm in my last year in college, there's somehow this sense of nostalgia. i'm really glad that this manga has come this far. who knows what they'll be like in college!?

9e3b1f312b8b179110d34885c12274471490360271_full
joined Jan 7, 2019

Nooooooooo! Not The Braids!
altho short hair Sakurako is nice too

joined May 20, 2013

Page 9: "hang out out again"

I'm glad it continues. At this pace there should be a lot of room for volumes yet. Not just for two either. It may be a rare case when the main couple is the cutest, but there could be stories about the others, too.

18486343_1820567218259948_7606926089368158706_n
joined Apr 7, 2012

"Expenses sure do pile up when you're newlyweds."
me:..... HMM!? sees next panel... GDAMNIT!

joined Jun 30, 2015

This exactly how normal friends behave, don't be fools, this isn't yuri at all. They are just normal friends.Totally normal and ordinary.

It only crosses the line when handholding, and that's all.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Can't wait for the sequel (coming out 2025) "A Room For Three"

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The rent was only 100k yen. Split it in two and it would be 50k per person, so around 500 USD. Should be doable with a part time job each or if they have a schoolarship or student loan.

I was adding on for expenses - they need a lot more than just rent- food etc. Still seems a lot to earn when they are meant to be studying- a lot of Japanese schools even outright forbid part time work (though dunno if this goes for colleges too).

I reckon, roughly, they'd need to make 20k yen a week each - so about 20hr work a week each- I'm just gonna assume their families are well off enough to cover most of it for them- say their parents split the rent at least.

last edited at Jan 23, 2019 4:50AM

Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

100k yen is f'ing ridiculous at least for me

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

"Only" 100,000 yen a month for a single room apartment? Japan's real estate market is really fucked up.

Kasumi is like "Goodbye, braids. I'll miss you" on https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch40#19

last edited at Jan 23, 2019 5:43AM

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

"Only" 100,000 yen for a single room apartment? Japan's real estate market is really fucked up.

That's what happens when ~90% of the population packs in urban areas. Land becomes rather expensive to say the least.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, apartment prices don't mean a lot without knowing what typical wages are - 800€ might only get you a one-room apartment where I live as well, but in Japan, part-timers apparently only earn an average of 1000 yen per hour. Means you need to work 100 hours per month just for that one room apartment - it's doable with 2 people but, yeah, that's a lot of part-time work that goes into rent and nothing else ...

But we all already knew that Japanese work hours are shit and they are burned-out and depressed for a reason. ^^

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yup- i worked it out at them earning 1k an hr- I know that's fairly good for part timers- they get a lot less than full timers.

Also to the people saying they cant belive the 100k yen - just to make sure you are aware, that's only about 1000 dollars - still a lot for a 1 bed apartment but probably similar to many other big cities around the world.

Btw- have they ever said where its set? Like are they in Tokyo? I don't remember.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Oh my! Sakurako is already thinking of using the magical iPS cells for their future children. Nice.

Wow, tearing down a wall with an axe? She must really have an interesting impression of Saku.

Well the only thing seperating them from being newlyweds is a piece of paper.

That poky kiss pic was colorized and uploaded to this site before~

Urgh... I liked the braid. Long hair is better. But this short hair still really suits Sakurako.

I raised an eyebrows when Sakurako asked a stranf of hair just after the IPS cells mention. But I guess she wouldn't lie to Kasumi so the hairs are going to the charm... for the time being

A single hair strand wouldn't be enough anyway. Even if we assume research goes far enough to be viable, they'd need something much more extreme.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch40#15

Kasumi knows exactly what she's doing. In a sense, I think she's actually the more aggressive one. Sakurako's way of showing affection is just more obvious (or extreme?)...

I've been thinking this for a while. Kasumi is clearly aware of what she is doing. She's using the push and pull tactics to keep Sakurako on her toes, especially because she would lose her mind if Kasumi was too affectionate.
That kinda line is not something Kasumi would say to anyone or to mess around.

Kasumi had two part-time jobs and has been saving up for exactly this occasion for a while now...

100k yen is f'ing ridiculous at least for me

Urban area, good location, pretty close to the University? Better believe that it will be expensive as hell. Don't forget the security system either.

last edited at Jan 23, 2019 9:09AM

2w5t94i
joined Feb 27, 2011

Just in regards to the price of the apparent, when I was renting in a capital city in Australia, Melbourne, which is considered one of the more expansive cities, I got a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 living room, car spot, for about $1100 AUD a month. This was a 10 min walk from the CBD with a tram line right outside, in an pretty upper class area of the city.

Trying to pay ~$1000 USD even with two people's part-time job wages would be insane, especially since they are students, that's not even considering living and student expenses. Also Japan's minimum wage is a lot less than Australia's and their Yen is stronger, so it doesn't seem reasonable to me.

On a more serious note, I hope these two get gayer, now that they are college students.

last edited at Jan 23, 2019 9:11AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

On a more serious note, I hope these two get gayer, now that they are college students.

If Sakurako became any gayer she would shoot rainbows out of her eyes and hump Kasumi's leg like a dog.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If Sakurako became any gayer she would . . . hump Kasumi's leg like a dog.

Are we absolutely sure she hasn't already done that? :) I guess not, but it seems like she's come pretty close.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm fine with this story getting a pet play tag ...

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

If Sakurako became any gayer she would . . . hump Kasumi's leg like a dog.

Are we absolutely sure she hasn't already done that? :) I guess not, but it seems like she's come pretty close.

Sakurako is more the type to give hickeys in her sleep.

To reply you must either login or sign up.