Forum › Lily Marble discussion

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

@YunFang92 That was a very touching account, I really hope you're in good health now.

joined Nov 27, 2017

Wow...and suddenly A LOT of us readers can actually relate to this. . .

I once had a relationship end on the note of, "I can't get thrown out of the house again."

It wasn't nearly so serious of a relationship as your example, but yeah it's an incredibly familiar story.

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

damn ch17 hit right in the feels

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Kinda forgot about this, but glad that it's back
This chapter was sad though

last edited at Nov 21, 2018 12:53AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Gold mother right there. Bet she totally knows her daughter plays for both teams xd love this couple!

I would say that Aya’s life is complicated because she probably doesn’t play for both teams. At least until we get a confirmation either way, the Bisexual tag certainly applies to several characters here but for Aya...? Not sure.

Indeed... it was never said if she married a man because of feelings or to please her parents and/or try to stay close to "social norms". So we can't say she is bi yet, we'll need some kind of confirmation on her part.

Not sure if I recall correctly, but smh I remember Risa being at fault for the ending of Aya's marriage. So maybe Aya just noticed very late that she is not exactly hetero. But if she is bi or lesbian is still not clear. Maybe it never will be, but we know that she is in love with Risa. Which is a good thing... and a bad thing.

last edited at Nov 21, 2018 6:14AM

Images
joined Sep 30, 2018

Ayaaaaaaaaa <3

Images
joined Sep 30, 2018

Why do I always forget their names? Hahahha except for Aya

Images
joined Dec 7, 2014

I don't regret moving on, but it still does suck to give up on someone you loved and envisioned yourself marrying some day, all because they didn't have the courage to come out.

I'm really sorry for what you went through, but stay strong. No one is worth all that. You have to be your own top priority. Hang in there!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Really, we're very very lucky that the admins & moderators here in Dynasty Forum are doing their job properly. I mean, can you imagine if several dozens of homophobic zealots and yuri haters disembarked one day in this forum -- and started flooding the threads with deluges of troll dung, bashing the stories and insulting us loving fans? It wouldn't take long before it'd sink this community, just like it sank the PTC forums. Thank goodness it's not likely to happen.

There's an Old Mod Saying that applies here. "Curate your space, or the worst members of your community will do it for you." It looks like that's exactly what happened in the PTC forums, and it certainly happens elsewhere.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I once had a relationship end on the note of, "I can't get thrown out of the house again."

It wasn't nearly so serious of a relationship as your example, but yeah it's an incredibly familiar story.

Sadly, even in this day an age in some of the more "progressive" countries, this remains all too common a story. It's particularly vicious in tight knit families that have very strong conservative traditions which are drilled in and internalized from a very young age.

I have a life long fried who is both very gay and outwardly rabidly homophobic. He is now in his 40s and has lived his entire life alone without a single romantic partner due trying to live up to the roll that was thrust on him as the only male offspring in a Catholic Latino family. Basically he was supposed to be the one to carry on the family name by starting a family of his own and instead he is this terribly bitter man, consumed by a hatred for that part of himself he cannot change. Worse yet he has externalized that hatred and projected it upon other gay people around him. I have actually gotten into some pretty vicious fights with him over this, but I have never actually outed him. I hope someday he finds peace, but I honestly don't ever see that day coming.

I should add that his parents are good people, just very conservative and traditional. This isn't some example of the parents being rabid bigots and drilling that mentality in to their child, but rather a story of just how hard it can be for some to overcome the ideas they internalized as children as to what is normal and acceptable behavior in this world and how damaging it is to someone who just naturally does not fit within that model of what they were taught was "right."

last edited at Nov 21, 2018 9:13PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Strauvery7 posted:

Why do I always forget their names? Hahahha except for Aya

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Well... That was real. :/

Av
joined Jun 7, 2013

I laughed too much on that Iwashita brain processing bit. :'DD

Good
joined Jun 14, 2016

Recently, I had to give up on a relationship. That woman meant the world to me. Even know I still have feelings for her, but she hasn't come out yet nor does she have any intention of coming out yet. In her own words: "Maybe, I will come out when my parents die."

Such a sad reality to live by. In time I began to think, "I love her, but-"

There was never a but before. My love for her never had doubts, but after she tried to take her own life and still decided to remain the same, I felt that though she failed in taking her own life, she succeeded in killing something within me.
I felt a part of me died, maybe it was my confidence in making her happy, maybe the hope in us working out, but now I am too afraid to love her and continuing what we had. After a month of being in a heavy depressed state, a month of abusing alcohol (I am an alcohol) and putting my own health at little care, I spoke to family members and friends and decided to move on.

"I love you, but, you aren't good for my health. I love you, but, your actions showed me I AM NOT THE ONE for you. I love you, but, I am too afraid to love you."

I don't regret moving on, but it still does suck to give up on someone you loved and envisioned yourself marrying some day, all because they didn't have the courage to come out.
I was in a similar situation and I feel you so much. Thanks for sharing and showing that these issues really do happen.. I wish the best to you in your future endeavors

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I want more Moe and Hikari

7e617d9b-b38f-4347-ab37-83cdd50e9a19
joined Aug 23, 2018

I want more Moe and Hikari

Here you go mate o/
Gosh, they're so cute.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I have a yuribetes attack every time there is a Moe x Hikari chapter.

last edited at Dec 21, 2018 5:17AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

All is well that ends well. (Just a little push more and they will "go wild" another way)

joined Jun 25, 2016

Finally. The manager is out!!!

20190101_004014
joined Apr 14, 2017

Yeeessss

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Phew, I was worried that one of the girls would be cheating on the other when I saw the "cheating" tag, I'm glad this is still pretty wholesome. It helped move the plot along too, which was nice.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Great chapter(as always)!! I respect Hikari for making the decision to break up with that guy on her own. it's never easy to try and change things (even if they are bad for you and you know it).
That asshole, though!
But now Moe x Hikari can happen, yay!! :D

This manga really is top notch, and flawless and everything I ever dreamt of in a manga T^T

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

"I can't keep working at Lily coz it would be awkward with my ex, so I'm quitting!"

Okay, the moment Hikari said those words, all of you who immediately guessed that the manager was going to get fired the next day, raise your hands!

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Moe needs to take Hikari to the clinic for an STD panel, like now

last edited at Dec 21, 2018 12:36PM by

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Aw, I'm sure he used a condom.
They are very common in Japan, they sell them in vending machines that are just about everywhere, even across from the schools...

To reply you must either login or sign up.