Forum › Touko-san Can’t Take Care of the House discussion

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Akari-chan is so thoughtful. She's like, 110% ideal waifu. I can't.. Just. I can't. cries in happy tears No wonder Touko can't help herself. :'D

Let's be honest... Don't we all want an Akari in our lives?
Touko-san is useless... Take me!!!

;)

ok then Akari can give me the hot ol onee-san ;)

joined Jul 13, 2017

YOOOOO6!!!!!! WE WANT A SEX SCENE!!!!!!!!!

joined Mar 30, 2017

I gotta be honest, normally I'm all for age gap, but this really does feel predatory to me

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Oh, I found it cute too.

But I couldn't help thinking that the OL was a bit predatory toward a teen.

Agreed.

joined Sep 1, 2017

I think we all can agree, that in real life Touko-san would be a horrible sexual predator. However, it's a yuri manga, so I think it's okay to relax and enjoy.

last edited at Nov 17, 2018 4:19PM

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

I dunno about horrible sexual predator but she isn't much of a catch either. Akari could do better.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Oh, I found it cute too.

But I couldn't help thinking that the OL was a bit predatory toward a teen.

Agreed.

Pretty much.

joined Sep 1, 2017

I dunno about horrible sexual predator but she isn't much of a catch either. Akari could do better.

Touko-san is pretty much the kind of person, I imagine, sparked the me too movement. Pushing ahead without making sure, her partner really wants her advance, and not just too scared to speak up, and say stop. It's just a matter of luck, that Akari is into it.
I've been wondering, how many times a guy has bulldozed his way through a sexual encounter, without making sure he had consent. The guy walks away thinking they both had a jolly good romp in the hay. meanwhile the woman is left traumatized.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I feel bad for good old daddy. He probably didn't think he left his daughter with a slob and sexual predator lol
Unless this was his secret scheme... pfff

Luckily Akari is receptive, so it's not too bad. Apologizing to mom won't help tho.

I think we all can agree, that in real life Touko-san would be a horrible sexual predator. However, it's a yuri manga, so I think it's okay to relax and enjoy.

I am seriously angry at myself that I feel the same way. We shouldn't have this double standard. Sexual harrassment is bad, no matter what sexual orientation. If this was a guy doing it (even in a light hearted sense) people would be up in arms.
Basically the only reason this works is that the initial kiss wasn't purely intentional and she apologized and tried to make it lose severity. And everything that follows now is probably her already taking the hints that Akari is into it. It was a lucky coincidence (as dictated by the author lol).

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

To be honest, I was quite hesitating to write. For quite sometime, I come to dynasty to read if time would allow it. But doesn't write comments anymore. But, this story seems promising before. It is still. Now, about predatory act? I don't think it is. Touko-san kissing Akari is a chain reaction. Akari insulting her to have "the Face" only and even go beyond as saying that nobody's interested in marrying Touko. The intention to kiss was not there but triggered by the "spur of the moment" when Akari blushed which from experience Touko-san had an inkling of Akari's preference. But when awkwardness comes after a day, thinking that Akari was bothered by it, she made a light mood justifying the act. And we know, nothing happened until the cooking thing again. Physical attraction that she failed to control even if it is just kissing or regardless of the child's preference or desires it as well, she is guilty of that. It is not.predatory but clearly she is taking advantage since SHE IS AN ADULT.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I was suscribed but I had already forgotten about this. What a nice re-read.

Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

The nice thing about manga is that it’s fiction, so even things that wouldn’t be ok in real life can be adorable.

Smoltopbun
joined Mar 2, 2018

It's 2D chill. Instead of saying "imagine Touko was a man" why not think "imagine if Akari was an OL" and call it a day.

joined Oct 8, 2018

I am worried her dad be interested in Touko .... but why Touko kiss her? I need more back story!

joined Jul 26, 2016

.... but why Touko kiss her?

Because she is a dirty pedoliterally can't all the cute that is Akari.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

The righteous indignation is getting funnier by the day. These are works of fiction. If they assail your sensibilities...wait for it...don't read them.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

when you got this

What kind of predator is that?

Imagine if it was an older male...

But by the yuri magic, it all becomes cute.

and this

¯_(ツ)_/¯ Cant win them all lol

last edited at Nov 19, 2018 9:56PM

joined Apr 29, 2018

i wonder somehow if the dad really asked touko to take care of akari... what if touko made this decision on her own... i mean it's possible that she knew about akari's loneliness. considering the father is her boss she couldn't ignore the fact he was leaving. so i wonder if she took the opportunity well... maybe to be closer to akari (or whatever hidden reason). the father don't seems to care much about akari judging by how he avoid her glare and akari is really surprised when touko said that the father worried about her... why would someone be surprised by that if the father was a real loving one? it would be normal to think he is worried.but in that case akari is surprised? why? i wonder if the father even knows his daughter well enough he don't even look at her.

last edited at Nov 19, 2018 10:10PM

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

Déjeme estrechar su mano de poeta a poeta xD

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

i wonder somehow if the dad really asked touko to take care of akari... what if touko made this decision on her own... i mean it's possible that she knew about akari's loneliness. considering the father is her boss she couldn't ignore the fact he was leaving. so i wonder if she took the opportunity well... maybe to be closer to akari (or whatever hidden reason). the father don't seems to care much about akari judging by how he avoid her glare and akari is really surprised when touko said that the father worried about her... why would someone be surprised by that if the father was a real loving one? it would be normal to think he is worried.but in that case akari is surprised? why? i wonder if the father even knows his daughter well enough he don't even look at her.

I don't think that is the case, keep in mind he lost his wife very suddenly and as the manga says he started keeping his mind busy by working and not showing his sadness to his daughter, I think he is working very hard to not show his emotions and does not look directly at his daughter maybe because looking her in the eyes will remember him to his wife and will not be able to control his emotions anymore (maybe start to cry I don't know). I genuinely think he always thinks of his daughter just as Touko says and that is why he asked her to be her side not just to take care but maybe because she could be more emotional supportive than him.
When my aunt died I didn't cry in front of everyone as I was trying to hold my emotions a little to not worry my family, but when I were alone and saw a picture of her or some memory whent through my mind I would cry like little bitch. Eventually I talked with my family and cried with them but it took almost a year for that to happen.

joined Apr 29, 2018

yep i definitly like your version far more better. even if i feel a little bit sour toward the father. and really sorry for his daughter.

last edited at Nov 20, 2018 12:40AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Keeping yourself busy is a pretty common mechanism for coping with stress, grief etc. and "burying yourself in work while keeping a stiff upper lip" would be just about the most screamingly typical variation for someone like Akari's dad so yeah.

joined Nov 2, 2015

Yet another dumb whining about "double standards." Have any of you children realized that that feeling doesn't materialize in a vacuum? The reason people trust women more with minors is because it's a fact that men sexually assault children WAY MORE. 95% of all sexual predators are men. The existence of female rapists and female pedophiles do not erase that fact. That's why human logically form deeper mistrust and hatred towards males in this matter.

Every parent I have talked to, be it the mom or dad, be it the child is a daughter or a son, always want their babysitter to be females. No exception. That's called survival instinct based on real life fact, not double standard.

And even when a child is sexually taken advantage of by a woman, guess what? It usually leaves less physical damage and emotional damage to the child, that's why people typically don't get as angry as when a male does it. Go to youtube and search for the documentary report on men raping almost every male chidren on the street in Afganistan, or western tourists sex tourism in Cambodia. Listen to the sustain body damage to the children due to penetration. Now search for health report on victims of female pedophiles (spoiler: they're almost 100% healthy body-wise). There had never been a female lolicon who killed her victims, but it's pretty common with male lolicon. Look up all the gritty cases where a Belgium pedophile kidnapped and burried alive 2 little girls and left 2 others starve to death after raping them all, or the Japanese pedophile who kidnapped an elementary school girl and left her corpse naked in a sewage after raping her, or the father in Poland who locked up his daughter and raped her to death.

TL;DR: appropriate response based on fact is not double standards. People don't react aggressively towards female lolicons because they're far smaller in number and much less vile than male perpetrators. "If Touko had been a guy"? If Touko had been a guy, he would have raped Akari and threaten her to keep silent instead of being this cute and sweet - and that realistic knowledge is exactly why people are extremely allergic towards an adult male.

last edited at Nov 20, 2018 1:46AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The righteous indignation is getting funnier by the day. These are works of fiction. If they assail your sensibilities...wait for it...don't read them.

Yes, let's curb all discussion about the actual content of the story we are reading, because having a negative impression of any kind is being "too sensitive". Or maybe we can just take it for what it is, discuss it and still keep reading? lol

Yet another dumb whining about "double standards." Have any of you children realized that that feeling doesn't materialize in a vacuum? The reason people trust women more with minors is because it's a fact that men sexually assault children WAY MORE. 95% of all sexual predators are men. The existence of female rapists and female pedophiles do not erase that fact. That's why human logically form deeper mistrust and hatred towards males in this matter.

Every parent I have talked to, be it the mom or dad, be it the child is a daughter or a son, always want their babysitter to be females. No exception. That's called survival instinct based on real life fact, not double standard.

And even when a child is sexually taken advantage of by a woman, guess what? It usually leaves less physical damage and emotional damage to the child, that's why people typically don't get as angry as when a male does it. Go to youtube and search for the documentary report on men raping almost every male chidren on the street in Afganistan, or western tourists sex tourism in Cambodia. Listen to the sustain body damage to the children due to penetration. Now search for health report on victims of female pedophiles (spoiler: they're almost 100% healthy body-wise). There had never been a female lolicon who killed her victims, but it's pretty common with male lolicon. Look up all the gritty cases where a Belgium pedophile kidnapped and burried alive 2 little girls and left 2 others starve to death after raping them all, or the Japanese pedophile who kidnapped an elementary school girl and left her corpse naked in a sewage after raping her, or the father in Poland who locked up his daughter and raped her to death.

TL;DR: appropriate response based on fact is not double standards. People don't react aggressively towards female lolicons because they're far smaller in number and much less vile than male perpetrators. "If Touko had been a guy"? If Touko had been a guy, he would have raped Akari and threaten her to keep silent instead of being this cute and sweet - and that realistic knowledge is exactly why people are extremely allergic towards an adult male.

1. You are extremely biased against men and I feel that alone makes your comment worthless already. I can't even bother to point out every single stereotype you try to force down out throats as facts. And then you act like rape victims or sexually abused children of women are okay and it's not such a big deal because they aren't "physically" hurt and traumatized as much? Physical abuse goes beyond penetration and even that is often done with other means (toys, objects etc.). And you have the gall to say female pedophiles never killed children? You are mad. Nothing you said here excuses these crimes in the slightest. It's like saying "Yeah, she beat me with an ashtray until my skull was fractured, but at least I didn't get my neck snapped like that other guy." There is always something worse, that doesn't mean you can ignore the "lesser" offense.
  2. I was not ascerting that in general we should not be more wary of men than women in these situations. I am talking about the FACT in front of our eyes. Touko is actually acting predatory with a minor. This is not about the general possibility, we are talking about what is already happening. To think this is fine when it wouldn't be with a man, that's the double standard. Jeez, and you call people childish? Don't make me laugh.
  3. It's disgusting to just assume that a guy in the same scenario written by this same author would do something so extreme. We are clearly talking about a man in the same scenario, which means exactly what Touko did here. Even when it's this mild, a man would already be treated as an offender and pure evil, even if it was just a Shoujo romance manga.

last edited at Nov 20, 2018 3:55AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This escalated in something of an alarming fashion.

I’m asking people to back down off the extreme rhetoric here. It’s fine to discuss matters relevant to the story, but try not to get too heated about it, okay?

To reply you must either login or sign up.