Forum › Gaze discussion

joined Feb 23, 2016

Isee

joined Oct 15, 2014

I think this is the only angst story that I can actually get on board with even though it's a not a Yuri ending

last edited at Oct 14, 2018 7:44PM

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

There is hope, and that is good enough for me.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Nice art too.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Yay, more Ootomo Megane!

This couple looks so much like Motoko & Keiko that is feels like I'm reading a prequel.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

"Gaze"
Is that a pun I see, author-san?

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

The old and evil "is wrong to love another girl" has taken yet another victim

Pixelavatar48
joined Mar 29, 2013

I read it twice and I'm still not sure what exactly happened

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Not bad, but also not that good ending.

Final verdict : Meh

joined Jan 10, 2017

This is way too vague, and not just in the conclusion. It's annoying keeping track of who's talking and when/where things are happening. Mangaka seems like they're kind of half-assing the composition.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is way too vague, and not just in the conclusion. It's annoying keeping track of who's talking and when/where things are happening. Mangaka seems like they're kind of half-assing the composition.

That's totally Ootomo Megane's style in both the writing and the drawing. I understand why people might not like it, but that's what this mangaka's work is like.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

not a bad end. they'll prob get together anyway

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Hmm I came to the comments before actually reading to see if the angst was worth it, and it doesnt seem so ^^;; thank you people who leave enlightening comments

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I dunno, if I was her I still would've accepted her feelings even though she broke my trust, I mean if you feel the same way why not go for it? It's not like she cheated on her right? I guess trust is different for different people

Hmm I came to the comments before actually reading to see if the angst was worth it, and it doesnt seem so ^^;; thank you people who leave enlightening comments

There's not much angst, I'd say you can read it without even tugging some heart strings since you don't really get attached to either character

last edited at Oct 14, 2018 11:32PM

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Im kinda nonplussed about this I think? More confused than anything though

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

I liked it quite a lot, it would make a wonderful series. Angst and seemingly one-sided yuri? But both girls are attracted to girls, sounds yummy to me!
The spunky Ao will surely wear away the cloud of distrust and win her heart!

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I quite like this

Very nice for a oneshot, I think the ending works more like this then if they got together

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Lost.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I think the point here is that Miyu is a scared and withdrawn girl with strong defense mechanisms. She can't believe that Ao would like her, and she's afraid of being hurt, so she reacts defensively by impulse. The way she acts when confronted by the other girls really tells you everything you need to know about her. She's terrified but she also refuses to back down, and seems incapable of taking the easy way out. In some ways, she reminds me of me when I was in high school, when I thought any display of vulnerability would lead to betrayal and mockery.

However, Ao is clever and realizes that Miyu isn't truly rejecting her but is merely afraid. She realizes that her flippant attitude is part of the problem and resolves to gradually win Miyu over through displays of sincerity.

last edited at Oct 15, 2018 2:45AM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

What happened? I don't get it. I really couldn't tell who was saying what. I'm so confused.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Ootomo Megane's works always give me a headache trying to figure them out. I feel like I kinda get this one, which is better than I usually do. I gotta analyze 'em like the Zapruder film before I get anywhere.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Huh. I’m confused tbh.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

So blonde girl agreed with black hair girl about it being strange to date girls and black hair girl took blonde hair girl seriously and figured blonde hair was toying with her.

But blonde hair said it because she thought she was being too pushy and wanted to give black hair a way out.

Now blonde hair has to figure out a way to get black hair to trust her again

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think the point here is that Miyu is a scared and withdrawn girl with strong defense mechanisms. She can't believe that Ao would like her, and she's afraid of being hurt, so she reacts defensively by impulse. The way she acts when confronted by the other girls really tells you everything you need to know about her. She's terrified but she also refuses to back down, and seems incapable of taking the easy way out.

That’s the real Megane touch right there—the shy, bookwormish glasses girl we’ve seen a million times (and almost always thought was completely adorable—but I digress), BUT this one is also surprisingly tough, BUT the toughness hurts rather than helps (or at least makes things more complicated).

So, complex characters, atmospheric visual style, and open-ended or ambiguous plots. Not always what I’m looking for, but a very specific and distinctive flavor.

(And not in this particular story, but, in keeping with the author’s name, the glasses girl who is also a seductive hottie.)

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

"Gaze"
Is that a pun I see, author-san?

I'm dead

To reply you must either login or sign up.