Forum › A Love Letter for the Marching Puppy discussion

Mato-san%201%201
joined Jan 10, 2015

Shouldn't it be an age gap now?

It is only 2 years different so i guess it not that large of an age gap.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Oh wow, Kagami is a jealous jealous girl.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Really? I must have missed that one. Kagami surely looks like she's at least 18.

Off-model%20ishibashi-san
joined Aug 20, 2018

Really? I must have missed that one. Kagami surely looks like she's at least 18.

Kagami is a third-year, Indou is a first-year. So 17/18 and 15/16 respectively.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Although she acts and looks quite a bit older, Kagami is just an upper classman. I think even more so it's how young our protagonist looks that gives off the impression such an age gap.

last edited at Oct 14, 2018 10:37PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

First year vs. third year.

Kagami seems to be a bit tallish (at least a half-head taller than Ooba) and Indou is definitely undersized (in the marching squad lineup at the start of the last chapter she's clearly the shortest) and probably also a bit undernourished--she doesn't seem to be very familiar with meat, for instance.

But not nearly enough difference for Very large size gap, and Student-Teacher definitely doesn't apply. Despite the military setting, it's basically just sempai-kouhai.

Mato-san%201%201
joined Jan 10, 2015

^ Yep, another "Kouhai notice me" - Sempai setting

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ Yep, another "Kouhai notice me" - Sempai setting

I'm wondering what Kagami was to Indou's mom in regard to that "maiden" business.

And I'm pretty sure that it's just a function of minimal variation in character design, but Indou's beloved aunt kind of reminds me of Kagami.

joined May 7, 2017

Looking forward to what'll happen next!

Do you think they will go straight to handholding ?

Well, should that ever happen it would definitely tarnish the story for good I say

Images
joined Sep 22, 2015

Snek :(

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

Oh my. Oh my. XD

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Kagami reminds me a lot of "The Master" from My Master & Furry-eared Girl Mel

Now look what you made me do:

Scene: Indou by herself in the woods, having wandered off from her group chasing a [small animal of some kind] to cook and eat. She hears a noise from above—up in that tree, it’s Mel, having wandered off from the Master while following a pretty butterfly, then chased by a wild boar deep into the woods. She’s startled to see Indou—teeters, then falls, right onto Indou’s lap. She’s scratched, dirty, in tears—until kind, brave Indou takes her in her arms and comforts her as she sobs.

Scene: The Master, beyond frantic with worry, rushes around calling for help, encounters Kagami waiting at the edge of the woods for the cadets to emerge from their field exercise—the group does come out, but no sign of either Indou or Mel. Kagami and Master run into the woods calling for their cadet and maid, respectively. They search separately, then find each other again by chance and agree to stay together. It’s getting dark, but neither one has any thought of abandoning the search.

There will be a storm. There will be a deserted ramshackle hut in the woods. There will be clinging together in fear, and huddling together for warmth. There will be comforting. There will be disheveled clothing and the sound of heartbeats.

There will be, in short, so much cuteness as to threaten the integrity of the entire space-time continuum.

That’s all I have for now.

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

finally the kiss scene appeared!

joined Jul 19, 2018

Kagami reminds me a lot of "The Master" from My Master & Furry-eared Girl Mel

Now look what you made me do:

Scene: Indou by herself in the woods, having wandered off from her group chasing a [small animal of some kind] to cook and eat. She hears a noise from above—up in that tree, it’s Mel, having wandered off from the Master while following a pretty butterfly, then chased by a wild boar deep into the woods. She’s startled to see Indou—teeters, then falls, right onto Indou’s lap. She’s scratched, dirty, in tears—until kind, brave Indou takes her in her arms and comforts her as she sobs.

Scene: The Master, beyond frantic with worry, rushes around calling for help, encounters Kagami waiting at the edge of the woods for the cadets to emerge from their field exercise—the group does come out, but no sign of either Indou or Mel. Kagami and Master run into the woods calling for their cadet and maid, respectively. They search separately, then find each other again by chance and agree to stay together. It’s getting dark, but neither one has any thought of abandoning the search.

There will be a storm. There will be a deserted ramshackle hut in the woods. There will be clinging together in fear, and huddling together for warmth. There will be comforting. There will be disheveled clothing and the sound of heartbeats.

There will be, in short, so much cuteness as to threaten the integrity of the entire space-time continuum.

That’s all I have for now.

I thought we were on the same page and I could see where you going with that, but where is the Donner Party cannibal ending, where with her eyes blurred by tears, a desperate and starving Kagami sneaks up and smashes sleeping Mel's head in with a large rock?

last edited at Oct 15, 2018 1:29AM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Shiiiiiiit, that kiss made me squeal. So, so good.

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

WHOA.
nice

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Whoa indeed, I wasn't expecting a kiss so early. Still, this manga is apparently still in serialization so hopefully it runs for long enough that we can see their relationship develop nicely.

joined Aug 7, 2018

[ch 5]

owo

They kissed owo

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

I squealed louder than that boar when they made hot sweaty kiss kiss. Really Kagami, we know you've been thursty since the beginning but its only chapter 5! Keep it in your pants..... pockets... your hands that is, it's far to early for the lewdness of hand holding blush

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

That's sexual harassment, Kagami. You're goin' to jail.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Aww you little starving kid.

@Midnightgunner: Being Brazilian has it's good points sometimes.

Hey-hey, I'm brazillian too! Toca aqui!

...THEY DID IT!!! SCREAMS IT WAS A KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joined Jul 19, 2018

I think the cutest thing about this pair is that despite the fact that Indou is younger, naive and tiny she is totally the tougher and more bad-ass of the two where as her older uptight and proper senpai tries to act all tough. but is actually more feminine. Kagami took one look at that snake and freaked out while Indou was like, cool a snake, let's throw it on a skewer and have picnic. Then a wild boar attacks and Indou thinks nothing of it other than this is awesome, the main course just showed up. She even totally saved Kagami's ass when she froze in fear while trying to flee from the boar.

It's really adorable how their rolls are kind of reversed. Usually it's the tomboy type character who is the aggressor in the relationship and the dominant one in these sorts of stories.

last edited at Oct 15, 2018 5:22AM

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Uh... Ok. That escalated fast.
Not sure I like Kagami's intentions so far. So she's into puppy because maybe she had a thing for the mom + some kind of survivors guilt? Somehow this leads to crushing on the daughter... I guess it's a good thing Indou is denser than a rock

joined Jul 19, 2018

Uh... Ok. That escalated fast.
Not sure I like Kagami's intentions so far. So she's into puppy because maybe she had a thing for the mom + some kind of survivors guilt? Somehow this leads to crushing on the daughter... I guess it's a good thing Indou is denser than a rock

I'm not sure Indou is dense so much as extremely naive and inexperienced. The fact Indou immediately picked up on the fact that Kagami must have some sort of anterior motive for only inviting her out on the picnic suggests she is actually quite perceptive and inquisitive, but just completely lacks the sort of prior socialization to contextualize Kagami's behavior.

So what did everyone make of Kagami's line about "not caring about maidens or anything like that?"

It came off as a bit of strange thing to say, but I took it to mean something along the lines of Kagami basically saying I'm not a lesbian but I'm not going to let anybody steal you away?

Or something perhaps along the lines of I'm normally not into girls, but I am into you?

last edited at Oct 15, 2018 5:58AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.