Forum › A Room For Two discussion

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Why not add the Subtext tag to the chapters that are subtext at best and Yuri when it becomes full-blown Yuri?

Or just replace both with Shoujo Ai, then people can't complain about it not being Yuri.

last edited at Oct 6, 2018 12:11AM

67413148_p0
joined Jan 22, 2016

I never understood the discussion anyway.
The first chapter alone had like tons of handholding, Sakurako basically getting wet when seeing Kasumi the first time, getting matching couple mugs with hearts while thinking about being newlyweds, sleeping in the same bed with Sakurako being too nervous to sleep. Not to mention the illustrations at the end of the chapters.

If that only counts as Subtext, 50% of the stuff with the Yuri tag here might as well get replaced with Super Het.

last edited at Oct 6, 2018 3:51AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Why not add the Subtext tag to the chapters that are subtext at best and Yuri when it becomes full-blown Yuri?

Or just replace both with Shoujo Ai, then people can't complain about it not being Yuri.

Any legit Yuri fandom will not tag things Shoujo Ai. That's just embarrassing and sad.

I never understood the discussion anyway.
The first chapter alone had like tons of handholding, Sakurako basically getting wet when seeing Kasumi the first time, getting matching couple mugs with hearts while thinking about being newlyweds, sleeping in the same bed with Sakurako being too nervous to sleep. Not to mention the illustrations at the end of the chapters.

If that only counts as Subtext, 50% of the stuff with the Yuri tag here might as well get replaced with Super Het.

That is something I also wondered about. I've read several things tagged "Yuri" on this site that had very slow starts with several chapters of not even implied romance. What makes this one different? I guess nobody even knows anymore.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

That is something I also wondered about. I've read several things tagged "Yuri" on this site that had very slow starts with several chapters of not even implied romance. What makes this one different? I guess nobody even knows anymore.

For an extreme example, Yuru Yuri doesn't have a start yet gets a Yuri tag. Most of it isn't even subtext...

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

For an extreme example, Yuru Yuri doesn't have a start yet gets a Yuri tag. Most of it isn't even subtext...

For real? Yeah Yuru Yuri is ironically Yuri-bait. That's a hell of a mind twister haha

last edited at May 27, 2019 3:24AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

It's tagged Yuri because it's from Yuri Hime. But some yuri series or one-shots from that magazine should be tagged subtext. Or even shouldn't have any of that, like this one.

last edited at Oct 6, 2018 9:41AM

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

this is pretty gay. some might even say really gay

joined Nov 5, 2017

That's some nice subtext you've got there.

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

That's some nice subtext you've got there.

yeah man it's really nice to see that their feelings for each other are so well hidden and nuanced. its hard to tell what sakurako really thinks of kasumi, but i think she might be in love with her. not gonna bet any romance though cuz it is subtext after all.

last edited at Oct 6, 2018 7:35PM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Eventually it will be broken down to a sliding scale. Moderate amounts of het, Lots of het, and Insane amounts of het

taiyou_scandalous
Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-t7xta6axzfsg
joined Jul 20, 2014

Any legit Yuri fandom will not tag things Shoujo Ai. That's just embarrassing and sad.

say it louder for the people at the back

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

Hmmmmm Kasumi is annoyed coz Sakurako is gonna kiss random people. XDD reminds me of SakuHima lol

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

I am little surprised at the mystery's XD

Chu Chieu Minh
joined Sep 4, 2018

Is it just me or the seven mysteries are just there to prove how gay Sakurako is for Kasumi? I mean, you don't randomly want to preserve the image of your "friend" forever.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Goddamn Sakurako is coming onto Kasumi really hard in Bonus 2 lol

Also I kinda like the slowburn yuri. It's like a pleasant reward after reading the comic for a while and seeing their relationship grow.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Ha Kasumi got jealous. Sakurako is getting to be disturbing with her obsession and clinginess.

joined Feb 18, 2015

The bonus about the school mysteries had a really great ending. I've seen similar twists, but this one worked well, because you kind of expect Natsuki to do things like give the girls the key to the school after hours and play the piano to freak them out.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

say it louder for the people at the back

ANY LEGIT YURI FANDOM WILL NOT TAG THINGS SHOUJO AI. THAT'S JUST EMBARRASSING AND SAD.

joined Feb 23, 2016

I finally got to see a kiss between those two i can finally rest in peace~

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

The yuripocalpyse has begun.. Out with the Subtext and in with the Yuri
Jealous Kasumi chan is a cutie pie

Ps why do most manga/anime girls have virtually no alcohol tolerance? And the ones that do are usually depicted as alcoholics

last edited at Oct 6, 2018 11:54PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Just sit between her legs. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

https://dynasty-scans.com/images/6896

Oh, i hadn't seen this reply.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Sakurako was an adorable drunk. Also, seriously how is this not at least deserving of yuri crush tags? I mean I can maybe see the argument that Kasumi is asexual or something making it one sided, but Sakurako is strait up yuri mauling her at this point.

last edited at Oct 7, 2018 1:31AM

Photo-1445
joined Dec 15, 2011

Ps why do most manga/anime girls have virtually no alcohol tolerance? And the ones that do are usually depicted as alcoholics

Aside from "it's girly and proper to not be a hard drinker" (and can be played for cute humor), low body weight and inexperience go a long way to make alcohol hit like a truck. Also, alcohol tolerance like lactose tolerance can differ across various populations thanks to genes that code for enzymes related to metabolizing alcohol - basically people with the different genes don't process alcohol as well. It's far from absolute, but Japanese people are one of those populations with a (relatively) high incidence of low tolerance.

As far as the second point, well, one way to build your tolerance is to drink more...

joined Jun 12, 2015

For a second I thought the twist would that Sakurako was possessed by some kind of yuri ghost considering how extra thirsty she was during that chapter. But no, that just how she during stress lol.

And Kasumi being unconsciously jealous was cute

67413148_p0
joined Jan 22, 2016

Sakurako was an adorable drunk. Also, seriously how is this not at least deserving of yuri crush tags? I mean I can maybe see the argument that Kasumi is asexual or something making it one sided, but Sakurako is strait up yuri mauling her at this point.

Okay, I'm not to familiar with it, but asexual people don't usually get jealous when their wife friend tries to kiss another person, do they?

To reply you must either login or sign up.