Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

joined Feb 15, 2013

I could think of many good endings for Satou, where her crime can be forgiven

Reincarnation is one. Regardless whether both died or only Satou do. Having a grown-up (empty jar) Shio stumble upon a disbanded reincarnated loli Satou could finish the cycle of their love.

Amnesia works similarly the same way, where Satou lost memories of her past life, except for her eternal love toward Shio. Maybe the two was separated and then somehow walked pass and united with each other on the side road.

A darker twisted ending. Imaging after the apartment fire, the scene changed to us seeing someone who looked like Satou's aunt sitting inside a dark room. Then the sounds of key drops and a couple of knocks on the apartment door. The Satou's aunt-look-a-like quickly rush out toward the door where a grown-up Shio was there just came back from her part-time job. Basically Satou was seriously injured and handicapped due to the apartment fire, and she spent the rest of her life confined in an apartment the same way her aunt was. Except this time, she is the one who stay home waiting patiently everyday for Shio to come back from her work (which once again finish the manga where it starts).

Ultimate happy ending will however be the parallel universe route. As Satou fell down from the apartment rooftop, another Satou in alternative universe waked up in the middle of her class after school. Next to her was her best friend Shouko, her male friend Mitsuboshi, and the new transferred student Asahi. On the way home, Satou meet the shy kouhai Shu, and then her cheerful aunt who told her that they have a new neighbor starting today, which is then revealed to be Yuuna and Shio.

Having Satou possessing Shio in the anime is a decent option. But we honestly don't know how it would end ultimately. Does it mean Shio is already whole and she never need to love anyone anymore? That's what the anime hinted at, right? (Considering that's what happened when Satou said the same line). Or was it Satou who finally got the ultimate happy ending as she and Shio basically merged

last edited at Oct 1, 2018 10:41AM

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

I still don't have the courage to watch this nor read till the end. My heart can't handle all these sad stuff going on. T.T (not even reading the comments). I'll read it when I'm very very very happy just to balance it( I doubt that day will come tho) lol I'll just remember how cute this was when I first read it, I mean all the SatouxShio cute scenes.

joined May 24, 2014

I still don't have the courage to watch this nor read till the end. My heart can't handle all these sad stuff going on.

BUT THOU MUST! Remember it's WONDERFUL world of dread outhere!

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I still don't have the courage to watch this nor read till the end. My heart can't handle all these sad stuff going on.

I have to admit that there were several chapters where I opened up to the first page, saw what was there, then closed it and put it away for quite a long time. This in particular near broke my heart, even though I knew it was coming.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I have to admit that there were several chapters where I opened up to the first page, saw what was there, then closed it and put it away for quite a long time. This in particular near broke my heart, even though I knew it was coming.

Me three—I got a few chapters into this and didn’t look at it again for maybe a year. Once I eventually realized there was never going to be a turn toward the light, and I didn’t have to worry about an emotional rollercoaster ride of my hopes being raised and then dashed, I’ve been able to read it as a kind of bleak (very, very bleak) and twisted comedy. (It may have been the aunt that made me think, “Ah, what the hell, let’s just go with it.”)

joined May 24, 2014

This in particular near broke my heart, even though I knew it was coming.

Hah! Are you serious?!

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

This in particular near broke my heart, even though I knew it was coming.

Hah! Are you serious?!

Yeah. The idea of this poor stupid girl getting pregnant from being raped is really sad. Especially since we know what happens to her....

joined May 24, 2014

Yeah. The idea of this poor stupid girl getting pregnant from being raped is really sad. Especially since we know what happens to her....

Well it was so over the top it was almost hilarious, like that emergence manga.

Yeah!

Maybe, that's why the anime skipped over her plot.

last edited at Oct 2, 2018 4:27PM

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Well it was so over the top it was almost hilarious, like that emergence manga.

Well, yeah, it had all the subtlety of a bat to the face. But I just wasn't in the mood to read about her awful parents abandoning her after she got raped, no matter how ridiculous the presentation.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Well, yeah, it had all the subtlety of a bat to the face. But I just wasn't in the mood to read about her awful parents abandoning her after she got raped, no matter how ridiculous the presentation.

Maybe that's why they have to cut it from the anime, because the anime is a more mainstream media and that gonna hit too close too home. I mean yandere girl who stab people is the eyes are way worse, but it's much less realistic. Single mother from rape being abandoned by parents, turned into abusive murderer may stir some massive complaints

In the same way, I have hope for the manga that its ending gonna be different to the anime. Considering that the anime goes so generic mainstream conclusion with the yandere girl died, the pedo guy gone crazy, the crazy aunt and the predator teacher got arrested. The manga however can go much more unorthodox. Finger-crossed a Satou x Shio ending is still on the card

last edited at Oct 3, 2018 1:21AM

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

this better not end like the anime. they better actually make it out and live their best life. i refuse to believe the anime ending actually happened. that shit was WHACK.

joined Jan 6, 2017

this better not end like the anime. they better actually make it out and live their best life. i refuse to believe the anime ending actually happened. that shit was WHACK.

This is the point where you start screaming internally.

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

tfw when they're heading towards the anime ending.

Oh well this series was too good to be true anyways. I still love it, just not as much as before.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Those damn eyes.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

A chapter about friendship. How nice.

Satou is a horrible friend.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So many flags.

Shawn posted:

But a true yandere.

last edited at Nov 12, 2018 12:41PM

joined May 24, 2014

She warned her, it's her own godarmend fault for not listening.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Satou isn't a horrible friend, I mean yes she killed her BUT she did tell her to mind her own business AND she rejected her first or at least made her feel that way, no good reason to kill people but still, plus you can tell she really didn't like doing that, I guess she almost feels guilty.
I liked the anime ending, Shio getting all weird shit like Satou, it's perfect.

joined Jan 7, 2017

Whoaaaa. Damn, defending someone who literally murdered their friend as still not despicable in the friendship department? This manga does things to people.

last edited at Nov 12, 2018 2:56PM

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Nooooo why did you have to take the damn ring off, baby girl. I thought this while watching the anime and reading this chapter, the whole shit with Shoko really effected Sato. My girl is always calculated, meticulous and 5 steps ahead of everyone else. Yet she forgot to put the ring back on, that’s a huuuuuge deal to me. I think she’s lying (to herself) about not having feelings for anyone except Shio. Shoko was the closest thing to a friend she had and the whole situation threw baby girl off her game :/

joined Aug 26, 2018

Whoaaaa. Damn, defending someone who literally murdered their friend as still not despicable in the friendship department? This manga does things to people.

Said “friend” fucked her over after spewing nonsense about wanting to know more about her, be there for her, love her and etc. Said “friend” chose a random boy she met on the street over her friend. Said “friend” never once tried to understand Sato. Yeah what she did is wrong and should’ve been handled differently, but shit happens when you’re pushed into a corner. Rationality is thrown out the window and you act on survival instincts

last edited at Nov 12, 2018 3:10PM

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I'm still shocked at the people somehow blaming Shouko for Satou murdering her. You people are fucking insane. If we ever meet in person, remind me to run the fuck away, or preemptively call the police.

last edited at Nov 12, 2018 3:07PM

joined Jan 7, 2017

Said “friend” fucked her over after spewing nonesense about wanting to know more about her, be there for her, love her and etc. Said “friend” chose a random boy she met on the street over her friend. Yeah what she did is wrong, but shit happens when you’re pushed into a corner

Nah, dude. Like in the context of the manga where pretty much everyone's crazy and a yandere, sure, what Sato does is completely normal, especially given her personality. But it still sucks for Shouko, one of the only near-normal characters. Especially cuz there's so much victim blaming towards her.

last edited at Nov 12, 2018 3:12PM

joined Aug 26, 2018

Said “friend” fucked her over after spewing nonesense about wanting to know more about her, be there for her, love her and etc. Said “friend” chose a random boy she met on the street over her friend. Yeah what she did is wrong, but shit happens when you’re pushed into a corner

Nah, dude. Like in the context of the manga where pretty much everyone's crazy and a yandere, sure, what Sato does is completely normal, especially given her personality. But it still sucks for Shouko, one of the only near-normal characters. Especially cuz there's so much victim blaming towards her.

Naaaaah, dude. Simply labeling it as “everyone’s crazy” takes away from the nuances of this lovely work. In the context of the manga or outside of it, I’d argue that what Sato does is normal in the sense that she’s acting out on survival instincts rather than just being a “yandere.” Fight or flight, homie. In regards to victim blaming, that’s fucked up and does suck for Shoko. As mentioned above, I think she was a horrible friend, but I don’t blame her. I just don’t think Sato is “despicable.” Sato might be considered a bad friend, but so was Shoko. That’s all

last edited at Nov 12, 2018 3:25PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.