Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

This aunt! xD She is really a nightmare and a big hero? xD He must really stay away from Shiho

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

I don't really see Asahi being any better for Shio over Satou. Asahi clearly isn't all that mentally stable either, and has even less means of supporting anyone. Asahi or Satou, both are bad options.

Untitled172-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

I kinda want more of auntie breaking Taiyou. This manga is affecting me too much.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Ahaha he got what he deserved for trying to interfere with Satou’s love. It’d be amusing if the Aunt actually helps cure Taiyou of his phobia. Now all we need is for Satou to shove the metal baseball bat up Asahi’s ass, then it truly will be a Happy Sugar Life.

Ps the anime is beautiful and truly captures the essence of the manga

last edited at Sep 23, 2018 10:47PM

joined May 24, 2014

I kinda want more of auntie breaking Taiyou. This manga is affecting me too much.

Yeah, I'm sure that she will rape the pedo outta him

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

The aunt is the best!!! Damn Blondie gonna get it good, he better stop his lolicon madness, I still like Satou, Shio has issues too, Asahi does, Suu does, man everyone there is a nut case. I love this manga and the anime,soooo much

joined Aug 26, 2018

Chapter 39 and 40 in Chinese
https://m.imgur.com/a/PcreSEQ
https://m.imgur.com/a/ho7fZcn

holy moly that cliffhanger, shit is about to go doooown. Lol @ Taiyou naked and tied up, again. I hope it ends with the building burning down while Asahi is inside cradling Taiyou’s naked body and realizing that they only needed each other all along. Meanwhile, Satou and Shio escape from the roof via emergency ladder. The lovely Aunt waiting in the car drives them away to another city and best girl wins :’)

last edited at Sep 23, 2018 11:32PM

ThatSuccubusGirl
joined Jul 8, 2018

Jesus christ auntie this is why nobody loves you

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Chapter 39 and 40 in Chinese
https://m.imgur.com/a/PcreSEQ
https://m.imgur.com/a/ho7fZcn

holy moly that cliffhanger, shit is about to go doooown. Lol @ Taiyou naked and tied up, again. I hope it ends with the building burning down while Asahi is inside cradling Taiyou’s naked body and realizing that they only needed each other all along. Meanwhile, Satou and Shio escape from the roof via emergency ladder. The lovely Aunt waiting in the car drives them away to another city and best girl wins :’)

Your heart is in the right place. d^_^b

joined Aug 4, 2018

So are they really married?

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Auntie is the best character and no one can tell me otherwise

I just hope that Asahi wins & gets Shio back from Sato. As for Sato hope she either dies or go's to asylum where she belongs.

Why do you wish mean thing to Sato ? Let her live her yandere love life. Yandere are the best you know.

The only yandere I ever like Is Yuno Gaso of Future Diay & she was able to redeem herself.

Why not let the darkness consume you? :(

I agree , let all go to the dark side.

I disagree.

Well I can just hope the manga ending will be a bit brighter. Than the anime, where
Shio still sane at the end with Asahi & both are alive. As for Satou she can stay dead or at an asylum with her mind broken.

last edited at Sep 28, 2018 5:40PM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Pls Satou, don't die ;_;

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

welp time to read the manga and see if the ending is as shitty as the anime

Wow look at all the chickens
6606f20b-2e2f-47f6-abfd-4a67acf8c45a
joined Sep 28, 2018

That ending confused me... can anybody explain it to me?

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

With the anime ending today, do we know if the manga and the anime will have different endings?

I believe it's mostly open, you may interpret it as Satou reincarnating in Shio and the two being together forever that way, or Shio having so much psychological damage that she becomes someone that heavily resembles Satou. Probably there are other better interpretations, I'm not sure what was the most apparent interpretation that the writer was going for.

joined Aug 26, 2018

Just watched the last episode and I’m crying, my baby girl Satou sniffles I feel my heart shattering, Satou deserves happiness the most. That scene as they fall and Satou thinks of all the possibilities if they didn’t die really got to me. I think that’s one reason why she protected Shio right before impact, so Shio can live on for the both of them and experience those possibilities. For Shio to feel warmth and happiness, just like Satou did.
I hope the manga ends differently with Satou and Shio actually being together :’( Would be nice too if Asahi and Taiyou didn’t walk off unharmed (physically). Nonetheless, best girl still won and Asahi lost muahaha

Ps only the Aunt could make me burst out laughing while crying. “Matsuzaka’s Aunt is a suspect in the crime” Auntie comes on the TV with a big smile “Yes! It was me!”

last edited at Sep 29, 2018 2:08AM

joined Aug 26, 2018

I believe it's mostly open, you may interpret it as Satou reincarnating in Shio and the two being together forever that way, or Shio having so much psychological damage that she becomes someone that heavily resembles Satou. Probably there are other better interpretations, I'm not sure what was the most apparent interpretation that the writer was going for.

I like your interpretations. I think it’s a bit of both, Shio receiving psychological damage because her beloved died and adopting Satou’s personality as a result. In that sense, Satou is reborn and lives forever within Shio. Other than that, I doubt Satou actually reincarnates in Shio since this isn’t a supernatural series.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Just watched the last episode and I’m crying, my baby girl Satou sniffles I feel my heart shattering, Satou deserves happiness the most. That scene as they fall and Satou thinks of all the possibilities if they didn’t die really got to me. I think that’s one reason why she protected Shio right before impact, so Shio can live on for the both of them and experience those possibilities. For Shio to feel warmth and happiness, just like Satou did.
I hope the manga ends differently with Satou and Shio actually being together :’( Would be nice too if Asahi and Taiyou didn’t walk off unharmed (physically). Nonetheless, best girl still won and Asahi lost muahaha

Ps only the Aunt could make me burst out laughing while crying. “Matsuzaka’s Aunt is a suspect in the crime” Auntie comes on the TV with a big smile “Yes! It was me!”

Aunty got excited thinking of all the love she'll spread in prison

She was also the only character, in the whole show, to get an happy ending, that has to be close to a record

I like your interpretations. I think it’s a bit of both, Shio receiving psychological damage because her beloved died and adopting Satou’s personality as a result. In that sense, Satou is reborn and lives forever within Shio. Other than that, I doubt Satou actually reincarnates in Shio since this isn’t a supernatural series.

My bet is on it being supernatural, maybe Aunty is the fairy of love. It would explain so much.

last edited at Sep 29, 2018 8:23AM

joined Aug 29, 2015

I could still remember the time when everyone hated the idea of Happy Sugar Life being adapted into an anime, but as I can see the anime adaptation turns out to be better than everyone expected it to be.

But Damn it, Am I the only who expected Satou and Shio would have successfully escaped and lived a new life? Season 2 could have Satou tries her hardest to maintain Shio's innocence and purity as she grows up but in the end fails miserably which ultimately leads to Shio rebelling against Satou.

The finale was bittersweet, As Satou falls down to her death while imagining what kind of life, she and Shio would have if they live, she finally realize what love really is. Shio however will forever be bound with her memories of Satou leaving unrepairable psychological damage to her for the rest of her life.

I can't believe that a psychological horror story could hit you with the feels. Geez, even in the end Shouko was the one who stop Satou from her craziness of keeping Shio locked away forever.

last edited at Sep 29, 2018 10:11PM

joined Feb 15, 2013

Hopefully the manga ends differently since the anime rushed so badly through all of the manga events in last 3 episodes. Backstory of Yuuna is massive. Satou's flashback on her life previous to Shio is massive. Where is all of my aunty (best girl!!) moments? The driving license sparking gold? And all of her interaction with Mitsuboshi? Where is my 'Oniichan'???

Adaptation aside, the ending was only acceptable, but feel really vague and lacking. Which honestly kinda understandable since anime is a more mainstream medium, and have a murderer run free may not be the best optic (I feel that's why they ended up having most of the crazy characters getting arrested/ house arrested, and tone down Asahi's insanity level).

The manga ending better not bury-my-gay on us. Kinda afraid it will though

last edited at Sep 30, 2018 3:56AM

joined May 24, 2014

The manga ending better not bury-my-gay on us. Kinda afraid it will though

Yeeeeah, with satou being fucked up in the head I don't think it can't end any other way

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Overall I think the anime turned out way better than I had hoped. They somehow managed to fit most of the manga up-to-date without feeling excessively rushed (they cut a lot from the last few episodes but the story still held together).

My guess is that the manga will end the same, in broad strokes if not the particulars. I don't think any ending where Satou escapes punishment would fit. Maybe, death, imprisonment, or having Shio taken away from her. As Satou herself says early on, when there is sin, there must be punishment. This story, with its extreme plot, its variety of twisted, but simple characters, and its deliberate repetition of key phrases and scenes, sometimes feels like a fable or fairy tale. "The Story of the Girl Who Could Not Love" or something.

And the thing about fables is that they always have a lesson for the audience.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Aw, c’mon guys—all Satou has to do is make a clean getaway from multiple murders with the authorities and several obsessives on their trail, lay low somewhere for about a freaking decade while Shio grows up, then come out as a same-sex age-gap couple with new identities and live happily ever after.

What could possibly go wrong?

To reply you must either login or sign up.