Forum › Mousou Envy discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Bisexuals everywhere are thanking Kodama Naoko for rescuing them from the literary "depraved bisexual" trope.

cough

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

yeah that was a naoko story

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I just like her art!

joined Aug 28, 2016

This is the best kind of Naoko Kodama story, where both of the leads are kinda awful people so that you don't have to feel bad for either of them.

Overwatch_dvaxmercy_icon
joined Sep 6, 2018

"I wanted her to be even more garbage."

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

So she just staying with her for don't be kicked out lol

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Since it seems like this is a pretty old one-shot, maybe her desire to write a more garbage character came to fruition when she wrote NTR.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Since it seems like this is a pretty old one-shot, maybe her desire to write a more garbage character came to fruition when she wrote NTR.

Yeah i think so as well.. she ended up getting that desire realy fulfilled in the end... but we love it right? XD

I loved how the girl says For some reason, looking at you turns me on ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

last edited at Sep 8, 2018 10:41PM

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

This is like that Spongebob episode but gay

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

Yeah i think so as well.. she ended up getting that desire realy fulfilled in the end... but we love it right? XD

I loved how the girl says For some reason, looking at you turns me on ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/looking_at_you_kinda_turns_me_on

joined Nov 2, 2015

This is the best kind of Naoko Kodama story, where both of the leads are kinda awful people so that you don't have to feel bad for either of them.

What is awful about MC? Randomly insult a character like that is awful.

It wasn't rape, because senpai had the full autonomy to leave. It wasn't taking advantage of a vulnerable person, because senpai intentionally didn't want to find work and just wanted to mooch off people. If anything, the request for sex was a fair AND admirable decision. Admirable because MC wasn't a doormat that let people step all over her without doing anything about it, but she wasn't nasty about it either. Truly awful people would have pretended to be nice and selfless on the surface then talked behind the other's back in contempt.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

It wasn't rape, because senpai had the full autonomy to leave. It wasn't taking advantage of a vulnerable person, because senpai intentionally didn't want to find work and just wanted to mooch off people. If anything, the request for sex was a fair AND admirable decision. Admirable because MC wasn't a doormat that let people step all over her without doing anything about it, but she wasn't nasty about it either. Truly awful people would have pretended to be nice and selfless on the surface then talked behind the other's back in contempt.

I agree, senpai is so lazy to the point where she'd risk her sexuallity because of it
Not that it's a bad thing, of course

last edited at Sep 8, 2018 10:58PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

DBR posted:

Was about to comment on that. Senpai is using MC's good will to freeload and doesn't pay for anything. MC should have kicked senpai out ages ago. She simply finally did what she should have done long ago and asked senpai to pay her back. Senpai could simply just not to do it and find other place/actually take care of herself. Instead she willingly accepted the offer and actually seems ok with it. Had MC not give her a option, MC would just kick her out and she would end up on the street anyway. This way she at least had chance to stay. Had MC asked for rent instead, nobody would even think twice about it. There would be no suggesting she is awful or anything. Hell, people would probably said, "she finally did something about it" and applauded her. But because she asked for sex, she is suddenly terrible person by blackmailing senpai for some reason.

last edited at Sep 9, 2018 12:28AM

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Now I keep picturing Spongebob and Squidward as genderbent lesbians. Thanks.

joined Aug 28, 2016

She had every right to kick her out, but issuing an ultimatum like that on the spur of the moment is the kind of thing that's a very bad idea in real life. It's not fair to expect someone to make that kind of decision on the spot without time to think about their options, and it's not likely lead to a healthy relationship.

I mean, it's "fine" here because it's fiction and Keiko seems okay with it and is an unsympathetic character anyway, but I've seen that exact kind of situation end very, very badly IRL. Don't try this at home, basically.

last edited at Sep 8, 2018 11:29PM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

And that's what we read Naoko Kodama stories for, the healthy relationships. ;)

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Kohai is more alpha than I thought she would be.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

TRASHY PEOPLE MOE LOL

And hmm well... Sure senpai was freeloading and taking advantage of her kindness/patience, but... when kouhai asked her for sex, it does become rather bad cus like... The person asking is in a position of power over the other. She's asking for sex, and threatens to kick her out if she refuses. Hard to say no, regardless of how she felt, if it means she'd end up in the streets D:
It'd be like... if you were a pretty clumsy employee and your boss went yo, if you don't sleep with me, I'll fire you.
I don't think whether or not she's freeloading/you're a terrible employee is really the point in this case, you're being pressured/given an uncomfortable ultimatum, right?
Does it really make [being asked for sex to keep your position] "fairer" if you're a worse employee?
What would be fair is owing her rent, not sex, tbh

So no, this isn't really consensual tbh, her hands were tied. Doesn't really matter if being irresponsible is what put her in a position of dependence, it doesn't really give anyone else the right to take advantage of it.
(Though ofc tbf, the way the story is written isn't meant to address things further than "this is how she initiated things and how their relationship became sexual", and now their problematic relationship is at least gay)

last edited at Sep 9, 2018 12:02AM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Amazing. I love her spirit

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

i was literally thinking the same thing wtf XD

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Faust posted:

It'd be like... if you were a pretty clumsy employee and your boss went yo, if you don't sleep with me, I'll fire you.

The thing is, that would be abuse of your power, because that is not something you are contracted to do. On the other hand, MC has no obligation to keep senpai at her home. She is the one making rules. Which as far as we know, they never established and despite MC telling senpai to go look for work everyday, she doesn't do it and doesn't listen to her at all. So honestly it is more like collecting a debt than even giving her a option. Senpai didn't pay her debt for months, so MC reached the point where she had enough of senpai bs and told her to pay it all at once or leave. When you don't pay your debt for months, when debt collector shows at you door, they don't give you time either. They don't care w/e you have money at the moment or not. You had enough time to find a job and pay for it, but you didn't.

And fine, even if you want to say it was abusive, that she used her power. Well senpai did it too. She abused her friendship with MC and MC's good will to get a free staying place and didn't bother to do anything in return. Hell, she didn't even show any signs of actually planning to stop abusing it. In fact she pretty much did it with premeditation, because she liked the way things are. So if anything, MC simply decided to abuse her back and get something in return for all her hassle.

And all in all, she had choice. She could find some other place to stay and/or actually try working again. Is MC her only friend? Or MC is only person who actually allows her to freeload at her place? The point is, the work analogy doesn't work, because senpai wasn't simply clumsy or couldn't do her job well, she simply put no effort, so she reap what she sow. In the end it isn't like she really dislike this arrangement and is actually perfectly fine with it, so who cares? For someone who was supposedly blackmailed, she is being pretty smartass and snarky when MC again tells her to find job.

last edited at Sep 9, 2018 12:24AM

Pixelavatar48
joined Mar 29, 2013

i dont feel good about this one

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

Keiko was flirting with Asami before she made the move, otherwise I do not think she would have done it.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Another work from Kodama Naoko, let's see...
Sees the tags
Clicking really fast because of this

To reply you must either login or sign up.