Forum › Ayakashiko discussion

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Is that even the closet, though? Just because it's dark doesn't mean it's a small, enclosed space. More likely they're outside the room, peeping through a cracked doorway.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Mahoro is not a moeblob, but why is she so so so adorable?

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Also, what are Kuuko and Yukime doing in the literal closet together?

Insane Amounts of Sex

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

They're totally in a closet at the end of 41, but they can also go through walls (see page 1 of this chapter for foreshadowing). They may have just went in to spy

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Altair posted:

They're totally in a closet at the end of 41, but they can also go through walls (see page 1 of this chapter for foreshadowing). They may have just went in to spy

Maybe they just love to get in and out of the closet

67413148_p0
joined Jan 22, 2016

Altair posted:

Maybe they just love to get in and out of the closet

They should come out of the closet already.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Yeah, no. That didn't sit right with me. It's a living room in a traditional japanese house. It's bordered by shoji-style doors, so it probably doesn't even have a closet, so I went looking through some of the other chapters to get a read on the layout of the room, and it doesn't. It's bordered on three sides by the entryway, the hallway to the bedrooms, and a another room adjacent to the courtyard. The third wall faces the outside of the wall and seems to have a window, although I'm less sure about that.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ayakashiko_ch06

In the middle planel there, The doors in the foreground are the same doors that we see Yukime and Kuuko hiding behind in the latest chapter. That's another adjacent room they're in, which is itself adjacent to the hallway that leads out to the courtyard.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ayakashiko_ch03#24

Here's a shot of Mahoro in that room, looking out into the courtyard.

They're definitely in the next room. Alone. With the lights off for some reason.

last edited at Aug 7, 2018 9:16PM

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I don't think one can accuse any of these girls of being in the closet, especially those two.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Everyone loves Mahoro, therefore Mahoro x Harem is the correct route!

Everybody get on board!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

There could be a house layout in one of the volume extras. If someone happened to lay their hands on them, we'd distribute the hell out of them...

And not that this would be the first time they were listening in on that room from a closet
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ayakashiko_ch19#12

last edited at Aug 8, 2018 11:26PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

There could be a house layout in one of the volume extras. If someone happened to lay their hands on them, we'd distribute the hell out of them...

And not that this would be the first time they were listening in on that room from a closet
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ayakashiko_ch19#12

That closet's in the next room over, though. That's the room they're peeking from in Chapter 41, but you can tell from the style of the door that they're actually in the room proper instead of hidden in the closet.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I always wonder in these impoverished young single person suddenly has to go broke and live in abject, precarious poverty to accommodate monsters and supernatural beings - how, exactly, did they all get by BEFORE they enslaved the human through their exreme kindness? I realize it's to show character - but some of that character seems to be over-the-top impractical.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I always wonder in these impoverished young single person suddenly has to go broke and live in abject, precarious poverty to accommodate monsters and supernatural beings - how, exactly, did they all get by BEFORE they enslaved the human through their exreme kindness? I realize it's to show character - but some of that character seems to be over-the-top impractical.

So, A: There's no poverty here. Mahoro lives in a house in Tokyo. This girl is clearly f---ing rich, it's just that she has to spend a lot on living expenses. Even so, she didn't think twice about taking in Nene. She does fuss over money, but that seems more like a personality trait than a product of circumstances. (Otherwise, she would've swallowed her pride and sold the "WeeU") I assume her family is well off and she spends her substantial allowance on feeding the ayakashi. Whether she needs to is ambiguous? Yukime suggested they don't need to eat, being ghosts, but Kii and Kuuko immediately objected. I suspect that's more about them liking to eat than needing to. It'd be a bit odd for Yukime to not know at this point that she needs to eat. That said, if they do need food, it's not like it'd be hard for them to sneak what they need here and there, since anything they pick up appears to vanish from existence instantly.

B: As for what they did before Mahoro, they explicitly address this. Before Mahoro, her grandmother took care of the place. Before her grandmother moved in, the ayakashi were hiding in the empty house. Kii was the zashiki-warashi for the house, so she was already there, and Kuuko and Yuuki met when Kuuko was the god of Yuuki's villiage. They have presumably been wandering the country together as ayakashi for a couple centuries, and know how to take care of themselves.

last edited at Aug 14, 2018 10:22PM

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

why u gotta go and make me teary with such a sweet chapter

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

So, A: There's no poverty here. Mahoro lives in a house in Tokyo. This girl is clearly f---ing rich, it's just that she has to spend a lot on living expenses. Even so, she didn't think twice about taking in Nene. She does fuss over money, but that seems more like a personality trait than a product of circumstances. (Otherwise, she would've swallowed her pride and sold the "WeeU") I assume her family is well off and she spends her substantial allowance on feeding the ayakashi. Whether she needs to is ambiguous? Yukime suggested they don't need to eat, being ghosts, but Kii and Kuuko immediately objected. I suspect that's more about them liking to eat than needing to. It'd be a bit odd for Yukime to not know at this point that she needs to eat. That said, if they do need food, it's not like it'd be hard for them to sneak what they need here and there, since anything they pick up appears to vanish from existence instantly.

Additionally, it’s shown that when Kuuko lost the ability to manifest and stopped getting donations, she was fine. Yeah, she was getting stuff but from (future) Yukime, but before that started she seemed utterly unconcerned with her future well-being. She certainly wasn’t acting like she NEEDED the offerings to survive.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

;_;

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

im not crying yur cryings shutup

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Oh my god tiny Mahoro. It's so cute. Ugh.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Thanks for the super cute update. When I think about it though, it's really sad. If I imagine how Mahoro would look like everytime, she's all alone in a big house - except when Emi's there. cries

I'm happy manga readers can see the Ayakashi too. T___T

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Young Mahoro, young grandma... ;_;

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

No yuri this chapter, but oh the feels T.T

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I miss my grandparents now...

He-man-friends
joined Jan 16, 2014

Emi increased Mahoron Mastery to 100

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

when the yuri gonna start!?

Divalshfgd_400x400
joined Jan 18, 2017

Everyone loves Mahoro, therefore Mahoro x Harem is the correct route!

Everybody get on board!

But Mahoro doesn't even seem to realize she's loved by everyone. It's cute watching her get flustered.

To reply you must either login or sign up.