Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

(So Sayaka will go with you to the police station and stand by you when you turn yourself in; Matsuri knows how to get rid of the body.)

I'd definitely prefer to have a friend like Matsuri in that situation.

Do....do you expect to BE in that situation? ;;;¬_¬

Do you mean breaking into a rich person's house to rescue your lover, or do you mean killing someone? Those may or may not be connected lol

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

(So Sayaka will go with you to the police station and stand by you when you turn yourself in; Matsuri knows how to get rid of the body.)

I can't say the idea never crossed my mind.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Do you mean breaking into a rich person's house to rescue your lover, or do you mean killing someone? Those may or may not be connected lol

Wait a second. When did we start plotting to murder somebody?

I have dibs on the crowbar.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Just a heads up guys. Yuri Navi, the biggest yuri info website in Japan, is taking in questions from fans to interview Nakatani in commemoration of YagaKimi winning the general yuri manga election for the 2nd year in a row. If anyone knows Japanese & has questions for Nakatani, feel free to participate. Here's the link. Limited to one question per person. The deadline is Aug. 15.

Crying%20trash
joined Feb 8, 2018

Uh, I think this chapter was labeled as the wrong story.

joined Aug 15, 2015

Wait.. this isn't the story..

You Can't Do This to My Heart!! Dammit.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

WTF is this? These aren't the right characters. This is wrong! Why is there no "report problems with this chapter" bnutton?! Someone uploaded the wrong thing to this series!

EDIT: This chapter is from "A Kiss and White Lily" not Bloom Into You. Help! Someone fix this!

last edited at Aug 10, 2018 9:26PM

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

wow all the characters look so different! When did Yuu change her hairstyle? Was there a time skip?

last edited at Aug 10, 2018 9:24PM

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Oh my.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

wow all the characters look so different! When did Yuu change her hairstyle? Was there a time skip?

This chapter is from "A Kiss and White Lily" not Bloom Into You. Someone screwed up.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

When did Bloom into You get suddenly worse?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

lol thats the 2nd time ive done that in 5 days

must have bloom into you on the brain

last edited at Aug 10, 2018 9:37PM

Chibi2
joined Jul 23, 2015

"I love you"
screams in pain for Yuu

last edited at Aug 12, 2018 11:19PM

ametueraspirant
80e3d94cc0506fdcdd4caca92582f00c
joined Mar 4, 2014

Yuu... Yuu has changed...

Honoka%201
joined Jun 23, 2015

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH the suspense is killing me!!!

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…It is quite a coincidence that AnoKiss and YagaKimi are having a similar development at the exact same time. >.>

last edited at Aug 14, 2018 8:33PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

English version of Volume 5 showed up today. I don’t remember any particularly important lines where I’d need to compare translations, so I haven’t really looked at it closely yet.

Just glad to have it.

Img_20180401_104003
joined Nov 26, 2017

"No heroes, villains, one to blame
While wilted roses fill the stage
And the thrill, the thrill is gone
Our debut was a masterpiece
Our lines we read so perfectly
But the show, it can't go on
We used to have it all, but now's our curtain call
So hold for the applause, oh
And wave out to the crowd, and take our final bow
Oh, it's our time to go, but at least we stole the show"

Kygo - Stole The Show feat. Parson James

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I'M NOT CRYING. YOU'RE CRYING.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I'm so sad I came late to the party with being in another country without access to Dynasty. What a beautiful chapter. Glad it was set up to be the confession chapter from the very first page. Fitting that they would go back to the river from chapter 10. Squealed internally when they were both standing on the same stone for a second. Got teary when Touko realized the pain she'd caused Yuu. Got even more teary thinking about the perfect, natural intersection of misunderstanding; really relatable.

It was nice seeing Touko so relaxed, was sort of like how she is around Yuu. I think I'm a sucker for developments where person shows private side only to special someone, and then through special someone's support, shows that vulnerable side to anyone without any more fear. It's a more mature growth, instead of that vulnerable side forever always only displayed to one person, trapped without room to change.

Also page 6 liked how the very subtle inclusion of Sayaka leaving without them, back turned, sets the scene for them being by themselves.

Then page 7 for a moment I was worried the bottom three panels were some foreshadowing of Touko leaving Yuu behind. But as I hoped, just like in Chapter 32, she turns around to face Yuu. Nice alternative meaning.

Page 11 trying to figure out why Yuu's statement she liked Touko better now was so poignant, and realized obviously because that's the direct counter to Touko's fear that changing from her persona will lead to losing the love of others. Page 12 obvious but still well-done callback to Chapter 10. Especially the placement of the speech bubbles; that made the panels even more aligned and connected.

With the earlier "why does Touko think Yuu is kind" discussion, it's already been said but I think the why is very simple: because Touko is looking for love, and Yuu has given it to her. And with Touko's definition of love, Yuu's love can't possibly be love so it has to be kindness.

Small completely coincidental, actually meaningless thing, just realized page 10 of the manga on this site is also the page that first shows Chapter 10's river. XD

Also did not consciously catch the shoe symbolism/foreshadowing until it was pointed out in the forums. But that was wonderfully done. Was sort of interesting that the same hands which betrayed her feelings multiple times now reveal her true feelings too, even ironically while she's using them to try and hide.

Touko's fear has become even more relatable recently I think, cause that is a thing which happens, people falling out of love/not liking who you become or maybe who you always truly were. And Yuu really would be kind if it was true that she didn't love Touko, wouldn't she, yet still did all the things she does. Remain gentle and kind, a stable base for Touko to return to and never chaining her, always letting Touko be free. It's just sort of funny because that is love, one type of it at least. But extremely proud of Touko for actively fighting that fear at least with one thought, that despite Yuu definitely loving Touko, she was still kind. Which comes closer to aligning with reality I think.

Ironic that she's afraid of how Yuu's changed. Of not being able to catch up to Yuu. I personally relate to that one too, looool. It makes a lot of sense to me now what she means by being afraid of Yuu. Of Yuu's love. And the last page is a kick in the guts, Touko looking so dejected, and not just the second flight of stairs gone, but also the fence now enclosing the entire perimeter, no gap to exit from. Also geez, those are some steep stairs.

Well, now back to waiting.

last edited at Aug 18, 2018 5:29AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^Missed you at the time, riverFlower. Glad you’re back.

joined Jun 28, 2017

Thank goodness there was no drama. (Not that it would make sense for Nakatani to add any in.)

I am massively frustrated at how modern internet has perverted the classic literary terms. "Drama" is what this manga is all about -- the best kind of drama in fact, the believable, human, character-driven one. Please don't say that this manga has "no drama" when you, in fact, mean "melodrama" and "poorly written and unnecessary complications".

Well, there's one thing that's been on my mind: the possibility of Touko's suicide. I kinda doubt this is the route the story is taking, but damn, her emotional & mental state right now is so unstable, if you just consider her character alone without the whole picture of the story, she honestly is someone who is at the brink of doing it.

Even if the thought enters her silly young head, she has two very committed women in her life who would keep her from it. As I said earlier, the girl is lucky AF.

I almost feel a bit silly saying this, maybe a bit biased too, but I believe this is factually a literary masterpiece, especially for what manga can usually accomplish.

Silly Mizu, we all know that the only literary masterpiece there is in the yuri genre is the Yuri Mekuru series.

This.

If only you would it get it into your silly little head that there is nothing about this nonsense that is believable, human, relatable or even dramatic.
This is all just a crappy exploitation story using the unoriginal, boring and misogynistic melancholy dark-haired girl trope like a billion boring misogynistic stories have done since the dawn of the entertainment industry.
And if anything it is Yuu and Sayaka who are lucky to have such a hard-working, dedicated friend who loves them so much.
Even so, the idea of Touko commoting suicide is something that has only ever existed in the minds of salivating misogynists.
Nothing of the kind has ever had a grain of possibility in a character with such a love of life and people.

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

For those of you who are interested in the anime, some key visuals for the characters have been posted :-

http: // yagakimi.com/news/

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is all just a crappy exploitation story using the unoriginal, boring and misogynistic melancholy dark-haired girl trope like a billion boring misogynistic stories have done since the dawn of the entertainment industry.
And if anything it is Yuu and Sayaka who are lucky to have such a hard-working, dedicated friend who loves them so much.
Even so, the idea of Touko commoting suicide is something that has only ever existed in the minds of salivating misogynists.
Nothing of the kind has ever had a grain of possibility in a character with such a love of life and people.

Your mind-reading skills about the motivations of other readers are just about as good as your text-reading skills.

Fantasize a character that has almost nothing to do with the one that’s actually in the story all you want, but try not to insult other people while you’re doing it.

joined Jun 12, 2015

For those of you who are interested in the anime, some key visuals for the characters have been posted :-

http: // yagakimi.com/news/

And OP/ED songs.

To reply you must either login or sign up.