Forum › Swap ⇔ Swap discussion

joined Sep 15, 2014

So, I've been following this series as its been released on here for a few years now, and there is clearly a good degree of character/relationship growth going on. Haruko and Natsuko have gone from complete strangers, to friends, to best friends and maybe a little more than that. However, this series has been a cute and funny 4-koma series from the start, and it's pretty likely that the author is just going to keep it going in that direction.

As has been stated by others, the moment Haruko and Natsuko enter a relationship, that would quite possibly be the end of the series. The author clearly wants to keep the series going, so the relationship between them has been kept at a kind of half-way point for a while now.

I feel like a lot of the comments lately are either, they won't end up in a relationship because subtext, or they are basically already in a relationship because goggles. This is a slice-of-life and comedy series that explores the idea of being able to swap bodies with somebody, and that's what it's always been. Yes there are hints of romance because of all the kissing and stuff, but the romance has always been secondary to the comedy, and that isn't really likely to change.

Fair enough. Rather than a couple, it may be more accurate to refer to them as a pair. However, some people seem to be doubting even that, without any real reason.

True, there's clearly no doubt that they are a pair. I'd even argue that it is likely they will end up together either later on/when the series ends. There's been a couple of series out there that have continued after a pairing has formed, A Room For Two does that, although you would need to read the Jap version to get to that point.

Things like this make me wish there were more series like Wife and Wife where the characters are shown in a relationship instead of just the lead-up.

joined May 23, 2015

The fact that lesbian relationships are actually acknowledged as a normal thing and exist in the series around the main pair is pretty significant.

That's one reason I view the teacher's relationship as being a much more important development on that front than Fuyumi and Akiho's existence.

last edited at May 29, 2018 1:10AM

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

This manga is not subtext, but it's a 4-koma and the goal of 4-komas is to last as long as possible.

If the main characters become an actual couple, the whole dynamic of the manga change and it distracts of the main plot point, which is them swapping and finding occasions to make it funny and cute.

That's why only side characters are actual couples.

Thank you! This is it.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yikuph posted:

This manga is not subtext, but it's a 4-koma and the goal of 4-komas is to last as long as possible.

If the main characters become an actual couple, the whole dynamic of the manga change and it distracts of the main plot point, which is them swapping and finding occasions to make it funny and cute.

Sometimes people doesn't understand how manga work. If it's comedy at first then they stick with it, don't turn it into romance or horror story.

*cough* Helck *cough*

last edited at May 29, 2018 1:47PM

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Sometimes people doesn't understand how manga work. If it's comedy at first then they stick with it, don't turn it into romance or horror story.

I thinked that too, at least before I read Every Day Lily and Daily witch. Their endings made my heart hurt...

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Haruko" We haven't kissed in a week" not SWAP, but kiss >.> I see what matters

finally, i've been waiting for someone to point this out.

nah
it must've been some kind of translation error from doki scans, solely for fanservice purpose

She says kiss.

well it's straight up fanservice from tomekichi sensei then, n like I've said before they brushed it off as a joke anyway~ so nthn's change

You just really dont like this, you've resorted to denial at this point. But what I want to know is why the heck you are so adamant about denying this, do you find it amusing?

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

Where is this being published by the way? I've been buying the japanese volumes to support it but only the first 3 are out. Is it being published chapter by chapter in a magazine?

joined May 30, 2016

So it seems like Vert is a drunk teacher now

Av
joined May 25, 2015

That "Oh right, mirrors" at the end was great. I guess I got caught in their rhythm, I didn't think of that option at all

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Well at least no one used the line "It's okay. We're all girls".

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Naked kissing.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

CAN'T YOU JUST USE A MIRROR YA DUMMIES

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Too fanservicey.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

You can see all of that with two mirrors. Or just a photo. But I guess there's something different about seeing it from a third person perspective...?

But yeah, too fanservicey.

Kuvl_u-8
joined Nov 1, 2015

they should have let them alone, it would have been good development of their relationship :p

joined Nov 27, 2017

Well at least no one used the line "It's okay. We're all girls".

Quite the opposite. The moment they started stripping their friends were like, "Should we... Leave y'all to it? Have fun fucking, kthxbai!" (Which is the best reaction)

joined Dec 31, 2016

I don't really get the whole, "you have a mole there." I have 30 moles on my arms alone.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Hell yeah, new chapter baby. Though now I really am curious about the scanlation process of this series. Usually we wait like a year for a new volume right, what changed? Not that Im complaining.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

what changed?

The group is using magazine scans.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Why would you use a mirror when you could borrow your totally-not-my-girlfriend's body and look at each other naked? ;)

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I demand a wallbreak tag

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

She literally does that exact thing at the end.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I really liked this series at the beginning but lately I haven't been finding it all that interesting anymore... could anyone please give me a spoiler and tell if there has been any romantic development in these last few chapters? Or some interesting plot elements besides the usefulness and fun of swapping?

sweetjalapeno15
Ne
joined Nov 21, 2017

This series is really running out of ideas.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

This series is about fluffy slice-of-life-with-swapping stuff. It's never going to have a plot, although Natsuko's increasingly strong blushes whenever the idea of her and Haruko becoming a couple is brought up in some way suggests that romance may not be entirely out of the question. But the point of the series is the lighthearted fluff, not the progression. If you can't enjoy fluff for fluff's sake, this isn't the series for you.

To reply you must either login or sign up.