Forum › Swap ⇔ Swap discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

That flippantly instrumental take on the whole swapping business isn't anything new.

But compare & contrast how Haruko is vaguely uncomfortable with the idea of Natsuko kissing other girls in her own body...

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Haruko" We haven't kissed in a week" not SWAP, but kiss >.> I see what matters

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

finally, i've been waiting for someone to point this out.

last edited at May 28, 2018 12:09AM

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

nah
it must've been some kind of translation error from doki scans, solely for fanservice purpose

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The only mystery that keeps deepening here is how much more oblivious those two can get. >__>

Aasami
joined Aug 9, 2016

nah
it must've been some kind of translation error from doki scans, solely for fanservice purpose

She says kiss.

joined May 23, 2015

Her saying it would have been more useful doesn't necessarily mean that's what she actually wants.

I'm inclined to believe her initial reaction to be the most honest representation of what she actually felt.

joined Mar 21, 2016

nah

She says kiss.

well it's straight up fanservice from tomekichi sensei then, n like I've said before they brushed it off as a joke anyway~ so nthn's change

Satchmo_Omega
Hedgehog
joined Feb 26, 2018

You are as much in denial as they are.

joined May 23, 2015

Considering how at this point even all the people around them are basically telling them to just start dating already, I think it takes more leaps in logic to conclude they're never going to get together.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

well it's straight up fanservice from tomekichi sensei then, n like I've said before they brushed it off as a joke anyway~ so nthn's change

Could you please stop doing this? You're reiterating the same argument repeatedly, and it's gotten really old. It's fine if you don't like something, but that doesn't mean you need to keep deliberately butting heads with the people that do. You're being pertinacious, and it's very obnoxious.

Jpeg_20190503_195855
joined Aug 21, 2016

I think this video fits this situation quite well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80YFtnTBApU

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Could you please stop doing this? You're reiterating the same argument repeatedly, and it's gotten really old. It's fine if you don't like something, but that doesn't mean you need to keep deliberately butting heads with the people that do. You're being pertinacious, and it's very obnoxious.

I've seen Sheska in other subtext manga threads and he/she always does the same. Maybe they like to troll or they are genuinely scarred by subtext that went het and this has made them overly pessimistic about all subtext in the world, still obnoxious xD.

About the scene, according to psychology the selection of words is really important, so her saying "kiss" instead of "swap" is relevant, plus the author kept consistently using the words "swap" before, this is an important change

joined May 23, 2015

As obnoxious as when people who whine and criticize various series, claiming they're never going to go anywhere and will have a friendship ending... when barely more than a single chapter even exists yet.

joined Mar 21, 2016

it wasn't me the one who always brushes everthn off as a joke u know,
blame the author, blame tomekichi -sensei, you should've dumped all your anger toward him, not me.
Im seriously impressed that somebody would get triggered over this pftt

joined Mar 21, 2016

I've seen Sheska in other subtext manga threads and he/she always does the same. Maybe they like to troll or they are genuinely scarred by subtext that went het and this has made them overly pessimistic about all subtext in the world, still obnoxious xD.

About the scene, according to psychology the selection of words is really important, so her saying "kiss" instead of "swap" is relevant, plus the author kept consistently using the words "swap" before, this is an important change

well you have a point there, butt at the end of the day it doesn't really change anthn cuz the author legit contradicted this so called "important" change by literally brushing it off as a joke~ again xD
as always, we're back to a square one again, again, n again n again n again. I bet it'd keep happening until the end of the series lol
ps. I never thought senpai would notice me...

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Lmao I don't believe it was brushed off as a joke just because of that one liner joke from Haruko. The fact that Natsuko intensely blushed after being kissed(to swap)by Haruko shows that something is happening.

last edited at May 28, 2018 11:20AM

joined May 23, 2015

I don't know why you're so hung up on a single line, put in as a gag, or why you think that single gag negates everything said in the serious, non-gag parts. Or are ignoring any possibility that Haruko herself could be conflicted about the realization.

Or why you seem to think you know better than everyone else exactly what the author intended with every single detail, as well as everything the author is going to do in the future.

I swear, the hoops some people will jump through in order to interpret something as having no relationship growth just so they can criticize it for having no relationship growth. I get the feeling that even if something like Majyo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane were just starting its releases today, someone here would claim it was going nowhere and would have a friendship ending.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

well you have a point there, butt at the end of the day it doesn't really change anthn cuz the author legit contradicted this so called "important" change by literally brushing it off as a joke~ again xD
as always, we're back to a square one again, again, n again n again n again. I bet it'd keep happening until the end of the series lol
ps. I never thought senpai would notice me...

Most subtext manga are like this tho, Japanese have this "love" for the "longing" of the feeling of "having it but not just yet" so, yeah.
Hmm thing is that it seems you'd like to be thought as a realist when you're actually being overly pessimistic, even if it is a recurring gag, there HAS BEEN development in their relationship, not like in American movies where they find their "happily ever after" in like.. 3 days, nevertheless it is there, and you are being a bit stubborn not to acknowledge it.

P.s. xD listen to your senpai then

last edited at May 28, 2018 12:15PM

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I was worried it wouldn't lead to a real relationship at the start, but now that we're seeing these happy side couples, especially the teach, I think it'll work past being subtext eventually.

joined Jul 26, 2016

We're hitting levels of denial here that should not be physically possible lmao

The series is already at the point where the author can entirely plausibly spin up a True End at quite short notice if/when necessary, as Hikawa did with Shinozaki-san - which is very sensible from a business perspective. That way you can stretch out the series as long as it works and then wrap it up quickly and neatly once the time comes to call it a day.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This manga is not subtext, but it's a 4-koma and the goal of 4-komas is to last as long as possible.

If the main characters become an actual couple, the whole dynamic of the manga change and it distracts of the main plot point, which is them swapping and finding occasions to make it funny and cute.

That's why only side characters are actual couples.

joined Sep 15, 2014

So, I've been following this series as its been released on here for a few years now, and there is clearly a good degree of character/relationship growth going on. Haruko and Natsuko have gone from complete strangers, to friends, to best friends and maybe a little more than that. However, this series has been a cute and funny 4-koma series from the start, and it's pretty likely that the author is just going to keep it going in that direction.

As has been stated by others, the moment Haruko and Natsuko enter a relationship, that would quite possibly be the end of the series. The author clearly wants to keep the series going, so the relationship between them has been kept at a kind of half-way point for a while now.

I feel like a lot of the comments lately are either, they won't end up in a relationship because subtext, or they are basically already in a relationship because goggles. This is a slice-of-life and comedy series that explores the idea of being able to swap bodies with somebody, and that's what it's always been. Yes there are hints of romance because of all the kissing and stuff, but the romance has always been secondary to the comedy, and that isn't really likely to change.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

So, I've been following this series as its been released on here for a few years now, and there is clearly a good degree of character/relationship growth going on. Haruko and Natsuko have gone from complete strangers, to friends, to best friends and maybe a little more than that. However, this series has been a cute and funny 4-koma series from the start, and it's pretty likely that the author is just going to keep it going in that direction.

As has been stated by others, the moment Haruko and Natsuko enter a relationship, that would quite possibly be the end of the series. The author clearly wants to keep the series going, so the relationship between them has been kept at a kind of half-way point for a while now.

I feel like a lot of the comments lately are either, they won't end up in a relationship because subtext, or they are basically already in a relationship because goggles. This is a slice-of-life and comedy series that explores the idea of being able to swap bodies with somebody, and that's what it's always been. Yes there are hints of romance because of all the kissing and stuff, but the romance has always been secondary to the comedy, and that isn't really likely to change.

Fair enough. Rather than a couple, it may be more accurate to refer to them as a pair. However, some people seem to be doubting even that, without any real reason.

joined Dec 4, 2016

This manga is not subtext, but it's a 4-koma and the goal of 4-komas is to last as long as possible.

If the main characters become an actual couple, the whole dynamic of the manga change and it distracts of the main plot point, which is them swapping and finding occasions to make it funny and cute.

That's why only side characters are actual couples.

Sometimes people doesn't understand how manga work. If it's comedy at first then they stick with it, don't turn it into romance or horror story.

To reply you must either login or sign up.