Forum › LilyHara! discussion

joined Apr 12, 2014

Moree

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Bless Kodama! Why so short... ;_; A few chapters, or even just one long-ish one-shot would have worked better with this premise. Give me more of these two, I beg of you...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Moral of the story, kids: Be nice to the nerds in your class, they're gonna be your bosses one day.

No one seems to mind that it's really sexual harassment... There is a reason why companies have policies against relationships between superiors and subordinates. Miyata clearly abused her power, to illustrate why that can be very wrong. Even if she wasn't, that wouldn't have been the place for starting anything.

It's not that we don't mind (well, OK, "that I don't"), but this one-shot uses the classical Kodama technique of pairing up two people who are fucked up in exactly the same way, and so are a match for each other. Miyata abuses her social power in their work environment, just as Nagao had repeatedly abused her social (as one of the "popular clique" in class) and emotional (unwittingly) power over Miyata back in school. Neither is morally acceptable, but is the necessary conceit for the purpose of establishing Kodama's patented messed-up relationship.

last edited at Aug 2, 2018 4:26AM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Neither is morally acceptable, but is the necessary conceit for the purpose of establishing Kodama's patented messed-up relationship.

You get it. That's what I love about most of her stories—it's great to see two people who are perfect for each other due to their complementary neuroses.

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

I wish she make a long story like ntr again ;-;

joined Jun 12, 2015

Rushed as fu......

joined Nov 27, 2017

Well, that's really hot, but also just genuinely some extreme fucking sexual harassment that would've been beyond fucked up if the recipient were any less into it. She started stripping her without yet having a single unambiguously positive response. It's super fucked up.

joined Feb 23, 2016

That escalated very quickly

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

I. NEED. MORE.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

wahahahaa I love it slightly ashamed of myself. Kodama knows there are people who like blonde (brunette) x black and she always give us exactly that. Plot? I think it is better not to talk about it, considering her attempt at plot always end up in melodrama lmao

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Hnnng. Great short

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The supervisor girl is doomed to be bullied, because she's still weak-willed.

And once again, it ends abruptly.

Kodama Naoko is a premature ejaculator writer.

Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

Lmao, totally agree.

Although I don't see Miyata being bullied all 24 hrs of the day. She still has the upper hand while at work and seeing how she handled Nagao earlier, she can swing the situation right back if she wills so. At home though, it'll be a different story ;).

Damn I want more of these two.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

When the author given 10-20 pages in a massive anthology, it's pretty fucking stupid to blame them for the story's abrupt ending.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

It's possible to write well paced one shots, though. They're just something she can work on. It's really not too bad as a one shot, though. I guess it's more about if you want a wrapped up story, like this one, or one where the relationship ends in limbo, like a lot of the Eclair stories. Personally.

last edited at Aug 2, 2018 8:53AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

When the author given 10-20 pages in a massive anthology, it's pretty fucking stupid to blame them for the story's abrupt ending.

10-20 pages is plenty for a oneshot to tell a satisfying story.

Kodama Naoko loves soap-opera drama, but seem to be unable to let it untangle gently, or believably.

Untitled172-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

Squint closely at the cover page and its Yuzu and Mei

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Good story just a little short.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

That credit page is still great

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

No one seems to mind that it's really sexual harassment... (...)

Pssssttt, it's fiction.

Yes, it is important that people realize what it is, though here it was literally said in the manga itself. And though irl it wouldn't work like that at all, so wouldn't so many things in manga. It's fiction, sometimes you don't have to take it as seriously, life already has enough of that.

People do mind, except in this instant it can be kind of ignored since there wasn't any weight behind it, it wasn't the focus at all and there's no reason to really discuss it. Besides, everyone commenting 'omg that's disgusting, sexual harassment? Seriously?' kind of ruins the manga... You might argue that it just should have never been there in the first place, but this is an extremely fast paced manga and you needed something sudden to turn the boat around. Which is usually, as also in this case, sudden kissing.

Though I understand your comment, and I suppose one such comment is necessary on every immoral happening just to put it out there, you don't have to take it so seriously. Just chill.

last edited at Aug 2, 2018 4:06PM

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

... There is a reason why companies have policies against relationships between superiors and subordinates. ...

And just fyi, there's also a reason why in some places that's actually illegal. Not to say it wasn't sexual harassment (at the start), but it's not a company's business to dictate who you can date and who not. Where I live that would not be okay. (Obviously you can set rules for what is and isn't okay in the office and so forth, but outright having a "policy against relationships" is a no no).

Btw, Miyata didn't even seem to disagree that it's not okay to suddenly kiss her and Nagao, for once, did immediately the right thing and fought back, even mentioned HR. But when Miyata explained why she transgressed Nagao quite apparently forgave her. So are you saying the victim can't forgive the transgressing person? Sure, Miyata can't know for sure that Nagao isn't just with her due to feeling obligated, but you can never really be sure in a relationship (even in case said relationship is nothing more than a fling, which we can't know).

Jeez, the world isn't always so black and white... even the world depicted in a b/w manga...

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Wait, right there in the office. SWEET!

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I love twisted relationships just as much as (probably more than) I enjoy reading about fluffy couples who are too perfect to exist in real life. Afterall, variety is the spice of life.

joined Jun 9, 2018

Oh... I get it!
She was a loner, but then she went full lesbian.

joined Mar 10, 2012

fuck sexual harassment, don't let yourself be a victim.
i need mo of this to keep me sane kodama

To reply you must either login or sign up.